Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Leafs - 3-2 (Miller, Boeser, Lammikko)

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Even if we're outplayed in the process, I just love that our Canuck teams, for better or worse, have been sticking it to the Leafs teams on our ice in recent years.

I really enjoy seeing our Canuck players stick it to the "fans" who cheer for the other guys to score. I love that these fans shell out dough to see our Canuck players keep doing it to their team. Love it, and keep doing it.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Leafs post game thread is GOLD :yo:

Trash organization we are :yo:

And we still beat the Leafs so whats that say about them :biglaugh:

Man I love this team :yo:

Things I learned from reading a few pages of the Leafs post game:

The refs were bad. They love the Canucks, and hate the Leafs, and deliberately tilted the ice in Vancouver's favor.

Demko got lucky.

The league is stacking games against the Leafs. Both here and their last game were fixed, somehow.

The first goal was goaltender interference, outside of the crease, after Mrazek dove out of the crease, and even his coach didn't challenge it. Although Keefe claims this conspiracy as to why he didn't challenge, according to @dalter.

Demko's posts were the difference.

Mrazek out played Demko. Seriously. Seriously. They were called out by their own fanbase, but jeez.

The Leafs are first class, and the Canucks franchise are trash (despite tonight, and the last 52 years).

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Things I learned from reading a few pages of the Leafs post game:

The refs were bad. They love the Canucks, and hate the Leafs, and deliberately tilted the ice in Vancouver's favor.

Demko got lucky.

The league is stacking games against the Leafs. Both here and their last game were fixed, somehow.

The first goal was goaltender interference, outside of the crease, after Mrazek dove out of the crease, and even his coach didn't challenge it. Although Keefe claims this conspiracy as to why he didn't challenge, according to @dalter.

Demko's posts were the difference.

Mrazek out played Demko. Seriously. Seriously. They were called out by their own fanbase, but jeez.

The Leafs are first class, and the Canucks franchise are trash (despite tonight, and the last 52 years).

Hey man i think you should calm down and go watch a compilation of Leafs 2nd round plus playoff games from the last 18 years. I think theres a youtube video chronicling it. They have a lot to be proud of over there.

In expected goals they are back to back Stanley cup champions, dont you know!

Reactions: bh53 and Cogburn

likash

Apr 17, 2019
Toronto fans are salty as hell. :D

leafs, W and Demko:

5e6.gif

Last edited:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Also - good for Lammikko to get the GWG and that belt after the game. He’s had a quietly underrated season for us. Hard working player who’s filled his role admirably.

Half-season.

He stunk under Green (and was a healthy scratch the last 5 games before Green was fired) but has had probably the biggest bounce of any player on the roster under Boudreau.

Reactions: Vector and bh53

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If the Leafs had Demko, they'd be a legit Stanley Cup threat.....but with their goaltending, they're just 'pretenders'.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Ice was slanted no doubt, but missing our best player, Hamonic playing his first game in forever and looked like it, and we led like 50 minutes of the game.

Demko went full bubble.

No descriptions in the box score. A huge 2 points. The longer we can scratch and claw and keep ourselves in the race, at least mathematically, the better it is for our group. They get nothing playing meaningless games for the last month of the season; Hughes, Demko, et al playing meaningful games at the end of the season is more important than a few draft spots in the middle of the round imo.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Canucks 'won the week' with a threadbare D....Without Hughes, the D looked very static, so hats off to Hunt,Juulsen and Burroughs.

Now that Hamonic is back, it creates a lot more options for the coach..It takes the pressure off the rest of the D, as Hamonic can log hard minutes.

OEL..Myers
Hughes...Schenn
Burroughs...Hamonic.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Deluded Canucks fans cheering right now. That was embarrassing for them.

This was a beauty I came across. We are so embarrassed winning...

That win felt good though. We were dominated 5on5.
We were dominated 5 on 5...Too bad the Leafs couldn't score against us 5 on 5.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Deluded Canucks fans cheering right now. That was embarrassing for them.

This was a beauty I came across. We are so embarrassed winning...

That win felt good though. We were dominated 5on5.

I mean, our fans are probably deluded in cheering for that win in a tiny vacuum.

Leaf fans are permanently deluded in cheering for one of the most embarrassing loser franchises in pro sports whose most newsworthy accomplishment in the last 50 years was enabling an in-house pedophile ring.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
We could pull an Arizona, burn the roster to the ground and blatantly tank for Bedard, and I'd still be cheering for wins against the leafs.

Shots could have been 50-1 against us and as long as we won I'd still cheer after the win. Some franchises you love to see lose and context just doesn't matter.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks 'won the week' with a threadbare D....Without Hughes, the D looked very static, so hats off to Hunt,Juulsen and Burroughs.

Now that Hamonic is back, it creates a lot more options for the coach..It takes the pressure off the rest of the D, as Hamonic can log hard minutes.

OEL..Myers
Hughes...Schenn
Burroughs...Hamonic.
Craig Button of TSN on the Canuck defense--"the worst in the National Hockey League". Seems a trifle harsh but on the other hand, after watching last night's excruciating 60-minutes, it's hard to argue with him.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Trash as 90s logo and colour scheme. Just a f***ing shitty skate that represents absolutely nothing about the city or province. f*** off with your nostalgia bullshit.

Reactions: theoriginalBCF

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Craig Button of TSN on the Canuck defense--"the worst in the National Hockey League". Seems a trifle harsh but on the other hand, after watching last night's excruciating 60-minutes, it's hard to argue with him.
Did he say that before,or after BB became the coach?

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
This place is so entertaining whenever we play the Leafs. The saltiness of Canuck fans towards them and (especially) their fans amuses me, especially when their fans outnumber ours in our own building. The number of posters who seem peeved that we won (ruining a perfectly good tank) are also fun. The ones who want to trade everyone baffle me though; they hate on just about every player on the team bar Demko and Hughes. These poor people will never be happy...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad