Post-Game Talk: Canucks 5 Preds 2: Van City steals Weber's ping-pong table and the kitchen sink too

Status
Not open for further replies.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
So anyone want to explain to me what happened at the end with weber and rinnie and Kassian? how did kassian get 2 10min misc and weber only end up with one?

watch Mak's video about 8:10

Rinne pointless gave a hard crosscheck in the back to Kassian (away from the play) for no reason other than his team was losing and he was letting in lots of goals and grumpy. If it had have been a skater Kassian probably would have dropped the gloves and smashed and been well within his rights.

Kassian wasn't going to put up with it so turned around skated straight up to Rinne nose to nose and gave him a couple of light crosschecks. No damage was done to Rinne at all.

Weber came in and gave Kassian a whack, but the ref was there and pushed Kassian away to the wall and held him there. Josi came rushing in then pissed his pants when he realised Weber wasn't there and just stood around. Weber arrived and decided to rough up Kassian who was being held by the ref, one arm free Kassian and Weber had a bit of a push and shove and Weber threw a few punches (mostly harmlessly).

Josi then got brave when Weber and Kassian engage and started trying to punch kassian from behind while the ref and Weber held him.

Lapierre came in and grabbed Josi, who then went all quiet when faced with a 1 on 1 with an opponent not being held down and facing him. Alberts grabbed Weber in a scrum

And that's about it. Nothing really happened apart from the crosscheck on Kassian by Rinne, Kassian trolling Rinne, some facewashes and some weak punch attempts.

Last edited:

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
oh snap were playing again tomorrow.

CELEBRATE!

xlarge.gif

Bioshock gifs>

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
watch Mak's video about 8:10

Rinne pointless gave a hard crosscheck in the back to Kassian (away from the play) for no reason other than his team was losing and he was letting in lots of goals and grumpy. If it had have been a skater Kassian probably would have dropped the gloves and smashed and been well within his rights.

Kassian wasn't going to put up with it so turned around skated straight up to Rinne nose to nose and gave him a couple of light crosschecks. No damage was done to Rinne at all.

Weber came in and gave Kassian a whack, but the ref was there and pushed Kassian away to the wall and held him there. Josi came rushing in then pissed his pants when he realised Weber wasn't there and just stood around. Weber arrived and decided to rough up Kassian who was being held by the ref, one arm free Kassian and Weber had a bit of a push and shove and Weber threw a few punches (mostly harmlessly).

Josi then got brave when Weber and Kassian engage and started trying to punch kassian from behind while the ref and Weber held him.

Lapierre came in and grabbed Josi, who then went all quiet when faced with a 1 on 1 with an opponent not being held down and facing him. Alberts grabbed Weber in a scrum

And that's about it. Nothing really happened apart from the crosscheck on Kassian by Rinne, Kassian trolling Rinne, some facewashes and some weak punch attempts.

Good summary. Can't really understand why Kass got 4 minutes though.

And we have had about the last 6 pages arguing over our D.

Tanev, Hamuis have been steady eddy's. Edler to a large extent too, though not to read these boards. Kev, Garrison, Ballard and Alberts have all been all over the map in terms of good and bad play. Barker has been borderline OK considering the salary. But value for money Alberts has been great considering we need his physicality.

Last edited:

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Edler was a beast in this game. Solid play and recently he's been a lot better on the PP aswell. Handling and passing the puck very well although the shooting hasn't quite been there. While he has had an inconsistent and arguably a weak season, in the last few weeks being paired with the brainless Bieksa has really dragged him down as I think he has improved quite a bit himself.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
Edler was a beast in this game. Solid play and recently he's been a lot better on the PP aswell. Handling and passing the puck very well although the shooting hasn't quite been there. While he has had an inconsistent and arguably a weak season, in the last few weeks being paired with the brainless Bieksa has really dragged him down as I think he has improved quite a bit himself.

he took monster runs at at least 3 guys ...great to see
i also think Alberts has been quietly very good of late, Ballard not bad too.
Bieksa has been our worst dman this past stretch ...

that 2nd period was awful

nice to see they can find some goals when they need, i guess that was the missing piece .... now lets see how if they can find a little consistency of effort to go along with. That and a bit of luck and the post season could be interesting. More of the 2nd period, and we're F'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad