Post-Game Talk: Canucks 3 @ Hurricanes 5 | Sorry, Jyrki21

Who takes this one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Just a heads up...

Thinking back to prior to game 1... Del Zotto missed a practice - he may not be healthy, hence a potential scratch to get Hutton a look.

Based on how they’ve looked with their play and coach’s usage, Stecher is way more likely sitting to bring in Biega than Del Zotto sitting to bring in Hutton. I suspect that’s not how it will go..

I will assume those practice pairings are accurate... I.e. one of Stecher or del Zotto is sitting.... based on ice.. it’s Stecher... based on potential health issues.. it’s Del Zotto.

Also the longer we can hold out on having Biega in the lineup, the better.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
One would probably do well if they just bet on the Canucks to lose every game this season... and although this should be a fairly even match up, I’ll predict the ‘Canes take it 5-4 in OT.

Pettersson, Boeser, Sutter and Virtanen for the Canucks.

Foundational Player

Benning the Incompetent
Mar 27, 2008
BC
Onward with the tank in pursuit of a high lottery pick and the inevitable downfall and demise of the Jim Benning experiment which has been nothing short of a calamity to date.

On a more serious note would be nice to see the guys actually play some defence tonight and stay out of the damn penalty box.

Will be chapped if Stetcher is benched for the likes of Del Saster or Pouliot on the backend.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
With MDZ coming out, the burning question we all have is who will take over the locker room music?

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
With the Del Zotto healthy scratch Jim Bennings July 1st 2017 is more and more turning into the Forgetable Five

Patrick Wiercioch - hasnt played in the NHL since the signing
Alex Burmistrov - NHL career over after 24 games with the Canucks
Sam Gagner - waived after year 1 of his $9.45m deal
Anders Nielson - one of the worst back ups in the league (though that D doesnt help)
Michael DelZotto - Del Saster finally scratched which should have come a long time ago

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
With the Del Zotto healthy scratch Jim Bennings July 1st 2017 is more and more turning into the Forgetable Five

Patrick Wiercioch - hasnt played in the NHL since the signing
Alex Burmistrov - NHL career over after 24 games with the Canucks
Sam Gagner - waived after year 1 of his $9.45m deal
Anders Nielson - one of the worst back ups in the league (though that D doesnt help)
Michael DelZotto - Del Saster finally scratched which should have come a long time ago

The 2018 class could look similar pretty soon..

Schaller is useless and struggled to even get in a game. Beagle could conceivably get the Gagner treatment as soon as next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: kanucks25

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
The 2018 class could look similar pretty soon..

Schaller is useless and is struggling to even get in a game. Beagle could conceivably get the Gagner treatment as soon as next year.

2016 - $36m completely wasted
2017 - $22.15m completely wasted
2018 - $27.8m about to be wasted

what a great GM we have! Thats $86m down the toilet

Reactions: THE Green Man

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Just a heads up...

Thinking back to prior to game 1... Del Zotto missed a practice - he may not be healthy, hence a potential scratch to get Hutton a look.

Based on how they’ve looked with their play and coach’s usage, Stecher is way more likely sitting to bring in Biega than Del Zotto sitting to bring in Hutton. I suspect that’s not how it will go..

I will assume those practice pairings are accurate... I.e. one of Stecher or del Zotto is sitting.... based on ice.. it’s Stecher... based on potential health issues.. it’s Del Zotto.

Also the longer we can hold out on having Biega in the lineup, the better.

Yes. We don’t want to mess with our 5 goals against average!

Reactions: geebaan

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Well it may have prevented the team from applying a much needed price break on tickets once the team descended into crapulence.

It also shows a sign of poor management, and most of the people on here are fans of this team and want it to be competently managed regardless of how much money they're committing to it.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Well it may have prevented the team from applying a much needed price break on tickets once the team descended into crapulence.
Exactly. I think some of these guys just dont get it :shakehead

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Baertschi getting a demotion and he deserves it, still mind-boggling they gave him 10 mil over 3 years despite having a very poor final stretch last season.

I think it's ultimately up to Horvat and Boeser for that line to get going and I don't expect Leipsic to revive but giving it a new look doesn't hurt.

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I've been waiting for Baertschi to get dropped... It should help the depth of the lineup.

Atho I was hoping that Horvat-Boeser would be carrying the scoring on his line when it happened tho... so this move isn't without the risk of making the Horvat line completely inadequate 5on5.

Still wanna see Roussel in that spot when he gets his legs under him. Could play a Hansen-Sedins-type role along side 53-6

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad