Post-Game Talk: Canucks 4, Stars 3: Hansen successfully escapes from prison, falls over

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Bob Cole

Ohhhh Baby.
Apr 18, 2004
Centre Ice
Was anyone else irritated that Roussel had his visor on and his chin strap done up snug in his fight with Kassian? Considering he was the one who went after Kass...

Or the fact that Zack tried to take his helmet off while Roussel jumped the gun and lunged in with punches right away. That's why Kass was so ticked off after in the penalty box...

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Totally agree that Burrows looks like a third Sedin out there. Dare I say it looks like he has more chemistry with them than ever. Surely the points will follow shortly.

LightningBurrows

ThreatLevelMidnight
Jan 3, 2009
Vancouver BC
Somewhat off-topic but, I don't think it's threadworthy.

What do you guys use to watch full highlights online? I usually use NHL.com which is pretty much un-usable, laggy, ads 4 times a video. Looking for a better alternative.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011

What do you guys use to watch full highlights online? I usually use NHL.com which is pretty much un-usable, laggy, ads 4 times a video. Looking for a better alternative.

makaveli's youtube highlights. :handclap: i think he's already posted them in this thread.

just type in 'makaveli canucks' on youtube and his account will show up. CanucksHD does goal-by-goal vids.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
I really think we need to consider putting Kesler as a winger at some point. Make him a hybrid winger with him taking the faceoffs for Schroeder.

He just doesn't distribute the puck enough, and I feel it's evident that his linemates are being dragged down by him.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華

Wow guys, turn it down a notch.

Kesler blasting ****** rap music? I'm shocked. :sarcasm:

Let them enjoy the win, though. Last season our team looked like it was just going through the motions every time they scored or won a game, so it's nice that the fire is back.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria

Wait for Makaveli's highlights.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
Hossa practiced today, could play tomorrow against the Sharks. Says he didn't suffer a concussion.

Glad to see his "injury" wasn't all that serious. Now I guess we can just chalk this whole incident up to another Blackhawk flopping around and diving :laugh:

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Read through the GDT, had a chuckle at the Kesler hate. Kes and Booth are showing good progression. I don't think their is any denying the power play is now a lot better now that Kes is back on it. He's been going at a PPG rate for a reason.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
I really think we need to consider putting Kesler as a winger at some point. Make him a hybrid winger with him taking the faceoffs for Schroeder.

He just doesn't distribute the puck enough, and I feel it's evident that his linemates are being dragged down by him.

Kesler has too big of an ego to not play centre.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Kesler has too big of an ego to not play centre.
Well I do think he takes a lot of pride in playing his position, the barrier to this likely the coaching staff. I think you're going to need a much more compelling (and veteran) center than Jordan Schroeder (like Getzlaf or Weiss) to convince them that their is upgrades to be had.

Last edited:

StringerBell

We don't really have any spare centers on the roster though.

Wizeman*

The complaint isn't that he is currently sucking (although it does help the main cause), its the way he's sucking.

First of all he's been poor defensively. Secondly he's still trying to be Ryan Snipin' Kesler. He's at his best playing an elite grinders game.

Lets see if you can grasp this:

Ready? Sitting down?

Hes been out for 9 months with 2 different and difficult surgeries. 9 months. :shakehead
That is a hell of a long time for any player to be out without playing any kind of hockey game whatsoever. How the hell do you come back from that and be at the same level as all the other players ??? Thats virtually impossible. For any player. Ever

Hes played 4 games. 4 lousy games. He has to play with an overgrown rookie who has yet to even begin to grasp the defensive side of the game, and Higgins, who is no Selke candidate but can hold his own when the stars are right.

And in those 4 games he has 4 points. I find that amazing he has 4 points already.

Now, he has made numerous RUSTY mistakes , one tonight that outright led to a goal. He is -3 to show how inept he has been at times.

Hes scoring a 58% face off percentage. Again excellent.

Your obvious anti Kesler stance is showing. All the Kesler trolls come out from deep underground every time they THINK they can take a shot at Ryan. All to go back down deep underground when he starts to dominate again.

Well, its been 4 games. He has 4 points. Hes doing well. His timing and thus his defensive game will get back to Selke levels once he gets used to his linemates as well.

My question for you is simple

Who is your favorite Canuck player? Lets go knock him around for a while. :handclap:

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
People are complaining about Kesler? Why? I thought he's looked pretty damn good for a guy who has been out as long as he has.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
People are complaining about Kesler? Why? I thought he's looked pretty damn good for a guy who has been out as long as he has.

Mostly because he has has spent the past 4 games hemmed in his own zone. He's a huge help on the PP, but he's really sucking at ES right now.

He has managed to be on the ice for 6 ES GA in 4 games while Henrik has been on for 4GA in 16.

Zarpan

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver

Yep, he's certainly no worse than most of the Canucks were in the first few games of the season after the lockout. And he doesn't have the benefit that they did of having most of the opposing players being just as rusty. Lest we forget, the rustiness of most of the players made Dale Weise look like he could be an all-star for a few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad