Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Kraken - 5-2 (Dries, Miller, Ekman-Larsson, Schenn, Hughes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022

Garland is just entering his prime on a high value contract while OEL is only 30.

Those two will make a bigger impact on the Canucks as their young core enters their best years than Guenther ever will.

If you trust the current management, they have repeatedly said this team is about 2 years away from being sustainable winners. That assessment is fair considering the age of the core.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Oh I know in my heart of hearts it’s going to happen. It’s all going to be cyclical and kids that grew up cheering for the Sedins will have nostalgia for the Orca.

This f***ing franchise has no sense of identity and just bounces around, retreading on whatever brain chemistry is making us smile at that moment.

We have 3 f***ing logos on the front of the jersey. You don’t see Buffalo trotting out the white Buffalo or buffaslug.
I really like the original sweater, such a clean bright look both home and away. Shows up really nice on TV also!!!

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Garland is just entering his prime on a high value contract while OEL is only 30.

Those two will make a bigger impact on the Canucks as their young core enters their best years than Guenther ever will.

If you trust the current management, they have repeatedly said this team is about 2 years away from being sustainable winners. That assessment is fair considering the age of the core.
It will be interesting to see if Allvin trades Garland..His name seemed to be out there a fair bit before the TDL…Could have been media driven though

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003

Again, your completely ignoring the opportunity cost and the bigger picture. Sure, I'd love to take a trip around the world but if it cost me my house, it probably isn't such a great deal.

I'll find it pretty ironic if they have to move out Garland because they don't have the cap space to sign Boeser.

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
It will be interesting to see if Allvin trades Garland..His name seemed to be out there a fair bit before the TDL…Could have been media driven though
After Garlands run there is zero chance he will be traded. His 5 on 5 production were amongst the top 35.

Only moves I see in the offseason:

For trades is Pearson and/or Dickinson to free up cap space.

Free agency: Kuzmenko (if he chooses Vancouver) or some high value/low cost bottom six signings.

I don't predict any changes to the Defence, Rutherford explicitly said he doesn't mind the defence and they had great even strength numbers.

Anything more from above, then prepare to be disappointed. The last 50 games under Bruce Boudreau demonstrated what Canucks are capable of playing like. The management team will focus on optimizing the current roster with better facilities and training similar to what Gillis did when he inherited the roster.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
After Garlands run there is zero chance he will be traded. His 5 on 5 production were amongst the top 35.

Free agency: Kuzmenko (if he chooses Vancouver) or some high value/low cost bottom six signings.

I don't predict any changes to the Defence, Rutherford explicitly said he doesn't mind the defence and they had great even strength numbers.

Anything more from above, then prepare to be disappointed. The last 50 games under Bruce Boudreau demonstrated what Canucks are capable of playing like. The management team will focus on optimizing the current roster with better facilities and training similar to what Gillis did when he inherited the roster.
Doubt there will be any market for a 4th line defensive winger with a 2.5+ million cap hit for each of the next two years (his actually salary is even higher). Course maybe if Benning gets employed as a GM on another NHL team, he'll trade for him.

Reactions: Bitz and Bites

Nucks4Life

Apr 22, 2022
Always media driven.

The guy is 26 years old, had a bad season according to him, and has 50 pts (with barely any PP time and has been playing 3rd line most of the season) and is paid 4.9 mil. Has speed and tenacity and gets under other teams skin. Yes teams would call for him because who doesn't want that and that price? If our issues are cap, speed, and heart, you don't trade players with good cap hits, speed, and heart!

Budreau recently said in post game, we need more players like Garland, he's a sparkplug. He's going no where if Bruce is around and that's a good thing.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

Nucks4Life

Apr 22, 2022
Doubt there will be any market for a 4th line defensive winger with a 2.5+ million cap hit for each of the next two years (his actually salary is even higher). Course maybe if Benning gets employed as a GM on another NHL team, he'll trade for him.
AZ likes taking team's junk. In their effort to land Bedard I am sure they would be open to taking some more of our trash given some of the past trash contracts have expired.

Hit the post

Oct 1, 2015
AZ likes taking team's junk. In their effort to land Bedard I am sure they would be open to taking some more of our trash given some of the past trash contracts have expired.
They like taking junk as long as it doesn't cost them alot of actual cash (which is why I included Dickon's actual salary which will be a fair bit higher than his actual cap hit). If Ferland's contract was insured, Arizona will be all over any kind of deal to acquire him (even if he never plays another game at the NHL as medical companies will end up paying for his salary, that is if it was insured).

Hit the post

Oct 1, 2015
Always media driven.

The guy is 26 years old, had a bad season according to him, and has 50 pts (with barely any PP time and has been playing 3rd line most of the season) and is paid 4.9 mil. Has speed and tenacity and gets under other teams skin. Yes teams would call for him because who doesn't want that and that price? If our issues are cap, speed, and heart, you don't trade players with good cap hits, speed, and heart!

Budreau recently said in post game, we need more players like Garland, he's a sparkplug. He's going no where if Bruce is around and that's a good thing.
I've said this before; he's like Motte only with legit top 6 skill. He's worth his weight in gold.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Was it just me, or was that one of Jason Dickinson's most effective game as a Canuck?. He actually looked fast and physical, and surprisingly made some very creative plays....Where has that been all season?

I guess you always hope that this is a player who's a lot better in his second season here. This is something that Boudreau alluded to.....sometimes when a player is traded, the first year with a new team can be a huge struggle. And the second season goes a lot better.....I guess all you can do is keep your fingers crossed.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria

Great post

People dont put enough focus on the last paragraph and the benefits of background work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese