Post-Game Talk: Canucks @ Devils | OT loss. No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
i mean if every time i skated past someone i clothslined them that would also have a very positive effect on how i get to play hockey and my possession because people would be more hesitant to defend against me

you're interjecting half way through a conversation where my point doesn't really have anything to do with this paragraph here. im explaining that taking the discussed hit out of the game via penalties and rules is not the same this as adapting women's hockey rules

Clothes lining someone is against the rules...playing the body isn't.

It isn't far off though...you'll be turning a full contact sport into one that just bumps. If you like that, then no problem...I prefer hitting.

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
1st pp

Henrik vrbata baertschi bartkowski weber

2pp

Horvat daniel mccann hutton hansen

There iam smarter than willie desjardins

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
And this why Lou Lam was right about not letting players get on twitter.

Virtanen choose to fight.

Virtanen has about 35 pounds on farnham the farmhand.

Virtanen wants to be a tough guy.

Last but not least. I doubt farnham checks his twitter during games. Save the trash talk for a game you are playing in against him.

Problem is that Farnham was celebrating like he just won a fight vs Chara in game 7 of the stanley cup finals.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
So is cheering and celebrating like you won a cup after you beat up a teenager.

Who cares how old Virtanen is? And I think you are exaggerating how much he was "celebrating". The guy is trying to pump up his team and the fans... We used to have a guy who did that and people loved it.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Who cares how old Virtanen is? And I think you are exaggerating how much he was "celebrating". The guy is trying to pump up his team and the fans... We used to have a guy who did that and people loved it.

The part where he was chirping Virtanen after Virts hurt his hand is the part that I had a problem with.

Sure you went around the rink and celebrated like you just turned 19 but then you go out and basically chirp a teenager you just beat up for hurting his hand.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
The part where he was chirping Virtanen after Virts hurt his hand is the part that I had a problem with.

Sure you went around the rink and celebrated like you just turned 19 but then you go out and basically chirp a teenager you just beat up for hurting his hand.

You must have had better seats than I because I never saw any of that.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012

Basically threw his hands up then went to the box chirping Virtanen for hurting his hand. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Do you know how hard it is to get a crowd of 50 people going? Can't blame em for trying

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
So is cheering and celebrating like you won a cup after you beat up a teenager.

A teenager that not only is playing in the NHL, but also plays on the line with his physical play. I don't think that other teams need to coddle our young players.

He's 19, not 14

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
I'm not going to go back and make a clip of it because I'm too lazy but he was definitely sitting in the box chirping virtanen after virtanen turned around and went to the dressing room for his hand.

I saw him chirping someone, it never showed who...at least not on the TV I was watching....but even so, I'd be willing to bet that Virtanen wouldnt be too shy to be chirping Farnham back.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
A teenager that not only is playing in the NHL, but also plays on the line with his physical play. I don't think that other teams need to coddle our young players.

He's 19, not 14

Virtanen had 1 hit that game.

It's not Virtanen is beating up the Devils out there.

I think it's fine to have a fight with Virtanen for being physical. I do not think it's okay to go and try to pretend like you are tough **** for beating up a teenager.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

Basically threw his hands up then went to the box chirping Virtanen for hurting his hand. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

That's Farnham's calling card.

Only way he is going to make it in the NHL is a Rinaldo style player. So far he has managed to play a pretty clean game, hopefully it stays that way, but the guy is a psycho.

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
26 vs 19

Sorry dont care how u cut that guy is a wuss.

I said to my gf. Thats like a 6th grader fighting a 18 yr old lmfao.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
That's Farnham's calling card.

Only way he is going to make it in the NHL is a Rinaldo style player. So far he has managed to play a pretty clean game, hopefully it stays that way, but the guy is a psycho.

I'd have no problem if he did that to a player like Dorsett.

But to a guy who has never fought a man before (coming straight out of junior) to basically celebrate and then chirp him after you won the fight handily I do have a problem with. I feel completely justified in disliking the guy because of the way he treated Virtanen after the fight. Kids a teenager. No need to throw the arms up and talk **** to him after beating him up.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
I think some of you are probably angrier than Jake is about this. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad