Post-Game Talk: Canucks 5 Preds 2: Van City steals Weber's ping-pong table and the kitchen sink too

Status
Not open for further replies.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
no, it's Schneider's job, end of discussion

So? You do whatever it takes to win in the playoffs

Where did I say for him not to do this in the playoffs? I'm talking about doing that every single game during the regular season. Thanks for assuming I was talking about the playoffs though. :handclap:

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Jesus I knew the Preds were bad, but not that bad. Avs are 4 points back of them with 2 games in hand. Flames are 2 back with 3 games in hand (including tonight's game).

I hope they get a chance at an elite C prospect or Drouin. The fans there deserve a bit of offensive to brighten their days, Nashville is a honestly run team and pleasant fanbase. MacKinnon/Barkov/Drouin this year and then another one next year to go with Forsberg and they can move forward pretty comfortably.

ValidVick*

Kassian is such a beauty. He's going to be a force in the playoffs I can feel it.

ruiner

Feb 20, 2013
So? You do whatever it takes to win in the playoffs

I think his point was that we're not in the playoffs yet. But yes once the playoffs start Burrows and Lapierre both need to play how Burrows was tonight.

Edit: Whoops didn't see he replied already. My bad.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Where did I say for him not to do this in the playoffs? I'm talking about doing that every single game during the regular season. Thanks for assuming I was talking about the playoffs though. :handclap:

I think his point was that we're not in the playoffs yet. But yes once the playoffs start Burrows and Lapierre both need to play how Burrows was tonight.

We can't flip a switch, we need to ramp up for the playoffs, if we play passive going into the post season they we will be screwed. We need to be in playoff mode

I was talking about going down the stretch (right now) going into the playoffs

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I just want to pile a little extra love on Kesler tonight. Great game.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
image.php

ruiner

Feb 20, 2013
We can't flip a switch, we need to ramp up for the playoffs, if we play passive going into the post season they we will be screwed. We need to be in playoff mode

We do NOT need Burrows getting hurt ramping up for the playoffs. You can't flip the energy switch when you've been playing lazy all season but you can flip the pest switch.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
what? He had a great game. Just because he didn't score doesn't mean he didn't do anything

If he didn't mix it up with Rinne at the end I would say his game wasn't memorable at all, and if that's the only thing he did to be noticed tonight then he really didn't have that good of a game. 1 shot on goal, no points, I wouldn't say he looked better than an average 3rd/4th liner tonight.

ValidVick*

Not sure I agree. He didn't really do anything tonight.

Kassian isn't a sniper last I checked and did his part well. Need some emotion on this team and he's one of the few players with heart right now.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011

I was talking about going down the stretch (right now) going into the playoffs

Yeah, that's fair enough, but the post I originally responded to was talking about Burrows playing like that all of the time. By all of the time, I was assuming that poster meant every single game the Canucks play. That simply will take too much of a toll on him throughout an entire regular season. The refs let Burrows get murdered without calling penalties. If he were to play like that for an entire season, he'd be injured for the majority of it. I have no problem with him ramping it up down the stretch to the playoffs though.

ruiner

Feb 20, 2013
Kassian needs to bring a little more energy to his game still. He's floating around half the time not bothering to put enough effort into retrieving a loose puck or clearing the zone.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Defensively I would be concerned if we are playing Alberts at all. He's a terrible defenseman and didn't look great again tonight IMO. Hopefully Tanev gets back to full health quickly.

Totally disagree. Thought he was the best value for money D man tonight. loved how he came in at the end during the Kassian tussle.

ValidVick*

If he didn't mix it up with Rinne at the end I would say his game wasn't memorable at all, and if that's the only thing he did to be noticed tonight then he really didn't have that good of a game. 1 shot on goal, no points, I wouldn't say he looked better than an average 3rd/4th liner tonight.

He's 22 years old man give him a break. Every player can't get a point every game. He didn't mess up once this game and didn't make mistakes. Give credit where credit's due. Besides, you know why he's playing like a 3rd/4th liner? Because he's on the 3rd/4th line. If he's on the first 2 lines, he plays the part of a top 6 forward.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Totally disagree. Thought he was the best value for money D man tonight. loved how he came in at the end during the Kassian tussle.

Wasn't he the goat on our 2nd goal against when he let Butler cut right in? Or was that someone else?

I liked how he came in for Kassian for sure, but I want that out of all our players. Alberts gets exposed way too much for my liking.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

No doubt. Played another very solid game, just as he has for the last 2-3 weeks.

HankieDankie

Feb 24, 2012
Vancouver
Being a solid 3rd line player at 22 years old on a contending team is pretty good, especially if you consider the package that Kassian brings.

Loving Kesler and Garrison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad