Confirmed with Link: Canucks announce new home, away, alternate jerseys, modified Stick in Rink logo

So what do we think of the new alternates?

• Total voters

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Hey strangers! Now I'm not sure if someone is getting 'kickbacks' for keeping this disaster of a design team around, but it's just embarrassing.

Horrible 3rd jersey. Just a disaster. They should have used our third jersey from a few years ago as their main, or at least use the wider white stripes from it. At least put some green borders around the collar and orca logo. C'mon!

Another missed opportunity...

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Hey strangers! Now I'm not sure if someone is getting 'kickbacks' for keeping this disaster of a design team around, but it's just embarrassing.

Horrible 3rd jersey. Just a disaster. They should have used our third jersey from a few years ago as their main, or at least use the wider white stripes from it. At least put some green borders around the collar and orca logo. C'mon!

Another missed opportunity...

Who cares, the skate jersey is back.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Who cares, the skate jersey is back.
Good point.
Yet this organization pays good money for these pathetic jersey designs. Merchandising is a massive part of the business, and the skate won't be around long.
It pays to get what you pay for....

But, like current management, you don't really care...and that's okay.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Good point.
Yet this organization pays good money for these pathetic jersey designs. Merchandising is a massive part of the business, and the skate won't be around long.

We are completely freaking out over a jersey, this board sometimes...

Reactions: Canuck709

member 290103

Can't believe Aqualini is goign to saddle us with the worst GM in franchise history for the 50th season - well, actually, I guess that's fitting for this franchise.

I wish they would pull Francesco off as the point man for the team and put his brother in charge for a bit. Francesco is running the team into the ground.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Can't believe Aqualini is goign to saddle us with the worst GM in franchise history for the 50th season - well, actually, I guess that's fitting for this franchise.

I wish they would pull Francesco off as the point man for the team and put his brother in charge for a bit. Francesco is running the team into the ground.

Since Vancouver loves it's foreign investors, we should ask them to buy the team.
Or get a local guy with foreign hook ups!

VanCity15

Apr 8, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Good point.

I don't believe the Aquilinis paid good money for this uniform set. With the exception of the Skate, everything else is a cheap disaster: a green-less Orca with the same ugly constipated and corporate appearance; the continued use of bland and sterile Agency font with NO green bordering("let's just add a rain design on the numbers just to show that we DID something creative":thumbd:); butchering and dumbing down the classic Stick in Rink just to have the youngest fans like it; no white added to the green stripes on the alternate; no Johnny Canuck - not even as a shoulder patch.

Everything the Canucks did for their 50th anniversary branding was done inhouse along some Adidas reps. It was all done on the cheap. Same reason why the club has one of the smallest front office staffs in the league. The Aquilinis aren't the true Canucks fans that they claim to be. They bought the club and the arena just so that they can build towers onto the arena and surrounding areas.

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
So I finally saw the new 3rd jersey stick in rink IRL. It doesn't look as bad in person. I will at the very least grant it that. However, it's still a mind-boggling miss. The logo actually I was quite enamoured with. It is bright and sharp, and this iteration makes the C so much more prominent. Beyond that though the shirt itself falls apart. The white collar is thick and massive. Ugh. And the NHL brand at the centre of it is a super tacky silver chrome. Wow. And yeah the double green bands are wretched. They genuinely look like one of those knock-off jerseys you could get at Target or Zellers. This jersey had potential. You can see it.

Reactions: mossey3535

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
I have advocated for dropping the Whale since they implemented it as a way to get away from the halloween sweaters finally.

That said, my tin foil hat tells me that ownership's biggest concern over it is maintaining the trademark on it so it doesn't revert back to previous ownership for lack of use.

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
I wanna buy some new stick n rink merch, not the jersey tho. Looking for hats and shirts but nothing available anywhere. Anyone have info on when and if it'll be available?

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
Leafs fan here, so my opinion probably means little, but I've always liked some these concepts.

0223-liamjones-van.png

canucksjersy3.jpg

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
Half C half johnny canuck is disgusting
The logo may not be great, but I like the jersey colour concept though, as it's really unique IMO.

Side note: I've also always liked the Vancouver Giants logo and colour scheme, minus the black and silver one though.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I like the revamped plate of spaghetti Jersey but I won't spend the money until the team has a new direction.

Reactions: clunk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad