Canucks add Millionaires' "V" Patch to Third Jerseys, will wear jerseys Mar 16

CookieCrumbs*

I guess I'll let you know on the 15th, lol.

I'm just assuming because nobody in their right mind is going to pay $300+ for a replica jersey.

Most people don't know the difference. I doubt they would issue authentics of these to be honest. They didn't for the 40th Anniversary jerseys either. I could easily see them charging $300ish for a customized replica.

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
It blows my mind how many people will buy an "authentic replica" and think its the same as what the players wear on the ice.
Fake jerseys usually have a lame fight strap sewn in that fools the casual fan into thinking they're getting a deal at just $250..

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
I love the Millionaires patches, but there's something bothering me about this. It's an official acknowledgement from an NHL organization of Vancouver's 97 year cup drought.

Longest ever. This is worse than never having won a cup for me. :(

Wrong. Longest ever without winning the Cup is Winnipeg. Last won in 1896. Winnipeg Victorias. 100+ years without winning.

I love these jerseys. Will be purchasing one in Vancouver when I'm there.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
Wrong. Longest ever without winning the Cup is Winnipeg. Last won in 1896. Winnipeg Victorias. 100+ years without winning.

I love these jerseys. Will be purchasing one in Vancouver when I'm there.

Ya but the Avco Trophy counts for like half a Stanley cup, so the Jets have won like 1.5 cups.

CorbeauNoir

Apr 13, 2010
Most people don't know the difference. I doubt they would issue authentics of these to be honest. They didn't for the 40th Anniversary jerseys either. I could easily see them charging $300ish for a customized replica.

My Red Wings 2009 WC jersey I believe is a replica since there's no fight strap, yet it has features that aren't typically found on EDGE's replica jerseys. The shoulder patches are properly sewn instead of those ugly leatherette things, there's no jock tag, and the fabric feels thicker and of higher quality. For the kind of price these Millionaire jerseys are going for I would have to imagine that since it's also a special one-off it would be of similar quality even if it's not identical to the ones fit for actual use.

HAMMY5

Jan 22, 2013
Abbotsford BC
Schneider Repping new gear possibly for the millionaires game?. He Wore his new glove and blocker against Minni and I Saw a glimps of new pads when he was on the bench in Columbus cant find any good pictures of them yet.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Is it safe to assume they have some ceremony or something at the start of this game? I want to take in the first two periods of the Hitmen game, but don't want to miss too much of this one!

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Is it safe to assume they have some ceremony or something at the start of this game? I want to take in the first two periods of the Hitmen game, but don't want to miss too much of this one!

There is this...

Tune in to www.youtube.com/canucks this Friday, March 15 at 4PM PT for a live CanucksTV broadcast that will kick off Millionaires weekend. The program, hosted by Joey Kenward, will include interviews with special guests, historical features and opportunities for fans to win Millionaires prizes. Viewers will also be able to interact and ask questions by using the YouTube comments section.

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=86493

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
549866_10151506516077145_2112096471_n.png

Luongo's new Millionaires mask

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Schneider really didnt even have to get new pads or mask lol. This is the only game they are wearing this scheme, and hes not playing (unless we see Luongo yanked, but thats not Vigneaults style)

HAMMY5

Jan 22, 2013
Abbotsford BC
I'll put money down that they play Schneider for this game .. Luo's last outing against Detroit was Gawd awful and I dont think he got new pads specifically for this game I would imagine he'll use them the rest of the year.

The Horvatian One

228 LBS of Pain
Aug 22, 2010
If the are selling me a replica for 300+ I have some yelling to do.

They're replica. I asked if there were fight straps and the team store rep said no. I just dropped $200 for a non-name bar one (picking it up tomorrow before work). Add the name later when I figure out who I want. I was gonna go with Edler, but Kassian is still who I'm hoping to have it's always been a battle between these two for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad