Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Kraken - 5-2 (Dries, Miller, Ekman-Larsson, Schenn, Hughes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Nice to see the Boys putting on a show for the Home crowd.
View attachment 536279

Even when a Team is eliminated I always cheer for the Host Team to compete & win for the paying fans in attendance.

View attachment 536280
5B2D5E39-8BD8-433F-867C-6B907B142494.gif

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Those Guys gave us a little Hope and cheer through the miserable winter and rainy spring so there’s that.

Here’s to the playoffs next years, Lads

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Huggy for 70 and JT for 100 is all that's left to cheer for. 2 guys that carried the team all year, while others needed different linemates, coaches, brass or ice time, they just got it done regardless.

Godkolzin

Oct 19, 2021
Interesting season anyways. After the first 30 I wouldn't have guessed we'd still have playoff hopes at game 75.

I hope Ruths can figure out how to swap Boeser for a decent defenceman, and maybe drop one of the other overpaid passengers in the offseason. Real shame they let Dim Jim ruin the future as well as the last 8 years. What a worthless GM

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Huggy for 70 and JT for 100 is all that's left to cheer for. 2 guys that carried the team all year, while others needed different linemates, coaches, brass or ice time, they just got it done regardless.

Would be really cool to see Miller hit the century mark. Just three points away. And with the way Hughes has been playing of late, 70 doesn’t seem out of the realm of possibility.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I can’t recall the specific numbers, but OEL was scoring at a 40+ point pace in the second half of the season after a very slow start offensively.

EDIT: If he manages to get 1 more point, he will join Hughes and Edler as the only Canuck defenders to record more than 30 points in a season since 2015, if I’m recalling that nugget right.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
How do you not keep Luke Schenn
Why would we not keep Luke. He's signed to another year and at less than 1 mil. He's proven he can play 5 on 5 minutes with Hughes. Even if we trade for another top 4 RSD then Luke would work with Dermott or Rathbone.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I can’t recall the specific numbers, but OEL was scoring at a 40+ point pace in the second half of the season after a very slow start offensively.

EDIT: If he manages to get 1 more point, he will join Hughes and Edler as the only Canuck defenders to record more than 30 points in a season since 2015, if I’m recalling that nugget right.
If we could seperate OEL from his contract he'd be considered having a very good year. But at 7.2 on the cap it's not enough.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Oh I know in my heart of hearts it’s going to happen. It’s all going to be cyclical and kids that grew up cheering for the Sedins will have nostalgia for the Orca.

This f***ing franchise has no sense of identity and just bounces around, retreading on whatever brain chemistry is making us smile at that moment.

We have 3 f***ing logos on the front of the jersey. You don’t see Buffalo trotting out the white Buffalo or buffaslug.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
If we could seperate OEL from his contract he'd be considered having a very good year. But at 7.2 on the cap it's not enough.

he’s like our brian campbell on the 2010 blackhawks, only our stars have already burned their ELCs, and we didn’t make the playoffs, and to their credit our management and ownership tossed virtanen swiftly and decisively.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Fair assessment, I agree. He played a lot of important minutes for us, and if we move him we'd have a big hole to fill through other means. But his contract is very problematic.

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
OEL + Garland = 80 points and playing important roles on the team. Not a bad trade for spare parts and Dylan Guenther.

• Haha
Reactions: Peen

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Fair assessment, I agree. He played a lot of important minutes for us, and if we move him we'd have a big hole to fill through other means. But his contract is very problematic.
The problem is that it’s not 2001 and you have to judge shit relative to contracts if you want to win.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
My Gawd that Kraken team is 'bad'. Canucks basically won handily with a lineup sprinkled with AHL players.

But I guess you have to start from somewhere. Beniers looks like a keeper; and the Kraken have stocked up with draft picks at the TDL. And there could be some interest in one of their goalies this off-season.

Unlike Vegas though, slow and steady growth is about all the Kraken fans can hope for.....a pretty typical expansion team, really.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
well it has been a wild ride of a season. proof positive that having the right coach and a positive attitude in the room can make an enormous difference for a team.

and hey, if you said at the beginning of the season we'd end the season in a virtual tie with vegas and just ahead of the jets, i'd have been optimistic.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
My Gawd that Kraken team is 'bad'. Canucks basically won handily with a lineup sprinkled with AHL players.

But I guess you have to start from somewhere. Beniers looks like a keeper; and the Kraken have stocked up with draft picks at the TDL. And there could be some interest in one of their goalies this off-season.

Unlike Vegas though, slow and steady growth is about all the Kraken fans can hope for.....a pretty typical expansion team, really.

kraken are going to be punching bags for years.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
OEL + Garland = 80 points and playing important roles on the team. Not a bad trade for spare parts and Dylan Guenther.
If the team had not made the trade they would now have $12M to acquire a legitimate top pairing, younger, D man, a forward at least as capable as Garland, have Guenther, and a second round pick this year. And for the cherry on top, the cap % that they are paying OEL is a huge contributor to the fact that they need to move more salary out this summer. By August you might have to add losing Boeser to those trade consequences.

That trade is categorically indefensible, perhaps only surpassed by losing Tanev, Markstrom, Toffoli and Stecher a year earlier as a consequence of trying to acquire OEL.

Last edited:
Reactions: supercanuck

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
That trade was awful for this team. No question about it. Garland is a nice piece, but he didn't take that next step until the last 2-3 weeks of the season. Spent the majority of the season as nothing but a complementary player.

Guenther is not an afterthought, the kid just destroyed his junior league and might make the Coyotes top 6 next season.

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021

Thought I would post this to show how much the refs were on our side for this fake non good team run. We are ranked 25th. Meaning 24/32 teams have more penalties per game than us.

Like I said in other GDT’s, you don’t have to believe me but these are the facts. We were getting away with murder until we were officially eliminated. I think miller cross checked a wild player 3 times , really blatant hard might cause injury cross checks, right in front of the ref and the ref let him do it. And we were clutch and grab city through the entire Ottawa game. Then when we were pretty much done all of our liberty habits were called last night. Coincidence? Lol we were getting away with them for a long time, and just not yesterday. That’s why there were so many penalties. We had habits where we could do whatever we want and not get called. Lol

I just hope these ref favours doesn’t mean we used up all of favours with the NHL and they give us this draft lottery. Please. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille