Post-Game Talk: Canucks 3 Panthers 2. EP down. Life not worth living.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
You don't need to have our guy going after their guy. What you do need is push-back to show that the team is playing for one-another. Remember 2013-14 young Colorado team, after one of the Colorado players got injured Patrick Roy went berserk on the bench vs Anaheim.

Any guy on the team can push back, it doesn't need to be a dirty hit, in fact it shouldn't be a dirty hit back. But it can be a fight or whatever, but the best is to rally the team to play for each other. After Patrick Roy did what he did, it sent a message to the players, that they are playing for each other. The Colorado Avalanche won the presidents trophy that year. The message we sent to the team is that they don't play for each other and don't rally behind each other. Which is a terrible message to send.

I'm not asking for someone to hurt the other players team, far from it. Anyone of our guys could have stood up tonight, could have been Baertschi or Gudbranson, doesn't matter. What does matter is team moral, and we don't want to end up like the Oilers where nobody is playing for each other and we don't actually develop any sort of team chemistry. Remember the McDavid injury? No push back, nobody is playing for each other.

Look at the Vegas Knights, a big reason I think a lot of their guys played well is because they were playing for each other. I think that a lucky season, like the Colorado Avalanche and the Vegas Knights had can be generated through getting the team to buy into themselves, I truly believe that. I do not think it is sustainable over multiple seasons. However, it can be used to start a team CULTURE. Which I think is absolutely critical to the team going forward, especially a young team.

This might seem hypocritical to what I said in that Calgary game, it might go against what I said. But seeing the only bright spot of the canucks go down and have 0 response. That's tough...

Say what you want about Lucic, but since Lucic has been in Edmonton, nothing like that has ever happened again to McDavid.

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010

What is this? A disconnect between management and our head coach? I was a fan of Green before tonight. Don't like choosing 2 points over responding after our franchise gets his head slammed into the ice.

EDIT: Also not sure why you can't choose to try and win while also making them pay physically along the boards.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
He has a concussion. The first test was tonight and the team failed, on purpose.

It's a good thing you have Dr in your name or I might've had to ask you how you came upon this knowledge. It's not a concussion every time a guy loses his balance while getting up. I agree it didn't look good but let's not jump to conclusions.

Reactions: m9

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
It's a good thing you have Dr in your name or I might've had to ask you how you came upon this knowledge. It's not a concussion every time a guy loses his balance while getting up. I agree it didn't look good but let's not jump to conclusions.
Dude his head slammed the ice from five feet up. Official report is a 'head injury.' It's a concussion, you don't need to be a doctor to know that.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Dude his head slammed the ice from five feet up. Official report is a 'head injury.' It's a concussion, you don't need to be a doctor to know that.

I'm not sure his head got slammed onto the ice from the video I saw and I'm not sure he has a concussion. I'll wait for the team to finish evaluating him first before jumping to conclusions. Again, hoping for the best because it didn't look good.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
I'm not sure his head got slammed onto the ice from the video I saw and I'm not sure he has a concussion. I'll wait for the team to finish evaluating him first before jumping to conclusions. Again, hoping for the best because it didn't look good.

Even if it’s declared by doctors that it isn’t a concussion and only whiplash, why take the chance. Keep him out a week for precautionary measures. This is our franchise player.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Benning assembled this gutless team...so if his best player is getting head-hunted, then he's getting what he deserves. So based on the response, or lack of it, get used to it. Canucks best players like Pettersson and Boeser will continually get targeted, with basically zero push-back. Pathetic.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
You have no idea what you are talking about. I do have an MD and routinely assess people for concussions. EP has a concussion...how bad is yet to be determined.Try putting down the Kool-aid and remove the Management Issued rose glasses.

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
I defended the canucks and the Sedins in particular for trying to avoid penalties by not responding to the Bruins' antics in 2011. But in that instance the Stanley Cup was on the line. In this instance 2 points in a completely irrelevant regular season were on the line. There should have been a big response by the Canucks to that hit on Elias tonight.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
What also bothers me is that after the incident there were multiple hits by Florida. Not dirty ones or bone crunching ones, but noticeable hits. Didn't see any of that from the Canucks. Just use one of the hits as an excuse to start something if you don't want to get in trouble for skating across the ice to go after someone.

Say what you want about Lucic, but since Lucic has been in Edmonton, nothing like that has ever happened again to McDavid.

Kassian as well ;)

You have no idea what you are talking about. I do have an MD and routinely assess people for concussions. EP has a concussion...how bad is yet to be determined.Try putting down the Kool-aid and remove the Management Issued rose glasses.

Yikes, how embarrassing

Reactions: nuck luck

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Huge black mark against Green tonight.

Why ever use toughness in a sentence again if your best player getting abused is not reason enough to get angry and ugly.

Win was more important than sticking up for your family?? The only message taken from this entire night and game league wide is we are a bunch of selfish p***yes and you can act however you seem fit to abuse our best players.....Green is an idiot for endorsing it and the fact that the entire team didn't turn into a bunch of angry wasps after that moment said a lot about who these players are and the culture that is clearly missing.

I dont get it. This was a chance to build a family not create distances between the organization and the players. All the mentorship and character bullshit goes out the window when the cause becomes bigger than the individuals health and well being...are we that scared of taking some abuse to make a statement these days?
Makes all the toughness statements useless lip service.

Hugely disappointed in the team top to btm....Green the most.

Last edited:

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017

Since you obviously haven't examined EP what leads you to believe so confidently that he has a concussion? Genuinely asking because I'm not a medical doctor and don't have the knowledge you do on this subject.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
Since you obviously haven't examined EP what leads you to believe so confidently that he has a concussion? Genuinely asking because I'm not a medical doctor and don't have the knowledge you do on this subject.
Okay...a violent blow to the head, possibly briefly unconscious (laying flat out on the ice), clearly dazed, rubber legs....all point to an acute mTBI or concussion.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Okay...a violent blow to the head, possibly briefly unconscious (laying flat out on the ice), clearly dazed, rubber legs....all point to an acute mTBI or concussion.

Nah man. EP was clearly faking it. Coach Green should just put him in against Boston. Nothing can potentially go wrong there.

Reactions: pgj98m3

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017

Is it possible that, given that information you mentioned, he didn't suffer a concussion on the play or maybe did suffer something else such as whiplash?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad