TSN: Canucks, Golden Knights, Hurricanes, and Flames interested in Tyson Barrie

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Barrie for Hammer I guess?

I think Barrie would be our best option on the PP, but I don’t see him as a huge upgrade on Hanifin/Andersson/Gio.

Hamonic is okay 5 on 5, but the thing people always overlook with him is that I don’t think there is a better player on the PK in the entire league.

Doesn’t make a ton of sense for that reason but who knows.

Reactions: SnipeNCelly

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Feels a bit weird to read these rumors after such a short period in Toronto.

Reactions: Goulet17

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Makes zero sense for the Leafs to trade Barrie unless they (as an organization) feel this isn't their year and want to stock up for next year. Otherwise, it makes no sense.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Toronto finally waving the white flag and are sellers? :towel:

Van should just make a minimal offer, otherwise just sign him at no cost of assets in the summer.

Stecher, Juolevi, Bailey

for

Barrie

I think Calgary has the biggest need out of all these teams for a guy like Barrie.

Reactions: SnipeNCelly

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Barrie for Hammer I guess?

I think Barrie would be our best option on the PP, but I don’t see him as a huge upgrade on Hanifin/Andersson/Gio.

Hamonic is okay 5 on 5, but the thing people always overlook with him is that I don’t think there is a better player on the PK in the entire league.

Doesn’t make a ton of sense for that reason but who knows.

Isnt Hamonic injured?

If not, A Hamonic/Barrie swap has been discussed on the Leafs board as well. I think its something we would want to do

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If the Leafs can grab Severson/Manson, can definitely see Barrie moved, maybe even to Carolina if they’ll send our first back.

I imagine we wouldn’t accept any less from them since they are in the playoff race.

Vegas could be an interesting fit

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
Barrie has been a terrible fit on the Leafs but he still holds trade value. He would get a 1st, 2nd and a couple of warm bodies type return or its player for player. The Leafs would then use some of those assets on a defenseman that is a far better fit.
All the people saying they are giving up makes me laugh. They are being very smart about this.
They have an asset that has value in the open market that is of greater value to their team. move that asset and add an asset that is of better value in that spot.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
If the Leafs can grab Severson/Manson, can definitely see Barrie moved, maybe even to Carolina if they’ll send our first back.

I imagine we wouldn’t accept any less from them since they are in the playoff race.

Vegas could be an interesting fit

Toronto doesn’t really have anything of interest if we do move Severson, outside of Nylander. We’d have to add but if we do make such a trade, our defence (aka our biggest weakness) becomes even more putrid. True, Severson isn’t a stud in his own zone but that just goes to show how weak we are at that position.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Makes zero sense for the Leafs to trade Barrie unless they (as an organization) feel this isn't their year and want to stock up for next year. Otherwise, it makes no sense.

It actually makes a lot of sense, if you understand the Variables.

Mckenzie said that any trade Involving Barrie, would require another competent Defenseman back + something small.

If its a future's deal, then the Leafs would want to flip those futures for another Top 4 D-man immediately. So in other words, another deal would have to be lined up.

We're not "Selling" Barrie. His time with the Leafs has been abysmal and he doesn't fit our team at all. If anything, trading him might make us better as a whole depending on which defenseman comes back.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
I'd be interested in the return if he's dealt. Hasn't quite fit the system dispite flashes of excellent play. At just over 2m he'd be a good option for someone looking for a good ppqb. Leafs need more defensively sound defenceman.

KobeBean143

VINO #24 #8 #2 MVP
Mar 13, 2015
Barrie has been a terrible fit on the Leafs but he still holds trade value. He would get a 1st, 2nd and a couple of warm bodies type return or its player for player. The Leafs would then use some of those assets on a defenseman that is a far better fit.
All the people saying they are giving up makes me laugh. They are being very smart about this.
They have an asset that has value in the open market that is of greater value to their team. move that asset and add an asset that is of better value in that spot.
Too much logic bro

Reactions: WillyNy

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Barrie is a sexy name but he's been below-replacement for the Leafs this year. Holden for Barrie sounds horrible but honestly Holden would be a better fit.

But I think Barrie still has value so they can probably do better. If Scandella can get a 2nd and Martinez can get 2, then Barrie is worth a good package.

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON

Seems like an over payment for someone who doesn't care/cant play defense at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad