Post-Game Talk: Canucks 3 Panthers 2. EP down. Life not worth living.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Even the casuals on CDC who suck up to everything are pissed about this.

Missed the game and just saw this now.

Despicable.

Any update on EP?

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Vancouver has a false perception that they are a playoff team.

So that's why they didn't respond. Show them on the scoreboard.
Only problem is the player hurt is the most important player on the team by 10

Reactions: SillyRabbit

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
"Honest question, does gudbranson step up if it's not his former team?"

If by stepping up, you mean utter death threats. Then yes, of course.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Some people seem to be misunderstanding why this is going to be a huge issue for Canucks Nation. It has nothing to do with retribution or violence:

1) 90% of the fanbase doesn't give two shits about 90% of the roster, outside of EP;
2) Our organization has signed boatloads of crap players to "insulate" the youth. PR has largely been that we need these players to avoid this exact situation.

That's it.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
What is the point of players like Gudbranson and Roussel on this team exactly? What the actual ****.

I am not blaming Guddy and Roussel on this one when the Coach was the one that stopped anyone from making a response. The blame lies on Green.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Green's rational, measured response won't go well with our meathead fans here.
What blew me away, even as far as "reactionary canucks fans on twitter" go, was how many people were wishing Tortorella were still around. Yeah, the most putrid coach in all of Canucks history, a history that literally includes Mike Keenan, would somehow fix this scenario? As if his petulant tunnel display was actually something worthy of worship, and not a perfectly-embarrassing encapsulation on the historic awfulness that was his tenure?

Everyone bringing up the Hamonic payback fight like it was actually a net positive for the Flames...Hamonic got f***ed up! What do you think happens if "not my captain" Bo Horvat steps in for some pushback? Lose your top 2C in one game? Thanks for the season, here's a 20% chance at first overall? So we can send a message to f***ing Florida who we play twice a year?

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
Talk on SNET 650 about how Boeser got injured last year and there was no response either. "Hard to play against."

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Games like tonight remind me why, even with Pettersson and some of the other elite talent coming in, this team has sooooo long to go in order to change their aura in Vancouver. Like, congratu-f***in-lations, you got your two points. Problem is, most of the fans hate your guts right now. This is on top of fans already despising the front office.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
So after getting all the facts straight it was Travis Green that told the team not to go after Matheson.

Coward.
And I suppose if he sent players out specifically for retribution, it would make him....not a coward???? lmao

Reactions: lousy

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Let me get this straight; we lose or star player and there wasn’t even a gloved punch or a face wash thrown at the panthers player? That’s the definition of cowardice and bs from the team.

I don’t even think the hit was that dirty if it was dirty but we have seen cleaner hits have pushback which we didn’t have tonight

Reactions: Grub

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad