Post-Game Talk: Canucks @ Devils | OT loss. No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010

"i have no sympathy for millionaires getting concussed" is a really strong and pretty disturbing statement. i dont think you mean those literal words because i'd think less of you if you did

My biggest pet peeve is people who plainly think we should move to women's rules but don't have the balls to actually say it. Don't claim to love hitting and then cry whenever someone gets hurt on a clean check.

i dont love hitting, but you're describing it as if there's no middle ground between no hitting and being happy with the hit people are complaining about, and thats not true

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Just finished recording of game, what a stinker

All my thoughts have been summed up in this thread already, that powerplay is just disgusting. Farnham is a dud

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
So people want another 5 points out of horvat which would put him at 10 in 15 and then over 50 in 82.

All while being rotated with a different set of linemates evrry game. And facing the toughest competion.

Sorry coach that is 7/45 on the pp is to blame.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
13 more offensive zone draws on the season? Less than 1 faceoff a game?

I think you're putting too much stock in the 44% to 50%. Don't think it skews the numbers much at all...

Just don't see Horvat creating much at all. Defensively, he's had issues as well. Agree to disagree here. Haven't liked his start to this season.

It adds up.

Sutter has started a almost a full game in the offensive zone more than Horvat.

And Horvat is creating a lot. Just because you aren't seeing it doesn't mean it's not there. Stats don't lie.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
"i have no sympathy for millionaires getting concussed" is a really strong and pretty disturbing statement. i dont think you mean those literal words because i'd think less of you if you did

i dont love hitting, but you're describing it as if there's no middle ground between no hitting and being happy with the hit people are complaining about, and thats not true

Well what's the middle ground? That hit was fine. Should Larsson have played the puck and had McCann right on his tail with speed rather than play the man like every single hockey player is taught?

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Well what's the middle ground? That hit was fine. Should Larsson have played the puck and had McCann right on his tail with speed rather than play the man like every single hockey player is taught?

i guess maybe he should go for the puck because that thing is important to goal scoring and whatnot, no? i mean, im no expert, but iirc you cant just hit people because you feel like it

if a coach is teaching "hit the guy and ignore the puck, we live in a just world and thus it will find its own just path" you should probably ignore that guy

note that im not even really outraged about the hit. seems like a hit that lies somewhere between borderline and acceptable depending on various factors, becoming the former because interference is a penalty

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
i mean look i'll be honest, i dont really play hockey, but i was always of the impression that having the puck on your stick is a good thing and you should try to do that, and occasionally try to prevent the other team from having the puck. i would like to use the word "possession" to convey this and i hope its not too confusing. so possession, ostensibly, is a good thing, and that hit had nothing really to do with the concept of possession

edit: of the puck.. not of the ghost

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
he was alright, i guess. at best i would say "not a terrible contract", but seeing as hes definitely not staying here, is a million years old and is taking up a spot that should go to gaunce or another kid, he can **** right off

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
i guess maybe he should go for the puck because that thing is important to goal scoring and whatnot, no? i mean, im no expert, but iirc you cant just hit people because you feel like it

if a coach is teaching "hit the guy and ignore the puck, we live in a just world and thus it will find its own just path" you should probably ignore that guy

note that im not even really outraged about the hit. seems like a hit that lies somewhere between borderline and acceptable depending on various factors, becoming the former because interference is a penalty

He's separating the man from the puck, if he simply tries to go in and take the puck from him he risks being checked by McCann from behind by his own net or by Daniel I think it was who was just above him at the bottom of the circle. It's not hitting the guy and ignoring the puck it's playing Defens

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

Continue.

And this why Lou Lam was right about not letting players get on twitter.

Virtanen choose to fight.

Virtanen has about 35 pounds on farnham the farmhand.

Virtanen wants to be a tough guy.

Last but not least. I doubt farnham checks his twitter during games. Save the trash talk for a game you are playing in against him.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
no, he's separating both players from the puck. the pucks gone. by the time he finishes the hit, the puck might as well be in hoboken

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
i mean look i'll be honest, i dont really play hockey, but i was always of the impression that having the puck on your stick is a good thing and you should try to do that, and occasionally try to prevent the other team from having the puck. i would like to use the word "possession" to convey this and i hope its not too confusing. so possession, ostensibly, is a good thing, and that hit had nothing really to do with the concept of possession

edit: of the puck.. not of the ghost

They teach you to separate the man from the puck...if you have possession of the puck, or have just given up the puck (around a second afterward), you are fair game to be hit...and you are also taught not to admire passes, and to expect to be hit in order to make a play on occasion.

The hit may not have had any impact on possession in that instance, but taking the body on a play like that also plays a possible part in the next time he has possession. If he knows he's going to get hit he may rush a pass or bail on a play for fear of getting hit again.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
i mean if every time i skated past someone i clothslined them that would also have a very positive effect on how i get to play hockey and my possession because people would be more hesitant to defend against me

They teach you to separate the man from the puck...if you have possession of the puck, or have just given up the puck (around a second afterward), you are fair game to be hit...and you are also taught not to admire passes, and to expect to be hit in order to make a play on occasion.

you're interjecting half way through a conversation where my point doesn't really have anything to do with this paragraph here. im explaining that taking the discussed hit out of the game via penalties and rules is not the same this as adapting women's hockey rules

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I'm not too surprised, the team was due for a slump after Miller's hot start. Tanev being out is a huge blow to the defense, Edler isn't a top pairing dman without him from what I've seen over the past few seasons.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Uh, I don't think those guys getting traded is as certain as you think. I don't know if Benning and Linden are that forward thinking. I'd put more money on the team riding all those guys until the bitter end in a chase for a playoff reven...err...spot.

I would agree on JB and TL. They aren't going to deal those players unless they are firmly out of the playoffs. If they are within 5 points by the deadline, I think they will hang on to them and think they can make it. That's why losing these 2 games doesn't bother me. Sad that the Nucks front office or ownership is in denial about the quality of this team.

Clear that the twins together on the PP won't work anymore. Vrbata is a shooter. He's not going to battle in front of the net. So, Daniel jumping on a point shot isn't working. They need a net front guy if Vrbata is going to hang around the face-off circle or come in tight for a behind the net pass. Better to have 2 units where a Sedin is dealing the puck from the right side wall or behind the net to a couple of forwards who are willing and able to shoot the puck.

At some point, the Ducks will get their act together and make a run to get them back firmly into the playoffs. I mean, as poor as the Ducks have been, they are now 2 points behind the Sharks for 3rd in the Pacific.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
no, he's separating both players from the puck. the pucks gone. by the time he finishes the hit, the puck might as well be in hoboken

Uh what? The pucks literally a few feet from them, if he just turns and grabs the puck without hitting McCann then McCanns right on his tail and Daniels coming over to hit him in the corner

I don't know what your trying to argue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad