Rumor: Canucks are targeting U-24s that has underwhelmed during their ELC. Which players fit this profile?

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Rutherford in his presser yesterday said that they are targeting young players with upside that may have underperformed or underwhelmed during their ELC. He says he prefers this over draft picks whom would carry the same risk of busting.

Please note:

- He also said he wants more draft picks and wants to add to the Canucks prospect pipeline. Most of these u24s are probably additions and not the main piece to a big trade for someone like Horvat.

Which players fit the profile,

Here are some speculated names from insiders and talking heads after the presser:

Lafreniere
Kakko
Rossi
Tomasino
Bernard-Docker
Mcmichael
Newhook
Hayton
Kravstov
Wahlstrom
Broberg
Foudy

Which other players fit this profile that you think would be available to be moved?

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Cant see Rangers trading Kakko or Laf but both would suit what the Nucks want.

I don’t think Krav would cost a bunch if they want him

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
This seems like a great way to build a club that finishes 17th overall

I think it's actually really smart, as long as there's other steps in the process. If they sell off a large amount of the current roster, then someone has to play the games. So bring in overpaid vets like Arizona did for profit, and bring in young reclamation projects to see what sticks. If that's the plan, it'll work.

But just adding a player or two like Kravtsov won't fix anything.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
The Vancouver sports media pointed out the connection between Canucks Assistant GM Castonguay and Alexis Lafrenière and I have a feeling that's going to be the player (Horvat for Laf, with not as much added to either side as anyone here would predict)

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I don’t think Tomasino would be available… at least, not unless it was in a very big deal for a prominent star player… but then that also implies Cap balancing with dumps that the Canucks won’t want. So forget Tomasino.

But while not technically 23 and under or on ELC , Dante Fabbro is underutilized and under appreciated atm.

Reactions: cool beans

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Cant see Rangers trading Kakko or Laf but both would suit what the Nucks want.

I don’t think Krav would cost a bunch if they want him

Why cant you see NYR trading these guys? Isnt Laffy on the trade block for weeks now?

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
First 5 minutes of it was cap talk, and the upset season ticket holders. He wants changes, but contradicted himself saying it’s a salary cap world. It’s hard to get rid of contracts.

You got Buffalo, Arizona, Anaheim here with millions. If Rutherford wanted to move contracts like he said for better moves. It’s a simple phone call.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Rutherford in his presser yesterday said that they are targeting young players with upside that may have underperformed or underwhelmed during their ELC. He says he prefers this over draft picks whom would carry the same risk of busting.

Please note:

- He also said he wants more draft picks and wants to add to the Canucks prospect pipeline. Most of these u24s are probably additions and not the main piece to a big trade for someone like Horvat.

Which players fit the profile,

Here are some speculated names from insiders and talking heads after the presser:

Lafreniere
Kakko
Rossi
Tomasino
Bernard-Docker
Mcmichael
Newhook
Hayton
Kravstov
Wahlstrom
Broberg
Foudy

Which other players fit this profile that you think would be available to be moved?
Broberg isn't going anywhere. He is a rookie in he NHL and has been getting better with each game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad