Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Golden Knights - 5-4 (OT) (Horvat, Podkolzin, Pettersson, Richardson, Hughes)

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Even when Petey was at his worst this year, he wasn't AHL material. It was a brutal hot take in an attempt to be edgy (Walker to a T) and it blew up in his face when Petey rather predictably rounded back into form.

The point of the post was that he was having zero impact on the team and if he was in the AHL the team wouldn't even notice it.. and it was 100% true. He was a replacement level player at that time.

I don't like Walker and I find it strange that people follow an ex-radio host with nothing interesting to say.. but him repeatedly getting dragged for this is just dumb.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
The point of the post was that he was having zero impact on the team and if he was in the AHL the team wouldn't even notice it.. and it was 100% true. He was a replacement level player at that time.

I don't like Walker and I find it strange that people follow an ex-radio host with nothing interesting to say.. but him repeatedly getting dragged for this is just dumb.

While I completely agree with everything you written here, I find it hilarious that Walker gets held to the fire for his old bad takes. He's just so consistently wrong and even when he's correct he's so arrogant and frames his opinions in such a poor way that it seems like he's wrong.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Great effort, good win but like most of the last seasons, too little too late.

Just not a good enough group, standings don't lie.

Great to watch a win, Demko did it again, he is great to watch, for a whole 60 minutes.

Horvat is at his peak, 27 years old he is definitely a win NOW player too bad the rest of the team is not set up for long term success.

Lots of talk about getting close to being the 3rd team out from the playoffs, I am not sure many people here think there is a chance.
There are lots of fans though that seem to think time stops for players, that salary caps don't exist, players play to their career highs every year and that Demko gets wins because the rest of the team is soooo good and he has nothing to do with most of the wins.

It is now almost mathematically impossible.

The games are still fun to watch but I can't wait until the end of the season and the start of trade season.

I look forward to watching a team that can coast to the end of the year, where winning is not celebrated by seeing how close the team is to 5th in the division.

Demko steals another!

• Love
Reactions: geebaan

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

No kidding.

Walker is a moron and there are about a million bad takes on this team you can hold him to account for ... but correctly saying that Elias Pettersson was playing really bad when Elias Pettersson was playing really bad is not one of them.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

Not too shabby for the captain...he's been playing great...Also, how about Podz last night setting up numerous scoring opportunities..?...He's on another level right now, and looks extremely confident..When he wasnt setting up his teammates, he was fearlessly taking the puck right into the goalie crease (and playing a a solid 200 ft game).

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks were thoroughly dominated in the third period of that game, and were a crossbar away from losing their lead altogether.

But while this team 'bends', they find a way not to 'break'. A lot of it has to do with Demko....but with this current lineup it's pretty hard to argue that Boudreau is getting the maximum out of these players.

Probably on pace for 90 points.....which considering where they started has to be pretty inspiring. Over the past 50 games or so, they've been playing beyond a .600 clip. In fact they're right up there with the Flames in terms of their won/loss record.

It won't be good enough for the post-season, but is definitely a building block for the future.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Canucks were thoroughly dominated in the third period of that game, and were a crossbar away from losing their lead altogether.

But while this team 'bends', they find a way not to 'break'. A lot of it has to do with Demko....but with this current lineup it's pretty hard to argue that Boudreau is getting the maximum out of these players.

Probably on pace for 90 points.....which considering where they started has to be pretty inspiring. Over the past 50 games or so, they've been playing beyond a .600 clip. In fact they're right up there with the Flames in terms of their won/loss record.

It won't be good enough for the post-season, but is definitely a building block for the future.
I recall Myers clanging one off of the crossbar...and Pettersson being outright robbed by Lehner..The game wasnt indicative of the lopsided shot totals.

The team has been playing like a 'good ' team throughout the majority of the season.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I recall Myers clanging one off of the crossbar...and Pettersson being outright robbed by Lehner..The game wasnt indicative of the lopsided shot totals.

The team has been playing like a 'good ' team throughout the majority of the season.

They played a good 2nd period and were absolutely dismantled in the 1st and 3rd periods, where the shots were a combined 33-11. Scoring chances in those periods basically mirrored the shots. They were badly outplayed for most of that game but won with a 20-minute effort and a goaltending advantage.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Andrew Walker was a complete asshole for the entirety of the time he spent covering the Canucks. Watching him eat shit over this colossally bad take is just awesome.

He posted a tweet once - don't recall the topic - it was just a sports tweet or something.

Under his text, he included a photo of himself. It appeared to be a modeling shot - like you'd see of a guy modeling a sports coat in an old catalogue. It was the vainest thing I had ever seen - a guy posting his opinion and below it including a glossy photo of himself. It was a guy totally in love with the image in the mirror. I'm not sure if it was more hilarious or sad.

Reactions: Indiana

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
They played a good 2nd period and were absolutely dismantled in the 1st and 3rd periods, where the shots were a combined 33-11. Scoring chances in those periods basically mirrored the shots. They were badly outplayed for most of that game but won with a 20-minute effort and a goaltending advantage.

You gotta stop with the real takes. Nobody here wants those.

Reactions: Clinton Comets EHL

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
We outhit them by double, blocked twice as many shots...They had 5 giveaways to our 3...We scored 2 for 3 on the PP, and they were 0 for 3 on the PP...and had the better goalie..

Its no coincidence that the Canucks win more games than they lose under Boudreau.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
We outhit them by double, blocked twice as many shots...They had 5 giveaways to our 3...We scored 2 for 3 on the PP, and they were 0 for 3 on the PP...and had the better goalie..

Its no coincidence that the Canucks win more games than they lose under Boudreau.

You block shots when you have the puck right? 🙄

Had the better goalie…? Wtf game did you watch? Lenher besides that one save of Petey was awful.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Hits and blocked shots are what happens when the other team has the puck all the time. It's a *BAD* thing when you're leading in those stats.

Giveaways/takeaways are an absolutely useless stat. I don't even know why the NHL bothers recording it because it's so inaccurate it beggars belief.

Yes, special teams were better for us ... largely because of that goaltending advantage.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Benning is still going to be discussed for years to come because his impact on the team is going to be felt for that long.

You can't really discuss OEL without mentioning him for example.
You sure can within a gdt. It's literally about a game and what happened within the game.

I'm not saying his name should be verboten, but you seriously think I'm coming from completely out of left field here?

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
You sure can within a gdt. It's literally about a game and what happened within the game.

I'm not saying his name should be verboten, but you seriously think I'm coming from completely out of left field here?
I think it's pretty unrealistic to think his name won't come up, even within a gdt. After an 8 year reign of terror his hands are on every part of the team. It's barely been 4 months since the change.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
I think it's pretty unrealistic to think his name won't come up, even within a gdt. After an 8 year reign of terror his hands are on every part of the team. It's barely been 4 months since the change.
Yup. Until we ship out OEL, Myers, Garland, Pettersson, Hughes, Miller, … Well, basically the whole team. Some of these guys like Pettersson and Hughes will be here for many years, so I guess Benning is going to keep coming up. I wish we could move on from him though. He’s history.

Indiana

Mar 17, 2008
Canada
he included a photo of himself. It appeared to be a modeling shot - like you'd see of a guy modeling a sports coat in an old catalogue.

It was the vainest thing I had ever seen - a guy posting his opinion and below it including a glossy photo of himself.

It was a guy totally in love with the image in the mirror.

I've seen it.

In fact, I think I got a clip of it right here:

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
You block shots when you have the puck right? 🙄

Had the better goalie…? Wtf game did you watch? Lenher besides that one save of Petey was awful.
We got steamrolled last night. Demko was fantastic and Lerhner was awful. That poster must have meant that. Have to be blind to see that game any different.

Reactions: geebaan

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
We got steamrolled last night. Demko was fantastic and Lerhner was awful. That poster must have meant that. Have to be blind to see that game any different.

Blind maybe. Intentionally homer to the point if ignoring objective reality? Always.

Reactions: Fatass

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Blocking shots and hitting people is what you do when you don't have the puck. You can't have giveaway if you don't have the puck. Demko won the game.

Reactions: Fatass and Peen

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3