Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Leafs - 3-2 (Miller, Boeser, Lammikko)

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Can anybody confirm that Travis Green isn’t coaching tonight?

This is his MO on a good win
Outshot to the bejesus

I get what you are saying, but with green this would be outshot with a loss, and him saying we did some good things, thats a good team over there.

However was way to much passive collapsing again though, but as someone said our roster is terribly constructed, to slow, and the defense is very bad especially without hughes. At times miller and boeser body language defensively is just terrible.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Great stuff once again by Team MVP Thatcher
7725A585-3C62-4E4C-AF1A-6F91D2B4DFC1.gif

Enjoy seeing the Leafs heavy media
7402D667-536A-4CA0-BBBC-4ECE1FCFDFE5.gif

Good to see the big guns get in on scoring
ABEAA05F-DBB0-4763-B6E6-14ED31A9E27F.gif

Along with great passing
1CB27C42-633E-4AD1-96FE-B43DDC11F0B2.gif

So the tank waits another game
4EBB99CF-E0A1-426F-8B83-82CA26FD03E5.gif

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
mkay so you take off Boeser for Motte which makes sense

So why is Bo still out there lol

I don't understand this team... it's 5-on-5 so they just all collapse and let the Leafs do whatever?

It’s weird, because they were defending much better before the power play, pressuring at the Leafs blueline and causing turnovers

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Jim’s number one job in the off season has to be to fix the terrible PK. They need to be at least middle of the pack. It’s the one area that would massively improve the teams playoff odds.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I get what you are saying, but with green this would be outshot with a loss, and him saying we did some good things, thats a good team over there.

However was way to much passive collapsing again though, but as someone said our roster is terribly constructed, to slow, and the defense is very bad especially without hughes. At times miller and boeser body language defensively is just terrible.

I think the bigger picture is how we played and the games in hand that Winnipeg and Edmonton have on us, we aren't catching Calgary and a playoff spot is most likely out of reach.

Even if we make the playoffs the result might be like the last 2 times were poor play was overshadowed by the " we made it in anything could happen attitude".

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
In fairness, our defense has a gaping abyss of a hole on it without Hughes. Light years our best defender and arguably our best skater not named Demko.

But man. That was a “bubble” performance from Demko tonight.
Yeah, it wasn’t close but the boys hung in there character win!!

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
I think it's great that all those Leaf fan paid $$$ for this game. and had to watch their team get stonewalled by Demko and one of the crappiest defensive six in the league. Feeling really poorly for Hoglander and his inability to finish. Hopefully just a sophomore slump and he'll regain his confidence and form next season.

There's a huge need to let go of some of the "better" players in order to give this team a chance at doing something down the road. This is one poorly constructed team.

Reactions: SixtyFour

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad