Post-Game Talk: Canucks 3 Panthers 2. EP down. Life not worth living.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
2 minute minor dirty...2 minute minor dirty doesn't rise to the level of Armageddon....however there should have been SOME response, even if it was skating over to him and shaking him around a little.
Exactly. People who have never played team sports don't get how much something like that resonates. It doesn't have to be a blood bath! It's all about the gesture of letting the other team know that's not acceptable, and what that means to YOUR team, especially the victimized player.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
I wonder what Pacific division teams are thinking watching this.. Pettersson hunting season?

Sooo if one of the Canucks players had grabbed Matheson and forced him to fight the next time another player saw a chance to hit Elias they would pass it up because they're... afraid? Do you seriously believe that?

Just admit you want to see violence, you want to see the guy who hurt your guy get hurt because you have a bunch of emotions. It's fine. Don't pretend there's a strategic concern here, it's embarrassing.

Pettersson is going to be a target no matter what. It's up to the refs to penalize fouls. Body slamming a guy into the ice is not a hockey play. It's dangerous and violent. But it's the sort of thing the refs just seem to miss over and over. The NHL kinda sucks.

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
Scoring a goal in the ensuing power play? Yeah, inexcusable.
I'd honestly rather see the team go after Lewis than score a goal there. Good teams will find a way to score and back each other up. The pushback doesn't need to be immediate either.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Exactly. People who have never played team sports don't get how much something like that resonates. It doesn't have to be a blood bath! It's all about the gesture of letting the other team know that's not acceptable, and what that means to YOUR team, especially the victimized player.

Exactly, teammates stick up for each other, yea I never played high level hockey but teammates stuck up for each other at any level

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
The next question should be; if there’s is no need for response in a situation like this then what good is players like rousell, gudbranson and scheller?

Reactions: NuxFan09

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
No I don’t need revenge, but a response in the form of an invitation to fight, gloves punch or something was needed.

Or do you think no response was the better option

I'm happier with no response than an overblown response...but yes, there should have been SOMETHING, even if it was a little bit of rag dolling.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
To sum it up, I believe sticking up for your teammate after something like that is as much a message to that player and your OWN team as it is to the other team. It a not just about bloodlust and a need for violence and retribution. It's about showing that you have a good damn pulse!

Reactions: MS and VibinCanuck

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Sooo if one of the Canucks players had grabbed Matheson and forced him to fight the next time another player saw a chance to hit Elias they would pass it up because they're... afraid? Do you seriously believe that?

Nothing wrong with a clean hit but they might think twice about cheaply body slamming him... duh

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
To sum it up, I believe sticking up for your teammate after something like that is as much a message to that player and your OWN team as it is to the other team. It a not just about bloodlust and a need for violence and retribution. It's about showing that you have a good damn pulse!

Yep, it's about showing that you care.

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
No IMac, I dunno if you watch any teams outside of the Canucks, but there's not only a black and white outlook on this. You don't need to drop everything and throw the game out in order to push back. You can play hard, throw some hard, clean hits, and take your pound of flesh. The Canucks didn't do any of that, they played softer afterwards.

This guy's pretty annoying to listen to.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
No IMac, I dunno if you watch any teams outside of the Canucks, but there's not only a black and white outlook on this. You don't need to drop everything and throw the game out in order to push back. You can play hard, throw some hard, clean hits, and take your pound of flesh. The Canucks didn't do any of that, they played softer afterwards.

They didn't even follow him around the ice and whack his legs and ankles. Do something ffs

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
I think you are truly missing the point. We do not need revenge, we just needed a response.

I didn't miss anything, you've missed reading my other posts. I've said there should have been a response...a measured response...but it doesn't matter if there is one now, the moment has passed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad