Post-Game Talk: Canucks 4, Stars 3: Hansen successfully escapes from prison, falls over

Status
Not open for further replies.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Give kesler, and for that matter Booth, time to learn or relearn the system and teammates tendencies.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Kesler and Booth will be about getting their timing back. Booth will need a week or two to get his skating legs going, too.

medgett

Oct 1, 2007
Coquitlam, BC
In another thread today, I, with many others, talked about all the things wrong with Garrison's game so far and I have to say that this was probably his best game. Maybe he reads hf :sarcasm:

I didn't actually see the third, but based on what I saw from the first two periods, he was much better and coming up with the play and I'm not suprised to see that it led to him being involved in the offense. I still thought there were a lot of moments where he should've given himself more time with the puck and more still where he had time and made a play around the boards instead of finding a man. I can think of one specifically on the PK in the first where he had plenty of time and tried to ring it out and Goligoski held the line. With a little more poise he had enough time to turn and make an easy play down the ice. That said, its a bit knit picky. If he's this involved at both ends of the rink on a consistent basis, I have no issues with him or his contract.

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
I think that Kelser is starting to get up to speed a bit but it will probably take another five games or so before he starts to show flashes of the old Kesler. It's probably not a coincidence that our winning streak ended and we went on a skid when we put rusty Kesler back in the lineup, but it has to be done and I hope the worst is behind us. It seems pretty normal for a team to sag a bit when a key player returns from injury and player's routines change so I'm not surprised.

Karter

Feb 16, 2012
Sherbrooke
I'd like to say what I think of Roussel but this is a PG website. The comments on the vid say it all though. :)

Visor on, starts throwing punches while Kassian is taking his off, gets the first few in and still gets his ass kicked.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I'd like to say what I think of Roussel but this is a PG website. The comments on the vid say it all though. :)

Visor on, starts throwing punches while Kassian is taking his off, gets the first few in and still gets his ass kicked.

I hate to admit it, but seeing Roussel grimacing in pain after taking that shot from garrison made me smile a bit.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I kind of feel like Schroeder's long outlet passes to a streaking Raymond would work really well with Booth's style of goalscoring. Hoping that Raymond - Schroeder - Booth becomes a thing, freeing up Hansen to play with Kesler and possibly Kassian

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
the next time the stars and nucks meet. roussel+kassian round 2. or whoever on the nucks wants to tune him off. take his bucket off and pound his face.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
Lets see if you can grasp this:

Ready? Sitting down?

Hes been out for 9 months with 2 different and difficult surgeries. 9 months. :shakehead
That is a hell of a long time for any player to be out without playing any kind of hockey game whatsoever. How the hell do you come back from that and be at the same level as all the other players ??? Thats virtually impossible. For any player. Ever

Hes played 4 games. 4 lousy games. He has to play with an overgrown rookie who has yet to even begin to grasp the defensive side of the game, and Higgins, who is no Selke candidate but can hold his own when the stars are right.

And in those 4 games he has 4 points. I find that amazing he has 4 points already.

Now, he has made numerous RUSTY mistakes , one tonight that outright led to a goal. He is -3 to show how inept he has been at times.

Hes scoring a 58% face off percentage. Again excellent.

Your obvious anti Kesler stance is showing. All the Kesler trolls come out from deep underground every time they THINK they can take a shot at Ryan. All to go back down deep underground when he starts to dominate again.

Well, its been 4 games. He has 4 points. Hes doing well. His timing and thus his defensive game will get back to Selke levels once he gets used to his linemates as well.

My question for you is simple

Who is your favorite Canuck player? Lets go knock him around for a while. :handclap:

:help:

Look buddy. I can admit that Kesler is a fantastic player than many teams in the league want. I have already admitted that I do not like his playstyle at centre, not his ability (which by all means are fantastic).

I make it abundantly clear that my issues with Kesler aren't because of him coming back from serious injuries and sucking. My issue stem from that fact that he's been sucking for more than a year and a half.

I was harping on him during his 40goal, selke winning campaign. I noticed bad habits back then, that are even more evident now. I was flamed back then, flamed now and yet I will still continue to call Kesler out on his ****** habits because I feel him playing as a 50point grinding, shutdown center is more effective to winning the Cup than a 70 point sniping center.

Derp Kassian

Jul 14, 2012
Vancouver
:

I was harping on him during his 40goal, selke winning campaign. I noticed bad habits back then, that are even more evident now. I was flamed back then, flamed now and yet I will still continue to call Kesler out on his ****** habits because I feel him playing as a 50point grinding, shutdown center is more effective to winning the Cup than a 70 point sniping center.
In a playoff run maybe.. Not during the season Canucks need him as a second wave to the Sedins.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010

lol yeah its not at all understandable why a completely marginal borderline 23yr old NHLer who just made it this year would be so amped to fight a top prospect (for an organization that roussel was a part of) that he wouldn't pull off his helmet

like, it was clearly an act of cowardice and something else really bad + evil that he got lost in the heat of the moment of a fight in a hockey game

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
I don't really want to see Kassian break his hand on some chickenpoo's visor. I wish Gillis claimed Garrison's brother to do this sort of stuff. How much evidence does Gillis need that the team disagrees with his vision of a skilled, soft team surviving on the powerplay? Perhaps Gillis thinks this is team toughness? I think it's a valuable player filling an obvious, glaring omission in the make-up of his team. I imagine if Vancouver had landed Nash he'd be on the fourth line duking it out with role players and still leading the team in goals?

Hire a goon and let Garrison be the top six guy he seems capable of becoming.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
favourite part of the game was vigneault almost having a dallas breakdown 2.0 when rome almost decapitated newell brown when he fired the puck at the canucks bench

decent game by the canucks, not convinced it was a turning point or anything and the forwards still need to help out the d alot more in defensive zone coverage but solid game nonetheless

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
I think my only issue with Kesler is why AV can't help but give him 21-22 minutes a night coming off such a long lay off. Why not work him back into the line-up a bit like anyone else? At least at ES they should be protecting his minutes a bit more.

Still generating chances though.

Potatoe1

Oct 5, 2004
"I feel him playing as a 50point grinding, shutdown center is more effective to winning the Cup than a 70 point sniping center."

Guessing you missed the 2011 playoff, where prior to being hurt, Kesler was our best player.

You think a "grinding 50 point player" is more important to winning a cup then the guy who shut down Towes in the first series and then pretty much flat our won us the second series?

Anyway people need to chill out on Kesler.

There is no way he is going to get back to pre-injury form in less then 10 games and it will probably be more like 20 games.

In the mean time he's made an impact on our special teams and has helped in the face off circle.

Even strength hasn't been great, but he's gone right back to playing the tough minutes, because unfortunately there isn't anyone else to do it right now.

Potatoe1

Oct 5, 2004
I think my only issue with Kesler is why AV can't help but give him 21-22 minutes a night coming off such a long lay off. Why not work him back into the line-up a bit like anyone else? At least at ES they should be protecting his minutes a bit more.

I agree but, the way the lines are constructed atm there isn't really a group that can take the tougher ice time.

Sedins and Burrows should be taking offensive zone draws. Line 3 has a rookie center and David Booth who's defensive reads have been dreadful his 2 games back. Line 4 can help on draws but you probably don't want them doing much more then that against the other teams top players.

I don't think you can hide Kesler atm, he's just going to have to pick up his defensive game.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON

They really should be protecting him. He's 2nd last in possession on the team after 3 games (only Higgins behind him who plays on the same line) and pretty sure it didn't get any better after last night. They're getting killed out there at ES and while that's not all on Kesler (it's very much on AV too), obviously people will get frustrated with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad