Confirmed with Link: Canucks extend GM Patrik Allvin to multi-year deal.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Allvin “Short-term moves will change the long-term plan”

Allvin “Petey understand the needs to sacrifice personal pts for the team pts”

Allvin on plan at TDL “I always talk to Tocchet.”

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I believe Drance said that their contracts would be up after *next* season, and these extensions keep them here until 2028.

Would make sense although it was widely reported that Rutherford's contract was up at the end of this season. So probably a 3 year contract for Rutherford and 4 year contracts for the rest of the team, initially.

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Him mentioning that players hopefully being able to learn that sharing some of their own pieces of the pie (in regards to cap) to be able to build a winning team is nice to hear.

Something tells me that won’t be the case with Pettersson however :/

Would be nice if some of the players due for a big raise can break some of their bread for the bottom 6 guys.

Reactions: Flik

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Johnson still gets hate from some here, but apparently he was leading the charge for signing Dakota Joshua

That's changed pretty significantly over the last few years. The perception has shifted from "this guy's an empty suit" to "huh...maybe there's something here". Now a big part of that was the residual Benning stink. With the turn around of the development program and several signings with routes in the AHL providing good AHL depth, the re-evaluation of Johnson feels quite justified.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Johnson still gets hate from some here, but apparently he was leading the charge for signing Dakota Joshua
That hate was never really justifiable

Him mentioning that players hopefully being able to learn that sharing some of their own pieces of the pie (in regards to cap) to be able to build a winning team is nice to hear.

Something tells me that won’t be the case with Pettersson however :/

Would be nice if some of the players due for a big raise can break some of their bread for the bottom 6 guys.
He meant pts not cap

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco

One thing about this insane pro scouting heater the Canucks are on - pro scouting is basically the one area Allvin and Rutherford left untouched in their hiring spree. It's the exact same group of guys!

Really goes to show how much of the bumblef*** Benning/Weisbrod acquisitions were leadership driven.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
One thing about this insane pro scouting heater the Canucks are on - pro scouting is basically the one area Allvin and Rutherford left untouched in their hiring spree. It's the exact same group of guys!

Really goes to show how much of the bumblef*** Benning/Weisbrod acquisitions were leadership driven.
Meh, Granato was put in charge of scouting

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
giphy.gif

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley

Billy, just a suggestion...

Delete everything from the question mark sign back in those tweets, including the dollar sign, and those tweets will embed properly for you.

For example, for your top tweet, like this but include the HTTP prefix stuff of course:

twitter.com/thomasdrance/status/1752772600928075888

Last edited:

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
Obviously he’s going to get the GM of the year award. I don’t see any other contenders for the award. Pretty impressive for a guy a who only has a year and half of experience as GM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad