Confirmed with Link: Canucks extend GM Patrik Allvin to multi-year deal.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
The issue the "x" part of the domain name. When you are posting a tweet remove the "x" and replace it with "twitter". Works the for both mobile and desktop. There are other fiddly bits but that works, for the most part.
Lmao, ty

Don't use insert link. Just copy the link from Twitter. Paste it into your post and remove everything from the dollar sign back. I think you can even choose to either remove or leave the dollar sign in. Works both ways.

I f***ed up. I meant question mark sign, not the dollar sign. Major mistake on my part. Sorry.

Billy Kvcmu - I edited my above post. I messed up and feel like an idiot. :laugh:
Thank you

Reactions: Play

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
No it is just one of my favourite movies. Youre also one of my favourites though.

michael-scott-crying.gif

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
No , its not ..,its a lazy rebuttal by you.

How many of these Presidents were former cup winning GM's..?...Many of these current Presidents are related to the owners of the team, some are sports executives..Some are former star players.

Say some worth rebutting - dont deflect cause you dont like that

Which presidents twirl on their thumbs and fake work? What do they do?

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Dude celebrates his contract extension by making a significant deal in a trade market other teams are finding it hard to make deals in. Nice work.
this could be the biggest trade of the year looking at what's out there in the rental market....

could only be trumped by Guentzel or a Hagel like contract.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Dude celebrates his contract extension by making a significant deal in a trade market other teams are finding it hard to make deals in. Nice work.

I can see why people say this trade has Commando Dimbo vibe to it, but I think when examined closely it is a much much MUCH smarter trade than anything Dimbo's ever done.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I believe that JR/PA work together as a team as far as team direction/ type of players are concerned..This is not the case with many Presidents of NHL teams who are basically figureheads.

Having a mentor for the GM is unique for the Canucks..not taking away from Allvins work, but it is something to consider.

Would Allvin have had the same success without Jim Rutherford being President..?..My answer is no.

There is a difference between president and president of hockey operations....

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Do we have a pulse on who's behind most of the decisions here? Is it Allvin? Rutherford? Or a combination of both?

I've mostly just been operating under the assumption that they're working in tandem, 50/50.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Do we have a pulse on who's behind most of the decisions here? Is it Allvin? Rutherford? Or a combination of both?

I've mostly just been operating under the assumption that they're working in tandem, 50/50.

This is one of my posts from earlier in the thread:

If I remember right JR said on after hours that will make decisions together, but Allvin has autonomy on the rest. JR probably just sets direction( which rest of management/coaching seem to be aligned with) and has final decision on big signings/trades/hiring/firing. This organization seems well run, aligned, and it looks like people are allowed to do their jobs without being micromanaged. I'm sure Allvin talks to JR about his thoughts on moves/players but isn't directing which players to go after.

My guess is JRs main job is being the bridge between management and ownership now that the front office and coaching staff is set, and has final say on big decisions. It was last year when JR said this though, and will probably have more autonomy as time goes on.

Reactions: SillyRabbit

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Say some worth rebutting - dont deflect cause you dont like that

Which presidents twirl on their thumbs and fake work? What do they do?
Who said Presidents do nothing.?

I’ll tell you what most of them don’t do..mentor their GM’s, which is what Allvin credited JR with at his press conference the other day.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
My guess is JRs main job is being the bridge between management and ownership
This is my assumption as well. He's probably the "bad cop" telling Aquilini to STFU and just sign the cheques and let his people do their jobs. I feel like Benning never had that kind of power and influence to say no to Aquilini which is why there was so many accusations about meddling ownership during that area. I don't see Allvin being particularly suited to a battle of wills with ownership either (I may be wrong in that assessment however) so JR serving that role makes a lot of sense allowing Allvin to just focus on improving the team.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Who said Presidents do nothing.?

I’ll tell you what most of them don’t do..mentor their GM’s, which is what Allvin credited JR with at his press conference the other day.
You called some of them figureheads. I always kind of group to figure heads into fancy title but doesn't do much do you have a different definition

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
It makes me happy to genuinely be excited with our management group for the first time in nearly a decade. Admittedly, I was on the fence when Allvin and Rutherford first walked in given all the controversy regarding Bruce but since dealing Horvat, they've knocked it out of the park.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
You called some of them figureheads. I always kind of group to figure heads into fancy title but doesn't do much do you have a different definition
Well…when it’s the owners wife or son who’s the President ..How did they get the gig?

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Sure..you don’t think nepotism exists in Presidential roles in pro sports..?

Okey dokey.
lol you're talking to yourself in the mirror at this point.

you aren't answering questions but rather deflecting, changing the topic, running in your own direction. you've seriously had a conversation to yourself to get from what i asked to you discussing nepotism

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016

you aren't answering questions but rather deflecting, changing the topic, running in your own direction. you've seriously had a conversation to yourself to get from what i asked to you discussing nepotism
Isn’t that the poster who spent years on here vehemently defending and supporting Benning in every disagreement?

Reactions: Zombotron and jd22

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

I honestly have no idea what you're yammering on about...?..Whats your point..?

My point was that Allvin has done great job (congrats on his extension)..but would it have been possible without JR...?......no, it wouldn't...JR is the architect of the resurgence of the Canucks, and the mentor to PA...

As a POHO, who is a HHOF , multiple Cup winning GM..we have a unique situation..The only other comparable would be Lou Lammiarello in NY.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad