Confirmed with Link: Canucks extend GM Patrik Allvin to multi-year deal.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Obviously he’s going to get the GM of the year award. I don’t see any other contenders for the award. Pretty impressive for a guy a who only has a year and half of experience as GM
Dont want to take away credit from Allvin...but one wonders how much input came from the guy who hired him..?

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Billy, just a suggestion...

Delete everything from the dollar sign back in those tweets, including the dollar sign, and those tweets will embed properly for you.

For example, for your top tweet, like this but include the HTTP prefix stuff of course:

twitter.com/thomasdrance/status/1752772600928075888
I tried yoru suggestion with a computuer using the insert link function, still. not working

it used to work smoothly before on this board

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
giphy.gif

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
so? why does that take away from Allvin's work?
I believe that JR/PA work together as a team as far as team direction/ type of players are concerned..This is not the case with many Presidents of NHL teams who are basically figureheads.

Having a mentor for the GM is unique for the Canucks..not taking away from Allvins work, but it is something to consider.

Would Allvin have had the same success without Jim Rutherford being President..?..My answer is no.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: andora

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
For everyone here making positive comments about these new developments regarding management, I like all of your comments, so consider this post in fact a like for all of your comments, both communally and individually. This means nothing other than I am in full agreement and I have nothing else to add. It is a brief token of love, respect and appreciation for my fellow fans.

If you find this to be an odd thing to say, you're right.

thumbnail-063f3bef4f6c3835c8521df5ee1899b9.png

Last edited:

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I tried yoru suggestion with a computuer using the insert link function, still. not working

The issue the "x" part of the domain name. When you are posting a tweet remove the "x" and replace it with "twitter". Works the for both mobile and desktop. There are other fiddly bits but that works, for the most part.

Reactions: rypper and Play

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley

Don't use insert link. Just copy the link from Twitter. Paste it into your post and remove everything from the dollar sign back. I think you can even choose to either remove or leave the dollar sign in. Works both ways.

Thank you, I don’t why HFboard acts like this now

Not working on the phone, might need a computer
I f***ed up. I meant question mark sign, not the dollar sign. Major mistake on my part. Sorry.

Billy Kvcmu - I edited my above post. I messed up and feel like an idiot. :laugh:

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Anyways, sorry again, Billy Kvcmu.

On topic - I think we currently have the best not just one-two punch in the league, but the best one-two-three punch in the league, and I can see it outperforming any coaching-management group in Canucks' history.

Rutherford
Allvin
Tocchet

They are all performing their duties to a level that I don't think we've ever seen here before. We've had them singularly, maybe as a tandem, but all three? I don't think so. With the caveat of course that there hasn't always been a director of hockey operations.

Reactions: Billy Kvcmu

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
i'm sorry, the onus is on me to disprove your completely unsupported statement that other NHL team Presidents are mere figureheads and don't do anything? get bent. seriously.
Lol...You're deflecting..Did you even bother to look at the list of NHL team Presidents.?..I didnt think so...90% have no GM experience..and many have no ties to hockey whatsoever.

Were you blocking your ears when JR spelt out (before he even hired PA) what direction he was going to take with the Canucks (retool..no rebuild..faster ,bigger bottom 6)..The architect of this team is Rutherford...Not all presidents are created equally.

funny-cleaning-ears.gif

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
I believe that JR/PA work together as a team as far as team direction/ type of players are concerned..This is not the case with many Presidents of NHL teams who are basically figureheads.

Having a mentor for the GM is unique for the Canucks..not taking away from Allvins work, but it is something to consider.

If I remember right JR said on after hours that will make decisions together, but Allvin has autonomy on the rest. JR probably just sets direction( which rest of management/coaching seem to be aligned with) and has final decision on big signings/trades/hiring/firing. This organization seems well run, aligned, and it looks like people are allowed to do their jobs without being micromanaged. I'm sure Allvin talks to JR about his thoughts on moves/players but isn't directing which players to go after.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
If I remember right JR said on after hours that will make decisions together, but Allvin has autonomy on the rest. JR probably just sets direction( which rest of management/coaching seem to be aligned with) and has final decision on big signings/trades/hiring/firing. This organization seems well run, aligned, and it looks like people are allowed to do their jobs without being micromanaged. I'm sure Allvin talks to JR about his thoughts on moves/players but isn't directing which players to go after.
Fair comment.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
It didn't take long but Allvin and Co changed the entire outlook of the organisation in just a year and a half years of work. The future was bleak, the stars looked washed, but ever since Allvin came to town with his Midas touch, everything changed for the better. Love the fact that Allvin and Rutherford have goals and objectives, by the looks of it and the results were seeing. It's working. Also love how Allvin doesn't get attached to a player when they aren't working out, Dickenson and Stillman. The prospect cupboard is no longer bare and the Canucks are currently in first place. The future is bright once again with Allvin. Very happy he is resigned.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
What a change......Rutherford and Allvin get three-year extensions, and Canuck fans including those on these boards are all cheering.

But more importantly it means another three years of 'Francesco-free' hockey operations. For fans who bleed blue and green, it doesn't get much better than that.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
It's wild... the team he's managed to put together even with the 20 million dollars of OEL's salary retained over the upcoming seasons, and the 6 million a season going to Meyers. It's remarkable, really. The whole team is playing above expected, with the exception of Mikheyev and Kuzmenko, and even the both of them feel like they aren't far off from turning things around if either one got some good bounces and went on a lucky streak. That's pretty astonishing. Usually you have 3 or 4 guys having a career year any given season, not a whole roster, and things like that only happen when someone has given a LOT of thought to team chemistry and proper construction of a roster. Allvin has done masterful work, here.

Reactions: petka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad