Post-Game Talk: Canucks 4, Stars 3: Hansen successfully escapes from prison, falls over

Status
Not open for further replies.

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
Guessing you missed the 2011 playoff, where prior to being hurt, Kesler was our best player.

You think a "grinding 50 point player" is more important to winning a cup then the guy who shut down Towes in the first series and then pretty much flat our won us the second series?

Anyway people need to chill out on Kesler.

There is no way he is going to get back to pre-injury form in less then 10 games and it will probably be more like 20 games.

In the mean time he's made an impact on our special teams and has helped in the face off circle.

Even strength hasn't been great, but he's gone right back to playing the tough minutes, because unfortunately there isn't anyone else to do it right now.

Well I agree with most of what you have said, the one major thing is if Kesler does not turn his game around this season I think it might be time to trade (I'm a huge fan of top end Kesler). We have had basically the same core for awhile now, eventually you have to change it up.

Kesler has at least made our PP respectable again, hopefully in 10-15 games he can make our second line lethal again.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Well I agree with most of what you have said, the one major thing is if Kesler does not turn his game around this season I think it might be time to trade (I'm a huge fan of top end Kesler). We have had basically the same core for awhile now, eventually you have to change it up.

Kesler has at least made our PP respectable again, hopefully in 10-15 games he can make our second line lethal again.

I change coaches long before I give up on this core. (Although I do support adding a vet with leadership abilities). Kesler hasn't played hockey in almost a year, give him some time to get back to speed.

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
I change coaches long before I give up on this core. (Although I do support adding a vet with leadership abilities). Kesler hasn't played hockey in almost a year, give him some time to get back to speed.

I did say after this season, I never said in 2-3 games. "If" we were to fail again this season the core has to change and the Sedin's aren't going anywhere. I am a huge fan of Kesler but my problem he used to make people around him better and last season he had the opposite impact. If we get shades of 2010/11 Kesler back we'll be a very good team, if we get 11/12 Kes we aren't going anywhere (pre-injury).

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
I did say after this season, I never said in 2-3 games. "If" we were to fail again this season the core has to change and the Sedin's aren't going anywhere. I am a huge fan of Kesler but my problem he used to make people around him better and last season he had the opposite impact. If we get shades of 2010/11 Kesler back we'll be a very good team, if we get 11/12 Kes we aren't going anywhere (pre-injury).

He's not going anywhere. Gillis won't ask Kesler to waive his NTC. And it would be met with so much hate from the fanbase that I don't think Aquilini would let him.

The best long-term move is to shift Kesler to the wing. I think the team is aware of that but right now they're just not in a position to do that. I think he would look good with Schroeder (after JS gets the necessary experience) as Jordan isn't someone that needs to carry the puck all the time to be dangerous. Their speed would work well together and Kesler would finally have someone to set him up for his shot. Imagine if it was Kesler on a few of those chances that Schroeder set up last night.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Everyone wants a Selke-winning 2nd line centre. I think the coach loves him there too.

I don't see Kesler moving to the wing at all. He looks great out there.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Everyone wants a Selke-winning 2nd line centre. I think the coach loves him there too.

I don't see Kesler moving to the wing at all. He looks great out there.

Yet we've heard from a few sources, including Gilman, that some in the Canucks organization want him to play on the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad