Post-Game Talk: Canucks 3 Panthers 2. EP down. Life not worth living.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Talk on SNET 650 about how Boeser got injured last year and there was no response either. "Hard to play against."

You mean the injury where Boeser tried to hit someone and hurt himself? Should they have fought Boeser or the bench gate?

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
What blew me away, even as far as "reactionary canucks fans on twitter" go, was how many people were wishing Tortorella were still around. Yeah, the most putrid coach in all of Canucks history, a history that literally includes Mike Keenan, would somehow fix this scenario? As if his petulant tunnel display was actually something worthy of worship, and not a perfectly-embarrassing encapsulation on the historic awfulness that was his tenure?

Everyone bringing up the Hamonic payback fight like it was actually a net positive for the Flames...Hamonic got ****ed up! What do you think happens if "not my captain" Bo Horvat steps in for some pushback? Lose your top 2C in one game? Thanks for the season, here's a 20% chance at first overall? So we can send a message to ****ing Florida who we play twice a year?
Wouldn't want you as a teammate, that's for sure. All your principles would get in the way of giving a shit that your teammate and star rookie just got f***ed up.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
And I suppose if he sent players out specifically for retribution, it would make him....not a coward???? lmao

It would just send a message that the team actually cared for one another. That they weren't just going to let their young rookie get clobbered without any push back. Why am I even replying to your post, you don't get it.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I was checking my Twitter. It's like the whole Canuck fan base just snapped, many negative comments in the Canucks official twitter. Not responding to Petterson getting hit is becoming a PR storm. Clearly no one cares about that win.

And then they go about bragging about the win. It is like the entire organization is absolutely tone deaf. They don't read the fan base at all, or seem to know what the hell is going on.

I don't want another Bertuzzi incident, etc. But this has been handled disastrously.

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
You mean the injury where Boeser tried to hit someone and hurt himself? Should they have fought Boeser or the bench gate?
That's fair, I agree the Boeser play probably wasn't a great example. That was a freak accident.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Let me get this straight; we lose or star player and there wasn’t even a gloved punch or a face wash thrown at the panthers player? That’s the definition of cowardice and bs from the team.

I don’t even think the hit was that dirty if it was dirty but we have seen cleaner hits have pushback which we didn’t have tonight

Hit was clean. Throwdown after was dirty.

Reactions: Grip it N RYP it

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
Green wants to try to make the playoffs and protect his job: fair enoug. But surely Green realizes that if the canucks don't protect Pettersson and he is injured for any significant amount of time this season that their playoff hopes are 0% anyway?

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
Green and the players should be held accountable for having no response to what happened.

Benning better do something to send a message.
Fire coach , waive the plugs, and/or trade soft players

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
That was a fun game.
Till Pettersson got rung up.
Game 5.
5 Game scoring streak.
Tweetie birds.

Other parts of the game:

Nilsson looked good.. the PK looked good.
D played well overall.. didnt feel like Nilsson had to make that many big saves.

Beauty snipe by Pettersson. PPG to boot.
Roussel with a rough start as a Canuck, but with a sweet finish. Virtanen with a nice dish to send him in.. Roussel reciprocates later. 18 should had a couple pts on the night.
Horvat is off to a great start to the season.. game winner... 3 on the season now.

Hopefully Pettersson recovers 100%.. hate for him lose ANY processing speed.

Will look forward to the next Fla game...

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Talk on SNET 650 about how Boeser got injured last year and there was no response either. "Hard to play against."

The funny thing about that is the Boeser incident was used as justification by the team and hoards of fans for extending Gudbranson and signing Roussel as deterrents to prevent something similar from happening in the future. That worked out well..

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I'm.not even 100% convinced nobody did anything because of strict orders from Green. Like, of course that's going to be Green's narrative after the fact. He's not going to throw his team under the bus. Usually sticking up for your teammates is an unspoken thing. You don't react or not react based on your coach's orders.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Hit was clean. Throwdown after was dirty.

Not really we see that all the time but arguing if it’s dirty or not isn’t a hill I’m willing to die on.

What happens now if mattheson misses the next game, do we wait a year or two years for revenge

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
It would just send a message that the team actually cared for one another. That they weren't just going to let their young rookie get clobbered without any push back. Why am I even replying to your post, you don't get it.

It's hard for you to admit you're responding emotionally and not rationally, which I can understand. Believe me, this will make sense in ~4 years when the Canucks are cup contenders...

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
I personally think the initial contact from Matheson was fine. Pettersson went horizontal because he's slight. It's the part where Matherson threw him down the ice one handed that I have a problem with. It's not the dirtiest play in the league, it's far from the dirtiest play this season, but really my issue is with the lack of response. You need something in response.

Isi

Sep 4, 2016
And then they go about bragging about the win. It is like the entire organization is absolutely tone deaf. They don't read the fan base at all, or seem to know what the hell is going on.

I don't want another Bertuzzi incident, etc. But this has been handled disastrously.
and because it's been initially handled disastrously, the chances of a shitty incident in the next Panthers game has increased as our tough guys skate around trying to make amends

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad