Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Kraken - 5-2 (Dries, Miller, Ekman-Larsson, Schenn, Hughes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
WHEN: April 26th, 7:00PM, PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet650

1650946894842.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks’ Starting Lineup: (unconfirmed)
Garland - Miller - Chiasson
Podkolzin - Pettersson - Boeser
Highmore - Lammikko - Dickinson
Dries - Richardson - Lockwood

Hughes - Schenn
Ekman-Larsson - Myers
Dermott - Hunt

Martin

GAME NOTES:
- The Canucks can keep their playoff hopes alive with a victory over Seattle coupled with a Vegas victory over Dallas
- The Canucks will wear their Black Skate jerseys for the game tomorrow
- Quinn Hughes needs just 1 point to set a new franchise record for most points in a season by a defensemen
- JT Miller is 1 point back of Todd Bertuzzi for the 7th best offensive season by a player in franchise history

Last edited:

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Not to be a wet blanket, but aren't they eliminated from the playoffs now? They can only tie Dallas or the Preds in points, but both have (and will have) more ROW, so doesn't that kill the tiebreak?

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Not to be a wet blanket, but aren't they eliminated from the playoffs now? They can only tie Dallas or the Preds in points, but both have (and will have) more ROW, so doesn't that kill the tiebreak?

Canucks needs Vegas to beat Dallas in regulation and lose the rest of their 2 games in regulation.

Dallas has to lose all 3 in regulation

Canucks have to win all 3 of their remaining games.

Then Canucks would "sneak" in to the playoffs. They would be tied in points with the Stars but have 31-34 RW wins to Dallas's 30.

Dallas plays the Coyotes and Ducks in game 81 and 82.

Last edited:

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
At least here players have an opportunity to reach statistical goals or milestones (like Petey reaching 70, JT hitting 100), and they will probly want to stay mathematically alive, so there could be lots of goals scored against a weak team like Seattle. Good entertainment value for me.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Thank you for the GDT @Mr. Canucklehead

I understand the Season is almost over for our Boys, but I’ll cheer for them anyway.
325732CC-5ECE-4F6B-9761-747FBC8BC5A0.gif

As I mentioned before - I just want to see the Boys compete. Next Season will be what it is, though I’m praying that our new Management will make the tough decisions needed for our Canucks to move in the right direction.

F30E96D5-943F-4F10-9034-4D0C5E37B281.gif

As for the last few Games we have….
F1F6D6C6-6304-4064-B537-5AD9135CF21E.jpeg

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
They wearing those halloween jerseys with the ugly ass logo on it tonight? Just a total 90s abomination that all of you seem to have locked into your silly nostalgic-ridden brains? Is it that bullshit tonight?

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
They wearing those halloween jerseys with the ugly ass logo on it tonight? Just a total 90s abomination that all of you seem to have locked into your silly nostalgic-ridden brains? Is it that bullshit tonight?
who needs nostalgia when the future is so bright

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
This is a game the Canucks should win, and I'm not really concerned with the result as I've already completely come to terms with them falling short.

Canucks ran out of gas the last few games...as is the case after a winning streak ..When you win 5-6 in a row you generally lose a few,,Its like game management from the refs, after you've had a run of PP's.

The Kraken have been disappointing on the ice this season...Should be better next season.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
hello Guys, imma big fan of OEL, it seems he stepped up his game lately (i read your board) but he was always good for 10-20 goals per season (he has really nice shot as well). only 4 goals this season though and no goals in last 31GP. what happened to his goal scoring ability?

Reactions: Indiana

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Man, I complain a lot in the GDTs about the team/certain players but this was quite a fun season to follow -- probably up there with the bubble team since 2011. I don't know what I'll do with myself until October. I'll truly miss you all.

3 games left!

It's definitely been fun enjoying these games - I'll hope for more until the door is slammed shut.

Come on, Martin! Big Game tonight!

Reactions: Ginger Papa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad