Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Avs - 4-2 (Kuzmenko x2, Boeser, Miller)

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
WHEN: January 5th, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Canucks Line-Up:

Kuzmenko-Pettersson-Miller
Mikheyev-Horvat-Boeser
Garland-Dries-Lockwood
Joshua-Studnicka-Lazar

OEL-Myers
Hughes-Bear
Dermott-Schenn

Delia

Avalanche Line-Up:

TBD

Georgiev

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: supercanuck

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
how can you look at garland, dries, lockwood, joshua, lazar and studnicka in the bottom six and think this team is anywhere close to good. that's like coyotes or ducks bad

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Well we'll either get the same sad sack effort or an inexplicably dominant performance against a team we have no business beating. That's the Canuck way. Colorado being a walking wounded clinic makes the outcome even muddier.

Reactions: geebaan and Ozone

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I think I read somewhere that the Canucks have allowed five or more goals in 10 of their 18 home games. That's pretty hard to accomplish. You'd have go back to expansion teams like Washington Capitals; the Kansas City Scouts; or the Atlanta Thrashers to find a comparable.

Av's come in on a funk.....but 60 minutes against this tire-fire defense should put a smile back their faces. Playing a team with one of the worst GAA in the league and the NHL's worst PK is just what the doctor ordered.

My guess is the Canucks keep that five-plus GA streak on home ice going. I won't matter who's between the pipes.

LeftHandedDman

May 29, 2018
I think I read somewhere that the Canucks have allowed five or more goals in 10 of their 18 home games. That's pretty hard to accomplish. You'd have go back to expansion teams like Washington Capitals; the Kansas City Scouts; or the Atlanta Thrashers to find a comparable.

Av's come in on a funk.....but 60 minutes against this tire-fire defense should put a smile back their faces. Playing a team with one of the worst GAA in the league and the NHL's worst PK is just what the doctor ordered.

My guess is the Canucks keep that five-plus GA streak on home ice going. I won't matter who's between the pipes.
The team is just not built correctly. I'd keep Petey and try and start again. I thought Benning was on the right track. But the track was messed up and the train derailed.

• Haha
Reactions: mathonwy

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The team is just not built correctly. I'd keep Petey and try and start again. I thought Benning was on the right track. But the track was messed up and the train derailed.
Did I read that correctly?.....a guy who's in charge of a lottery team and still trades a top-10 first; and a high second for OEL and Garland with their combined $13m in cap hit?

A guy with Benning's track record should be working as a Walmart greeter somewhere.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Did I read that correctly?.....a guy who's in charge of a lottery team and still trades a top-10 first; and a high second for OEL and Garland with their combined $13m in cap hit?

A guy with Benning's track record should be working as a Walmart greeter somewhere.
Benning was on the right track to really cap himself out with stupid contracts.

I suppose an alcoholic who loses his limbs is also on the right track?

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Wonder if Miller will be taking the faces off for Petey now that he’s on his line again m.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
wow this team looks really thin on centre after horvat

It’s pretty much Pettersson and then…Dries?

When Miller was thought to be able to at least handle light duty at centre, it’s not as big a problem but he’s been wholly incapable this season. So now, if Horvat is gone, two centers need to be found instead of one.

Last edited:

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008

When Miller was thought to be able to at least handle light duty at centre, it’s not as big a problem but he’s been wholly incapable this season. So now, if Horvat is gone, two centers need to be found instead of one.
We got lots of wingers so that’s pretty cool.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
I like loading up the top 6, live and die by the offence. Avs give up a lot in a back n forth game.

Would prefer Hogs over Boeser tho.

Reactions: TruKnyte

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Miller is complete dumpster juice at centre, he should just stick to being a winger where he's most comfortable with. Also, this team needs to find another centre in the offseason when Horvat is shown the door. Guy wants to get paid, we won't be able to fit him under the cap. Also, he won't have this career year in goals again, lets be real.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad