Canucks add Millionaires' "V" Patch to Third Jerseys, will wear jerseys Mar 16

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
I will pay $300 for anyone who can give me a fresh authentic of the Giants version of this in my size, which is presumably L, depending on the jersey make.

If you have one and want to sell it or know where to get one for cheaper and want to turn a quick profit, I'm your guy.

The only "authentics" were worn by the Giants during that game. There were replicas sold on the Millionaires site, which I currently have. Unfortunately for you, it's a Small.

And yes, I agree Shut up and TAKE MY MONEY!!

Might have to pick me up an Edler or Hamhuis in the Millionaires jersey.

The Bob Cole

Ohhhh Baby.
Apr 18, 2004
Centre Ice
I want that hat

Jan3113_kes13_blog.jpg

The hat and all the merch was in the Team Store last night. Should be in all locations (Robson and Rogers Arena for sure, likely the third location too).

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
I don't know if anyone will believe me, but I remember going to a Grizzlies game back in like 1998 and going to the team store and seeing them selling wool Millionaires jerseys. It was a truly amazing thing to see and touch, though at $200 it was a little pricey for 10 year old me.

Now that they are (presumably) re-introducing these, albeit in a modern sense, I will definitley find a way to get my hands on one. And the proper answer is maroon; the original Millionaires only had one colour, thats the one I'm sticking with.

And yes, the team is a year late with this. The PCHA started in January 1912.

The 1998 wool Millionaires sweaters were made by Ebbets Field Flannels in Seattle. Sadly, they don't make NHL licensed gear any more. I really really wish they could do a 61' or 62' Canucks sweater.

TacitEndorsement

Jul 2, 2009
Okay do we have enough symbols/jerseys yet? I franking love the design and the Millionaires design/color schemes, but my god, let's put a cap on the jerseys before we hit triple digits.

Cocoa Crisp

Mar 8, 2006
NYC
Ya too many logos. Can cut out both Johhny Canuck logos for my liking.

I agree. At the rate they're going, might as well add another patch for the fugly Flying V and the downward skate while they're at it. Of course that might look a bit congested with limited real estate. Possibly a Boy Scout type sash and just iron them all onto it? They can just wear the sash during the pre game skate and also during the shoot out...

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
I love the Millionaires patches, but there's something bothering me about this. It's an official acknowledgement from an NHL organization of Vancouver's 97 year cup drought.

Longest ever. This is worse than never having won a cup for me. :(

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I love the Millionaires patches, but there's something bothering me about this. It's an official acknowledgement from an NHL organization of Vancouver's 97 year cup drought.

Longest ever. This is worse than never having won a cup for me. :(

At least Victoria and Kenora will never win again. :naughty:

ARSix

Mar 12, 2012
The only "authentics" were worn by the Giants during that game. There were replicas sold on the Millionaires site, which I currently have. Unfortunately for you, it's a Small.

And yes, I agree Shut up and TAKE MY MONEY!!

Might have to pick me up an Edler or Hamhuis in the Millionaires jersey.

Fine then. Anyone know any former Giants players who might be willing to sell me their game-worn sweater? Cmon... please?

mavstar

No expectations
Aug 12, 2011
Vancouver
Okay do we have enough symbols/jerseys yet? I franking love the design and the Millionaires design/color schemes, but my god, let's put a cap on the jerseys before we hit triple digits.
I don't mind, we have the worst collection of jerseys in the NHL. I'd buy a classic Millionaires jersey in a heartbeat. Get rid of the ****ing orca and wordmark and maybe I'll buy a Canucks jersey. Maybe I'm too picky because I'm a designer, but all of our uniforms (past and present) drive me nuts, the only good things we have going for us are our colours and the Johnny Canuck shoulder patch.

VeteranNetPresence

Disco Super Fly.
Dec 8, 2011
Vancouver
just go back to the stick in the rink, like how buffalo did when they went to their inaugural jerseys. the orca and "vancouver" word-mark is awful, and the only thing saving those jerseys is the colour combination.
it should be:
primary: stick in the rink (doesn't matter if it's the styalized version or not)
3rd jersey: the black flying skate jersey
boom!!!!!!!!!!

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario

What, you don't think a team should presently have 5 logos representing themselves........?

JohnnyV_zps9c04fe62.jpg

JohnnyCanuck_zps50fa6927.jpg

Canuckssticknrink_zps1dcb3d0a.jpg

Canucksroad_zps0b88feb0.png

Canuckshome_zps747cb2f3.jpg

........and contemplating a 6th? Lol.

They really should combine them all, so we can celebrate true Canuckhood for all times:
canuckshybrid.png

Back on-topic - as I was quoted earlier in this thread, I was lucky enough to pick up one of the Millionaire jerseys when the Canucks bought out the namesake, treadmark, etc from that heavy metal singer (Thor?).
But if they release them in blue, I will be purchasing one.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Were the Millionaires and the Victoria Cougars (now Detroit Red Wings) in the same league way back? Might be a bit of a historical connection there too...

shandcraig

Feb 5, 2013
This V should be the Canucks main uniform

So this is just a quick rough concept. I dont know if people are realizing. The V patch on the 3rd jersey is a new modern design. It has just the outerlines of the V and the letters colored in white with the rest being blue as the uniform.

This is much better and easier for the letters to stand out. The old V would be bright white with other colors filling the letters only . I find that the older one looks tacky and does not show off the Vancouver Letters as much.

Im confused to why the canucks store is selling all new merchanise with just the old logo well the new 3rd jersey Patch is the new modern V.

Maybe this is a hint that they will reveal that same logo as the main crest for next years 3rd jersey. Anyways i believe that this is what the main uniform should be.Call it a day and go to the simple V as our identity. So sharp and represents us.

Here is my quick concept.
vancouvercanuckshomejeryo35_zps0a7f1a65.jpg

Here is a link showing the merchandise at the canucks store. Showing the 3rd jersey with the new V pach then the rest of the products all using the old V. seems odd to not sell products with the new V design.
https://twitter.com/CanucksStore/status/297468354766192640/photo/1

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
^ No. Don't see it working at all, honestly.

Anyways, can't wait to see those Millionaire jerseys in action!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad