Confirmed with Link: Canucks announce new home, away, alternate jerseys, modified Stick in Rink logo

So what do we think of the new alternates?

• Total voters

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
Changed a couple things around...

bhgFfM0.png
That’s actually the approximate template I’m hoping Seattle rolls with.

Reactions: Hansen

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
Even if you want less green in the logo than I do (in the eye or fin is a possibility), I would also modify the stripes and collar a teeny bit:

Remove the shoulder patches, put the navy in the orca on the home jersey back to what it was before, remove the green from the collar on the white, and change the green on the collar on the blue to white. My autism is acting up.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Don't really care that much about the mains. Removed Vancouver...oh well. A little reminiscent of the Messier-era logo imho. Meh.

That 3rd one is gross, though. WTF is up with those green stripes?

It truly is astonishing how this corporation manages to f*** up the most basic things. It really takes some special talent to be that consistently bad.

Reactions: vancityluongo

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
These jerseys are further reaffirming my notion that ownership to management have ZERO idea what the fans actually want! These are PUTRIDLY BAD! That 3rd jersey looks like something I can order from China for $14. My gawd. Whoever designed these should meet cement boots and the bottom of false creek.

Reactions: Seattle Totems

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
That stick in rink is an embarrassment. It's such a simple jersey not to **** up. It's supposed to be simple and clean.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
That one was just a consequence of the base image I copied – it wasn’t intentional. (Which goes to show how careless they’ve been... the logo isn’t even standardized in official use). The others though – no! I want green!

Odd.

Then make both collars green with the thin green stripe.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
The new home and road are fine, but not a big fan of the super white shoulder patches.

I generally like the logo on the stick and rink, they really made the C obvious. I doubt anyone would say they never noticed the C, unlike with the older versions.

But man, that striping is horrid. Just totally kills the jersey. Wouldn't be caught dead in it.

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
I was holding out on buying a new jersey, hoping they nailed the 50 year anniversary designs. I can't say they nailed it. I think I will hold steady and keep scouring the internet for a vintage CCM stick and rink. It's the best, cleanest jersey with the blue and green colour scheme. I guess it's the best we'll ever have, because this ownership and management just...doesn't...get it.

GBHockey

Jun 2, 2018
So long as we have a respectable season, I couldn't care less what the jerseys look like. Push for playoffs, honour the greats, retire the Sedin's jerseys etc.

I'll be doing my best to secure a gamer when they go on sale, even if the customs fee is £90/C$150. So excited for the season and I'm praying if they do retire the Sedin's numbers and have a whole massive night, that I can get tickets and hop on over from the UK.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
They absolutely created an abomination of the stick in rink . “ we are all Canucks “ on the collar? Really?

The new stick n rink actually makes sense now. It looks like something that belongs to this team, C for Canucks is clear, the stick looks like a stick. It no longer looks like a clock. Oh, dear lord does it suck now.

We are all Canucks, cheesy. More cheese than fat Thor. At least it is invisible when you are wearing it.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Save for the 94 skate jersey the rest are trash. Utter garbage. What did they do to the stick & rink jersey? Who is in charge of these decisions and thought this was a good idea?

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
It's bizarro world. Non-Canucks fans seem to love them. Canucks fans hate them. Usually the opposite of what happens. Canucks fans can never agree on anything anyway. Every fan has a different opinion on what they should do. Default for a Canucks fan is to complain first and decide later.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I don't usually care about jerseys but these are pretty f***ing hideous. Good lord.

At least the wordmark is gone.

The stick n rink jersey is like they held a contest for ruining a classic design and "modernizing" it by removing the subtlety.

Last edited:

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
Even if you want less green in the logo than I do (in the eye or fin is a possibility), I would also modify the stripes and collar a teeny bit:

Just that little bit of green trim on the logo and collar goes a long way. Balances the colours of the jersey and connects the logo with the shirt. If we can figure this out on the internet, how does this fly right by a professional designer...

Reactions: Jyrki21

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Getting rid of the Vancouver from the Jersey is an improvement for me, albeit a very small improvement.

Not sure why the outrage on the 3rds. I like the colour choices and green stripes

Rogi

Jun 20, 2012
B.C.
I agree they needed to do more tweaking to jersey's. Removing the word mark is a positive but I'm not a huge fan of the orca although I can see they want to have some consistency. Too many different jersey's over the years. I like the alternate logo but the green strips get washed out on the blue. I think would look better like this.
D89ocfPWkAQDShN.jpg

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
I agree they needed to do more tweaking to jersey's. Removing the word mark is a positive but I'm not a huge fan of the orca although I can see they want to have some consistency. Too many different jersey's over the years. I like the alternate logo but the green strips get washed out on the blue. I think would look better like this.
D89ocfPWkAQDShN.jpg
That is a much better retro-modern hybrid.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
and if it hasnt been said; why is that stupid Agency font on the "vintage" jersey?

The 40th anniversary was done right. The 50th anniversary was not.

Something struck me this morning as I was listening to Bernie Federko talk about the St Louis Blues organisation. . He mentioned how everyone from current members to alumni has so much pride in the blue note. It was clear that they respect their history. The Vancouver Canucks obviously do not given that abomination of a third jersey that they served up for their "50th anniversary". It just turns me off this team even more. When I think of the state of the franchise and the lack of care from this ownership group, it makes me want to find a new team. They dont care, why should I?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad