Post-Game Talk: Canucks 5 Preds 2: Van City steals Weber's ping-pong table and the kitchen sink too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Liked what I saw from Kassian tonight.

Also, generally liked Alberts play recently as well. I think when Tanev comes back, Ballard is the #7 guy. Especially in the West, we need a guy like Alberts who can play 15 decent minutes of banging against forecheckers and keeping them honest.

Nice to see the PP coming around with Kesler. He really is the locomotive on this team.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Watched part of this game with the Nashville feed. Had some good broadcasters, I have to say. But their calls on Vancouver goals sounded roughly the same as them noting that a guy has dumped the puck off and gone for a line change. With a grainy feed I couldn't really tell if the Canucks had scored because there was just zero change in their intonation. :laugh:

They did have this nugget too: "Nothing changes – Kesler dominating the Predators."

yeah they call it a fair game but they might be the dullest crew in the NHL. their broadcasts would make good a insomia cure. Jack Edwards might be a one-eye douch but he's not boring - these guys are the anti-Edwards.

check out the Garrison goal

http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2012020628

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
garrets right , burrows needs to be a pest , he needs to play like that all the time

That takes a huge toll on the body when you're being a pest against huge players like gill and weber, especially when the refs hate your guts and let you get absolutely mugged without calling anything.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Looking at the scoreboard tonight - I'm pretty sure a so-called "washed-up overpaid backup goalie" now has a higher save percentage than Carey Price.:sarcasm:

Look, I'm getting a bit tired of having to remind people around here, that "aging" has to be included in any comment about Luongo.

sigh.

:sarcasm: (just in case)

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
So...will Luongo win the spot back in time for the playoffs?
At this point, it doesn't matter to me; it's just a nice feeling not having to worry about that part of the equation (either goalie will be fine and if one falters, the other can easily take over).

Worry about the off-season....when we get to the off-season.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
damn it Wild is beating flames 2-0.........would be need if they lose the game so the gap is wider and Wild less game to catch up......

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Well the team is extremely injured, nobody is playing well for the preds. I dont think its just suter.

The Preds are 30th in team scoring. I think Suter's offensive contributions were underestimated, and chasing off Radulov was a derp move.

Lundface*

At this point, it doesn't matter to me; it's just a nice feeling not having to worry about that part of the equation (either goalie will to fine and if one falters, the other can easily take over).

Worry about the off-season....when we get to the off-season.

Bingo

Hard to go wrong. If one struggles you turn to the other guy. Having two goalies that can flat out steal you games is quite the luxury

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Nice to see some potent offense. Probably the best they've looked in that regard in well over a year, even if it has been against the dregs of the league.

They're going to need to up their puck possession game though. They're not going to continue to shoot at 13-14% like they have been recently and they're obviously not going to get to play a selection of the bottom 5 teams in the league like they have for most of the last 3 weeks.

Cautiously optimistic, but I'll wait to see how they perform against some real competition when the play St. Louis, Detroit, Chicago, and Anaheim before I get too excited.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

Also, generally liked Alberts play recently as well. I think when Tanev comes back, Ballard is the #7 guy. Especially in the West, we need a guy like Alberts who can play 15 decent minutes of banging against forecheckers and keeping them honest.

Nice to see the PP coming around with Kesler. He really is the locomotive on this team.

I think the Ballard/Alberts choice will be interesting. I would keep Alberts back there and play Ballard on the fourth line as he's also great insurance if one of our d-men goes down with an in-game injury which is a given on our team.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I'd like to see them take the leash off Lapierre for the playoffs as well.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Don't really care who our goalie is for the playoffs, don't think it really matters. I think we've seen (including tonight) that we can get good goaltending from either of them. What concerns me the most is our offense, but that second line looked good tonight. Only change now would be to put Schroeder in over Ebbett.

Defensively I would be concerned if we are playing Alberts at all. He's a terrible defenseman and didn't look great again tonight IMO. Hopefully Tanev gets back to full health quickly.

Finkle is Einhorn

Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
Jesus I knew the Preds were bad, but not that bad. Avs are 4 points back of them with 2 games in hand. Flames are 2 back with 3 games in hand (including tonight's game).

ruiner

Feb 20, 2013

Tanev's a bit small to be taking playoff punishment every night at 185. He seems to take a lot of big hits when he's not paired with Ballard and that's not something you want to see night after night. Ballard is shorter but a lot tougher than Tanev is and roughly 210. So as usual, who knows what AV will do.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
So...will Luongo win the spot back in time for the playoffs?

no, it's Schneider's job, end of discussion

That takes a huge toll on the body when you're being a pest against huge players like gill and weber, especially when the refs hate your guts and let you get absolutely mugged without calling anything.

So? You do whatever it takes to win in the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad