Rumor: Canucks are targeting U-24s that has underwhelmed during their ELC. Which players fit this profile?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The Vancouver sports media pointed out the connection between Canucks Assistant GM Castonguay and Alexis Lafrenière and I have a feeling that's going to be the player (Horvat for Laf, with not as much added to either side as anyone here would predict)

Why would Rangers trade Laf for pure rental?

Reactions: UnSandvich

King Karl

five-year run of unparalleled suffering
Mar 18, 2014
Halifax, NS
Not sure if Ottawa is looking to move him, but Brannstrom (23) could fit the bill. Has looked pretty good this year and is great at anchoring the powerplay, but is pushed behind Chabot and Sanderson on that depth chart. I'd prefer to keep him but I'd expect he could be had for a 2nd or 3rd if Ottawa goes that route.

Reactions: Altimus and mondo3

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Not sure if Ottawa is looking to move him, but Brannstrom (23) could fit the bill. Has looked pretty good this year and is great at anchoring the powerplay, but is pushed behind Chabot and Sanderson on that depth chart. I'd prefer to keep him but I'd expect he could be had for a 2nd or 3rd if Ottawa goes that route.

He would be behind Hughes for a role that Brannstrom needs to be playing to be successful.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
The Vancouver sports media pointed out the connection between Canucks Assistant GM Castonguay and Alexis Lafrenière and I have a feeling that's going to be the player (Horvat for Laf, with not as much added to either side as anyone here would predict)
The rangers aren’t trading Laf or Kakko for any of the shit Vancouver is trying to shovel and clear out

Hate to break it to you Canucks fans

Reactions: UnSandvich

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Well for one more day Ian Mitchell fits bill (His B-day is tomorrow)

Alot of teams liked him in NCAA when there was talk, he would go to UFA instead of signing with Hawks

He is soft and terrible

Reactions: Hattrick Kane

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
JR is obsessed with reclamation projects, or guys who were drafted high-ish once upon a time but have been struggling.

Schultz, Galchenyuk, Oleskiak, Bjugstad, Johnson, Sheahan. McCann and Kapanen also, though I don’t know if either were “struggling”

Didn’t Etem from Anaheim goto Vancouver as well? Could be wrong. But I definitely agree on Vancouver with reclamation projects

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
The Rangers don't need another center and they can't afford the extension.
I’m just playing devil’s advocate here, but teams often play with more centres than needed and shift certain players to wing (team Canada in the Olympics always does this, pretty sure LA Kings did it for their 2012 and 2014 Cups with Kopitar, Carter, and Richards all playing in their top 6).

If they made the trade, it would be because they value a chance at a cup this year more than Laf’s contributions in the future, and/or they would want to re-sign Horvat by making some moves to free up salary.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Kings tried this with Lias Andersson -- feel free to take another shot at him

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Half these guys were already castoffs in their mid 20’s.. They were just depth aqusitions. Can’t exactly call depth fringe guys reclamations Lol
Almost every guy I listed was the definition of a reclamation project when acquired. Some were ok, some were hopeless from the start.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I mean, what team doesn't want to hopefully find a steal on under 24 players who "need a change of scenery", while trying to give up nothing but players or prospects they no longer want, or meh picks. I'm sure there's a long line of suckers just waiting.

Grumpy1

Feb 8, 2015
What a joke. Rutherford must have found Benning's play book on to building a winning team lol

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
Minnesota isn't trading Rossi especially for a rental they won't be interested in. Some of those names aren't getting moved

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad