Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Avs - 4-2 (Kuzmenko x2, Boeser, Miller)

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
You likely aren't fixing the cap issues before the end of the season, unless you can find a buyer for Boeser.

Several contracts should be very tradeable in the summer, either for small value or by adding a pick.
Well, we all thought Miller was a slam dunk to be traded as well, but here we are. I'm not as confident as you are management will act as you've suggested in the offseason.

Reactions: iFan

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Agreed, but teams will be offering Horvat and Kuzmenko contracts in the meantime. Furthermore, if the Nucks sign both of them, teams will be asking a high price for the Nucks' cap dumps because they will have to get rid of players.

Would you let Horvat and Kuzmenko walk into the off-season without contracts or trade them at the deadline?

I'm doing everything humanly possible to sign those guys before the deadline, and clearing out bad contracts in the summer.

I don't think we're disagreeing here, except Horvat isn't coming back whether they want him or not. They prioritized signing Miller and don't want to pay Horvat what he wants. You can't have both Miller and Bo and that decision was made.

Can we even get rid of those players?

I agree you do what you can to sign Kuzmenko.

The D needs to be rebuilt, but you're facing an almost impossible task, at least in the short term. So if you're going to be bad for a couple of seasons, you may as well plan for it and then strip things down more than one might ordinarily think would be sensible.

No argument that Horvat isn't coming back because they don't want to pay him. I just think that is absolutely idiotic, especially after signing Miller. When you commit to signing Miller, you have to sign Horvat.

You don't give JT Miller a huge deal in September to compete now and then 30 games decide to let Bo Horvat walk. It's absolute waffling idiocy.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
PETEY TO MILLERRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!! EMPTY NETTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I'm doing everything humanly possible to sign those guys before the deadline, and clearing out bad contracts in the summer.
Honest question

Do you understand how completely nonexistent the canucks leverage would be in any trades to dump salary to fit players once they cap themselves out

And even if they theoretically are able to pay the prices, that they have zero assets to improve the team? Literally zero. None.

While having roughly 30 million of their cap to OEL, Boeser, Horvat, Miller. Three of those guys for long term deals into their late 30s.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad