Rumor: Canucks extremely active

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
You still don’t get it do you? We had some of the best defensive bottom 6ers in the NHL when the Sedins were playing. From Malholtra to Kesler to Burrows to Hansen Etc. Why tf would we waste the Sedins in the defensive zones when they weren’t our best defensive players and we can rest them for the O-Zone?? That doesn’t mean they weren’t good defensive players :facepalm: Hell, Torts deployed them on the penalty kill multiple times when he coached here. That tells you something hey?
Just give it a rest. Even if you can somehow convince someone that the Sedins were okay definitely, what does that have to do with Boeser? He's just not that great defensively and in no way "extremely complete" or whatever you were calling him. Lol talk about a red herring.... Malhotra and Burrows? Wtf does that have to do with this?

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
The problem with a team trying to make big changes is what teams are will to take on cap . Lots of teams are looking to dump cap because of internal budgets . Then you have the expansion draft and a flat cap .

My team the Oilers need to make changes as well and they probably won’t be able to get much done unfortunately.
Good luck . I am not a Vancouver fan but you guys have the making of a very good team . Congratulations on the quick turnaround.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Wtf is a one track pony? :laugh:

One trick pony doesn't make sense either.
522967fa5d277.image.gif

Reactions: Fig

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Are you guys serious? It's one track mind.

This kinda makes sense. But it seems like a major tweak of what was said in the tweet though. Someone really brain farted if that's the case.

One track show pony...

He’s the kind of pony you want to take to the track and show off....

Like a railway track?

Perhaps a one track mind set only on moving money right now so he can make contract decisions.

Makes sense Jim! Thanks for clearing it up :)

LOL one trick pony makes sense..

What's the trick?

Must be something you’d find in a one horse town.

Sounds Christmassy. Like that song that goes, "In a one horse open sleigh..."

Interesting visualization. I was imagining Richard Simmonds myself.

... And to others, in case it wasn't obvious, I was making a joke about the wonky wording of the tweet. Thanks to those who were able to joke about it with me! :)

Canucks are not the only ones talking on the phone.

Well, yeah. If there's no one on the other line and you're yelling into a receiver, you might need a new shirt and a padded room.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Just give it a rest. Even if you can somehow convince someone that the Sedins were okay definitely, what does that have to do with Boeser? He's just not that great defensively and in no way "extremely complete" or whatever you were calling him. Lol talk about a red herring.... Malhotra and Burrows? Wtf does that have to do with this?

You have got to be kidding me...am I talking to a wall? You literally were bashing the Sedins saying they got “an absurd” amount of zone starts. What does Malholtra and Burrows have to do with this? Hmmm let me see. Maybe we had such good defensive players, there wouldn’t be a point to play the Sedins in defensive situations like I literally just said in my last post that you completely ignored to fit your own narrative. The Sedins were very smart and held their own defensively just fine. They literally had the puck every time they were on the ice and the best defense is a good offense so there goes your argument.
Oh and about Boeser, you can keep spewing whatever you want, that doesn’t change the fact that Boeser is a complete all around player who has evolved into an excellent playmaker.

But yeah, keep spewing your misinformation and facts to try and devalue Boeser that’s fine.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
You have got to be kidding me...am I talking to a wall? You literally were bashing the Sedins saying they got “an absurd” amount of zone starts. What does Malholtra and Burrows have to do with this? Hmmm let me see. Maybe we had such good defensive players, there wouldn’t be a point to play the Sedins in defensive situations like I literally just said in my last post that you completely ignored to fit your own narrative. The Sedins were very smart and held their own defensively just fine. They literally had the puck every time they were on the ice and the best defense is a good offense so there goes your argument.
Oh and about Boeser, you can keep spewing whatever you want, that doesn’t change the fact that Boeser is a complete all around player who has evolved into an excellent playmaker.

But yeah, keep spewing your misinformation and facts to try and devalue Boeser that’s fine.

Give it a rest. No one is buying the Boeser has suddenly become an "extremely complete" player storyline. We all watched him play, especially in the latest playoffs. He missed even more time with injury this year.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
This virtanen move reminds me of neely coming to Boston. Big tough underachieving winger with oodles of potential and finds his game in beantown and becomes a legend.
Yep. Been saying that awhile now. I think wherever he goes he’ll lose his hometown swagger focus on hockey and put it all together.

‘probably sooner than later if he ends up on Boston.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
This virtanen move reminds me of neely coming to Boston. Big tough underachieving winger with oodles of potential and finds his game in beantown and becomes a legend.
Virtanen reminds you of Neely? Sorry not seeing it. I think he’s like a Ritchie, certainly has some untapped potential but his brain is his limitation. He doesn’t think the game like an elite player... could be strong 20/20 guy though

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
Virtanen big and tough? No not really.

He probably has one of the most lop-sided weight:height ratios in the league.
He's a big boy. There's a reason they call him "Big Tuna".

Not a fighter. Great hitter, but doesn't seem to use it for some reason, which is super annoying. He's heavy and fast and can lay punishing hits, yet when Vancouver faced off against heavy, fast, tough teams, he was damn near invisible (if not healthy scratched).
He's one of the most frustrating talents in the league. It will be even more frustrating watching him play effective hockey for another team.

Last edited:

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Give it a rest. No one is buying the Boeser has suddenly become an "extremely complete" player storyline. We all watched him play, especially in the latest playoffs. He missed even more time with injury this year.
You obviously didn’t watch the playoffs then? Boeser had 11 points in 17 games and was a fantastic all around player even when he didn’t show up on the scoresheet. But I’m done having this conversation with someone who’s clearly either unable to judge talent or didn’t watch him play. Also him being injured is so irrelevant on him being a complete player..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad