Rumor: Canucks are targeting U-24s that has underwhelmed during their ELC. Which players fit this profile?

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
Sounds like any forward the Rangers have taken in the last few years,

Horvat to NYR

Chytil, Kakko have taken big steps this year, and are producing. Kravtsov hasn't had the points yet, but has been playing better and better. There are games lately where these three have been our best forwards that night. The only one who is lagging is Laf, who also happens to be the youngest of all of them.

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
What's Jones' game like these days?

I would put em as a Comtois on our hockey team.

We see flashes of brilliance sometimes. Then he’s more of a role player. He’s good on the board in my opinion. He does win puck battles when he wants to. Shot is okay he does shoot pretty nice for his size. And he’s not scared of the dirty areas in the crease.

But it’s Anaheim right? Like the entire team sucks. If Canucks want a young player who does have potential as a 2nd liner. And they can groom em with better talent. Max Jones is your guy.

He’s a first round draft pick also by Anaheim. But he’s stuck on this roster when we are obviously rebuilding hard. Vancouver can take em and make something out of him for sure with Pettersson and Horvat and your other amazing forward core.

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Chytil, Kakko have taken big steps this year, and are producing. Kravtsov hasn't had the points yet, but has been playing better and better. There are games lately where these three have been our best forwards that night. The only one who is lagging is Laf, who also happens to be the youngest of all of them.
Sure but anyone who follows hockey knows they are underwhelming this far in their career compared to expectations...which is the type of player titled in this thread

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
Trade for everyone's draft flops and put them together on one team and they magically become stars.

All righty then

Dark days will continue for many more years for Nucks fans if this is the plan
Yepp ,we are going to target a bunch of busts,and bring them into this winning culture we have here!!!!,with rumors of a new coach,who sucked at being a coach in the first n place.Sounds like Jim Benning all over again.This management group has no plans if this is there idea ,of a retool..what a joke this poor team has become.

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
Furthermore, Anaheim may be interested in trading Comtois this deadline. Depending what the market is like.

Hard working individual and meets Rutherford 24 and under category he wants.

Anaheim has Max Jones and Max Comtois possibly.

Pretty funny both names are max when I wrote this 😂 I crack myself up sometimes

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
The Blackhawks tried this approach a few years ago in an attempt to re-open their playoff window.
It didn't work.

Strome, Perlini, Koekoek, Quenneville, A. Nylander,
They were all 1st round picks who had been disappointing.

Predictably, they continued to disappoint.

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
The Blackhawks tried this approach a few years ago in an attempt to re-open their playoff window.
It didn't work.

Strome, Perlini, Koekoek, Quenneville, A. Nylander,
They were all 1st round picks who had been disappointing.

Predictably, they continued to disappoint.

It has to be a special case. If my memory serves correct? They did turn Emerson Etem around in Vancouver. To be fair they are a very good team with reclamation projects.

Not saying Chicago can’t re surface a player. But Vancouver has done a good job on the project route

Reactions: Ace Card Bedard

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Morrow
Jarvis
Kotkaniemi
Nikishin
Byram
Newhook
Rasmussen + picks
Lysell
Frederic

Just give us 2 of us those I literally do not want anyone else. No Poolparties, no Alexis “Benoit Pouliot” Lafreniere, no Mr. Pocket Change, no other reclamation projects, young “U24” players aka guys who aren’t beat up and used up already

Reactions: Sigurd

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Not sure if it's been said here but JBD is a no-go from Ottawa. 22 and has looked real good in his games so far this year, especially the last 2 games he's looked like a genuine Top 4 D. Not saying he'll keep playing like that but I'd be absolutely shocked if they dealt him. He's Chabot's long term partner on our 2nd pairing behind Sanderson and Zub IMO.

Brannstrom and Thomson would be the targets from Ottawa. Branny has been decent and can QB a PP2 but probably fits best as a 3rd pairing guy. Can play both LD and RD although DJ Smith refuses to let him play on the right in Ottawa. Lassi is still developing and looks good but I think JBD has performed better and likely has the upper hand. With Zub signed for 4 more years and JBD coming up, plus the inevitable trade for an RD for Ottawa coming in 2023, Lassi is definitely available. Played Jr in Kelowna if that means anything, at least he's familiar with the area and has some friends there. I still think he's going to be a solid NHL player.

I could see Ottawa including either one in a package for Schenn, plus whatever pick would bridge the difference.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
It has to be a special case. If my memory serves correct? They did turn Emerson Etem around in Vancouver. To be fair they are a very good team with reclamation projects.

Not saying Chicago can’t re surface a player. But Vancouver has done a good job on the project route

NOPE

not even remotely close to the truth
They suck at it

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
You guys are likely to have to trade a 1st to just get rid of his contract.

"Jesse Puljujarvi: I purposely saved Puljujarvi for last. His time in an Oilers uniform is nearing its end. I don’t see a path forward for the player and the team beyond the next several weeks. I’m not going to beat the player up. The unfortunate reality is it’s going to cost the Oilers a high draft pick to move him to another team in a trade. One of the more surprising positive statistics about Puljujarvi’s game is the fact he leads the Oilers in hits (89) but the rest of his game doesn’t add up and he’s not worth his $3 million salary. The good news, for a team that acquires him at the deadline, is he’s on an expiring contract. It’s the only reason he is a target to be moved. (Look at it this way – the team acquiring the Oilers' first round pick along with Puljujarvi is essentially buying the pick from the Oilers. They pay the remainder of Puljujarvi’s contract for the year but get a first-round pick in return.)"

A first for a 3mil dump is not really the current economy. That is the cost for a 6mil player.

I'd be surprised if no team would gamble on him for half a year for free. That quote seems off the mark.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I don't think is the idea is necessarily dumb and has some merit to it. It just depends on what they mean by underwhelming.

For every Vilardi/Bennett, there's a Yakupov/G. Reinhart etc.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
jack roslovic's 25 and portzline wrote a few weeks ago that they were inquiring on him all summer long.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Lohrei Rasmussen Tomasino Svechkov Matier Ohgren Wallstedt Lambos Goncalves Harley Dellandrea Chibrikov Lundmark Othmann Kakko Raty Bolduc Byram Newhook Boqvist N.Foote C.Foote

are some names i would have interest in with the right exchange.

I get that they dont maybe suit the profile of this thread but im not sure thats what they should be targetting. Just get draft picks if you cannot get top6 top4 upside and then use them to get good players when teams want them at the draft and would like to move some salary. Take advantage of the vastly different valuations between deadline and draft

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Lohrei Rasmussen Tomasino Svechkov Matier Ohgren Wallstedt Lambos Goncalves Harley Dellandrea Chibrikov Lundmark Othmann Kakko Raty Bolduc Byram Newhook Boqvist N.Foote C.Foote

are some names i would have interest in with the right exchange.

I get that they dont maybe suit the profile of this thread but im not sure thats what they should be targetting. Just get draft picks if you cannot get top6 top4 upside and then use them to get good players when teams want them at the draft and would like to move some salary. Take advantage of the vastly different valuations between deadline and draft
Lol in no world is Minnesota ever trading ohgren, wallstedt or lambos. Minnesota doesn't want Horvat either so that's already been reported. Minnesota is looking at Toews.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
By the time 99 percent of NHL players are 24, they are what they are. There's no magic kryptonite that will turn them into stars.

But that never stopped the Canucks from acquiring those guys in the past and hoping for a miracle. The only difference this time is that they're trading a genuine star in Horvat instead of future draft picks.

But the results will inevitably be the same.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad