Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Leafs - 3-2 (Miller, Boeser, Lammikko)

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
Sounds a little salty...I don't think we should apologize for having an outstanding goalie..(they dont apologize for having Matthews) ...If the Canucks did squeak into the playoffs, a goalie like Demko gives you an opportunity to win a round...Mrazek/Campbell gives the Leafs a good chance of being dispatched in the first round....Its an absolute game changing position..not easily quantifiable.

In saying that..having your goalie face 50 shots, or literally having to bail out your team in most games is a poor idea...There's plenty of room for the Canucks to improve in that department.

Leafs were 100% healthy..We were missing QH,,A lot of our transition game, and PP goes through him...The game tonight might have looked a bit different if he had participated.

Listen let' just forget about playoffs..........seriously it would be much better for us to start losing. Nice win here but we really gotta sell and re-tool a bit - not try to squeak into the playoffs.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Listen let' just forget about playoffs..........seriously it would be much better for us to start losing. Nice win here but we really gotta sell and re-tool a bit - not try to squeak into the playoffs.

It really does not take a whole lot of hockey expertise to recognize that our team has way too many problems to be anywhere near even pretending to contend for the cup.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Its not up to me..Does not sound like any retooling is happening until they're completely out...

“I give these players a lot of credit to work their way back in the race. And I know it's against the odds that we make the playoffs, but it's still possible,” said Rutherford.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
The Leafs peppered Markstrom with 48 shots on Thursday, so it’s not just us looking bad against them, they’re an extremely potent offensive team but they were up against our top five goalie in the league. Snatcher Demko!

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
No point in looking back - at least we have some decent pieces. Miller is a great trade chip - if we can get a top 4 d and a top 6 forward out of that deal we looking ok.

There's a lot riding on this upcoming TDL. To be honest with you at this point I'm a little reluctant to deal Miller, dude is a one man army...

But of course if the right price comes, we should definitely consider it.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
There was no possible scenario where we were going to blow it up. This team has too many good pieces for that to be a viable solution
I appreciate what you’re saying but I’m getting tired of Boeser-Horvat-Myers. I feel like trading Miller is inevitable and would like to do it by the deadline if that’s the case.

I think we can get relatively good offers for Burroughs-Hunt-Motte and if that’s the case we should consider dealing them.

I’d prefer to hold onto Garland- he plays above his size but if a team wows us with something to help our weak center ice and top 4 I’d be all for it.

not all of these trades need to be for picks they can be genuine hockey trades or cap clearing trades or whatever. Time to move on from some of these guys.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Rats. Missed this one, sounds like was a good one, thought this one was in Vancity, o well thats on me I guess

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
We seem very weak physically in terms endurance. Can't match up to elite teams energy. All games against elite teams is comparable to the Vegas playoff series we played.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
How is he doing this year? Could he have helped the Nuck's blueline on a bottom pair? Please answer without bringing up who brought him here.

Can't comment for sure, but the HNIC guys seem to love him. He and Tanev are apparently key parts of their D, and oddly, transition.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00