Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Oilers - 6-1 (Rafferty, Beagle, Baertschi, Jasek, Horvat, Gaudette)

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
lmao, John and John are blind. It was clearly Miller taking the faceoff.

Miller is a versatile player, also really good on faceoffs.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
I guess the Oilers won’t be pushovers this year. Looks like they are playing with a structured system.

calnuck

Nov 26, 2010
CA
Thought I was in another dimension when Shorthouse said Naslund :laugh:

On a serious note though, can the Canucks start looking at new commentators? John and John are really starting to lose it.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Thought I was in another dimension when Shorthouse said Naslund :laugh:

On a serious note though, can the Canucks start looking at new commentators? John and John are really starting to lose it.
I know they are colour commentators but I really don’t like their bias toward the Canucks

calnuck

Nov 26, 2010
CA
I know they are colour commentators but I really don’t like their bias toward the Canucks
I don't notice it as bad with Shorthouse as with Garrett.
I could live with homerism if they didn't have to correct themselves every other play and their constant side conversations about nothing related to the game

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Gaudette needs to step it up quick or he has no chance

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Gaudette needs to step it up quick or he has no chance

He's been fine and I think he will do well in a reduced role. Canucks are trying to trade players and I assume its to make room for players like Gaudette.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I honestly don't know if Baertschi fits on our roster at all.

He’s a fringy fungible 2nd line type who was just a placeholder until we found guys who were better ... that we for some reason gave money and term to and now, once we have upgraded, we’re kinda stuck with and who doesn’t fit anywhere.

_________

Rafferty is doing some things to make plays but gave the goal he scored back with an awful turnover pretty much immediately. He and Fantenberg did not look good in their own zone.

Keegan Lowe might be the only defender in pro hockey that can make Tim Schaller look fast.

Reactions: timw33

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
did beagle just tank the play to avoid sending in loui alone? trailer is not the safe move on the pk.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Jeez.....we had 4 minutes to score a shorthanded goal (0r two). I'm a little disappointed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad