Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Leafs - 3-2 (Miller, Boeser, Lammikko)

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
If this is how we play without one player, Hughes, his 7.85 is the bargain of bargains.

But to beat one of the top teams in the league, it's never going to be pretty. It still does feel good it does.

Reactions: mriswith

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Sat just said they won’t blow this up. If they don’t they’ve lost me already. I don’t care about this years playoff race

Reactions: calnuck

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
There was no possible scenario where we were going to blow it up. This team has too many good pieces for that to be a viable solution
Agreed! We ain’t blowing this thing up. We may shake a few things up and trade some players but there’s no way the core is getting torn to smitherines.

Reactions: calnuck

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
This team has 3-5 good pieces.

that’s not good enough.

Tell me where your going to find a Franchise goalie and a #1 D. Teams literally wait Decades to try and draft and develope those two pieces alone and fail miserably. If you blow it up you are looking at 5-6 years to even get a snif at the playoff and by then Petey, Hughes and Demko will be long gone.

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Highway robbery by Demko, who was blitzed with 50-plus shots. A win is a win, but realistically Canucks were the second best team on the ice tonight.

Thing I continue to notice is just how weak this Canuck team is along the wall. They simply can't win most one-on-one board battles, and the endless cycle in their zone begins anew. This is beginning to look a lot like the version of the Canucks in the final days of Green's tenure behind the bench.

But Rutherford knows what he's doing. Everybody talks about the blueline, but the reality is the Canucks need to desperately improve up front. They need forwards who are bigger, faster and more physical. Certainly guys like Garland, Hoglander, Motte, Highmore and Pearson try out there. But they're giving away five inches and 25 pounds every time along the wall.

Canucks need to go basically 24-10 the rest of the way to hit the 96 point mark. Not likely going to happen. So bring on the trade deadline.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
There was no possible scenario where we were going to blow it up. This team has too many good pieces for that to be a viable solution
I mean they are going to trade away Dick, Pearson, Hamonic, Poolman, if they succeed, no one is going to call that blowing up the roster.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Tell me where your going to find a Franchise goalie and a #1 D. Teams literally wait Decades to try and draft and develope those two pieces alone and fail miserably. If you blow it up you are looking at 5-6 years to even get a snif at the playoff and by then Petey, Hughes and Demkos will be long gone.
Someone gets it

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Tell me where your going to find a Franchise goalie and a #1 D. Teams literally wait Decades to try and draft and develope those two pieces alone and fail miserably. If you blow it up you are looking at 5-6 years to even get a snif at the playoff and by then Petey, Hughes and Demkos will be long gone.
Demko and Hughes are the only absolutes.

The rest can change.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Sat just said they won’t blow this up. If they don’t they’ve lost me already. I don’t care about this years playoff race

He said they will make trades, not sure what the definition of a blow up is. Supposedly horvat, demko, pettersson, and hughes are not going.

But sat mentioned miller might not want to stay, tons of rumors about boeser, and everything else is on the table.

Not a blow up, but could be quite a few changes, I just dont know what kind of blow up you are looking for? Like total rebuild of everything again?

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
I turned on the Minnesota and Carolina game, both teams have leaky goaltending leading to a high scoring game. That stuff matters in a 7 game series, hell Montreal just made the SC final with Carey Price.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
He said they will make trades, not sure what the definition of a blow up is. Supposedly horvat, demko, pettersson, and hughes are not going.

But sat mentioned miller might not want to stay, tons of rumors about boeser, and everything else is on the table.

Not a blow up, but could be quite a few changes, I just dont know what kind of blow up you are looking for? Like total rebuild of everything again?

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Beating the Leafs while also showing you didn't deserve to be on the ice with them is quite the accomplishment.
Sounds a little salty...I don't think we should apologize for having an outstanding goalie..(they dont apologize for having Matthews) ...If the Canucks did squeak into the playoffs, a goalie like Demko gives you an opportunity to win a round...Mrazek/Campbell gives the Leafs a good chance of being dispatched in the first round....Its an absolute game changing position..not easily quantifiable.

In saying that..having your goalie face 50 shots, or literally having to bail out your team in most games is a poor idea...There's plenty of room for the Canucks to improve in that department.

Leafs were 100% healthy..We were missing QH,,A lot of our transition game, and PP goes through him...The game tonight might have looked a bit different if he had participated.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad