Canucks add Millionaires' "V" Patch to Third Jerseys, will wear jerseys Mar 16

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Am I the only one who doesn't like the arm stripes?

But apart from that, I think it's a very nice jersey, but I like both our current one and the 90s one much more.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
xcro04.jpg

DCheive

Oct 25, 2011
Oiler/Bruin fan coming in peace. If that Millionaires jersey goes on sale to the public, I won't hesitate to purchase it. That is my favorite logo in all of professional sports.

ARSix

Mar 12, 2012
Oiler/Bruin fan coming in peace. If that Millionaires jersey goes on sale to the public, I won't hesitate to purchase it. That is my favorite logo in all of professional sports.
See this is what I'm saying. I'm tempted to get in touch with the team to try to buy one of the promo sweaters even if they DON'T sell them publicly. I mean for Christ's sake there has to be a way to buy these things.

Apple Juice

Oct 13, 2008
Vancouver
If anyone knows where I can get one of these Giants jerseys would they please let me know? It is far and away the jersey I most want and I was never able to find one anywhere.
Try the Canucks Team Store on Hastings Street near PNE. Last time I went there, which was almost a year ago I believe, I saw them selling Vancouver Millionaires stuff. Not necessarily jerseys but I know they had Millionaires apparel. Not sure about now though.

stickside

Oct 6, 2007
it all starts with a patch and a little bit of internet buzz to go along with a few articles of clothing. then a game on the 16th wearing the jerseys and full uniform and finally by next year it's a fullblown must have. marketing 101

Jarko2004

Sep 15, 2004
Vancouver Island
Better yet, Victoria Cougars.

Or the Victoria Aristocrats or probably "Senators" in the first 1911-12 season. Millionaires was also an unofficial nickname the first couple seasons.

If the Vancouver "Millionaires" were the first professional hockey team on the west coast as the article states, who did they play against? Oh yeah, the other first professional teams on the west coast, the New Westminster "Royals" (first season champion) and the Victoria "Senators" (first to challenge the NHA winner for the Stanley Cup).

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
I'd love to add the patch to the Twenty Eight Dollar Jersey.

LBSHgr3.jpg

a few things..

1. The first pro hockey game in Vancouver was on January 6, 1912. This celebration is a whole year late.

2. 3 v's? Why not replace the Johnny Canuck V patch on the shoulder? Adding this special patch to the front just makes it look clunky. It's not pleasing to the eye at all.

3. The Vancouver Millionaires are not the Vancouver Canucks. Go ahead and celebrate an "anniversary" but this better not become the Canucks third jersey. The Canucks need to stick to blue and green.

4. Really now. If we're going to talk about jerseys.. where the hell did that store display 1966 era white Canucks' sweater go? That's what the Canucks should be marketing.

5. How about a very light weight wool or dureen style sweater if we're gonna go old school. Reebok jerseys with their goofy collars and waists do not translate the old sweaters really well.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
5. How about a very light weight wool or dureen style sweater if we're gonna go old school. Reebok jerseys with their goofy collars and waists do not translate the old sweaters really well.

So much this. Durene...

famguy3.jpg

And I see I'm not alone in my dislike of the weird collars on Edge jerseys...

stickside

Oct 6, 2007
a few things..

1. The first pro hockey game in Vancouver was on January 6, 1912. This celebration is a whole year late.

2. 3 v's? Why not replace the Johnny Canuck V patch on the shoulder? Adding this special patch to the front just makes it look clunky. It's not pleasing to the eye at all.

3. The Vancouver Millionaires are not the Vancouver Canucks. Go ahead and celebrate an "anniversary" but this better not become the Canucks third jersey. The Canucks need to stick to blue and green.

4. Really now. If we're going to talk about jerseys.. where the hell did that store display 1966 era white Canucks' sweater go? That's what the Canucks should be marketing.

this x 1000

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
Or the Victoria Aristocrats or probably "Senators" in the first 1911-12 season. Millionaires was also an unofficial nickname the first couple seasons.

If the Vancouver "Millionaires" were the first professional hockey team on the west coast as the article states, who did they play against? Oh yeah, the other first professional teams on the west coast, the New Westminster "Royals" (first season champion) and the Victoria "Senators" (first to challenge the NHA winner for the Stanley Cup).

Check your sources. You're probably conflating Frank Patrick's Renfrew "Millionaires" with the Vancouver Millionaires.

chopkins

Super Bowl Champs
Aug 7, 2009
Vancouver
Wait, are they wearing the entire Millionaires jersey or is it just a patch? The article makes me think it's just a patch but the picture of Kesler seems to say otherwise. An entire jersey would be sick!

Edit: Just read above. So excited! Always love some vintage action.

ARSix

Mar 12, 2012
^My understanding is they'll wear the third jersey with the patch regularly as a third jersey, but will wear the full throwback version for one game.

When they wear the throwback, hopefully they put them on sale. I'll buy one for sure. But nonetheless, on the earlier discussion, I am going to put my money where my mouth is:

I will pay $300 for anyone who can give me a fresh authentic of the Giants version of this in my size, which is presumably L, depending on the jersey make.

If you have one and want to sell it or know where to get one for cheaper and want to turn a quick profit, I'm your guy.

Jarko2004

Sep 15, 2004
Vancouver Island
Check your sources. You're probably conflating Frank Patrick's Renfrew "Millionaires" with the Vancouver Millionaires.

Well my most recent and detailed source is the Craig Bowlsby book published a couple months ago, Empire of Ice: The Rise and Fall of the PCHA. Basically an over 300 page book primarily about the Vancouver Millionaires/Maroons. No official nicknames in the first season as was standard at the time (The Vancouver Hockey Club, The Victoria Hockey Club, etc).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad