Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
6-4 Canes, our goals: 3 by Boeser , 1 by Virtanen

Reactions: Ori

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Anyway thanks for the discussion @Boom Boom Apathy - maybe I was wrong and they are better, and it`s difficult to evaluate sometimes. I voted on Carolina, because we were on the road with a young team, but enjoy the game for sure! :nod:

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
It's a bit of a weird road trip. Start in Calgary, down to NC and Florida, Pittsburgh, then Winnipeg.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Anyway thanks for the discussion @Boom Boom Apathy - maybe I was wrong and they are better, and it`s difficult to evaluate sometimes. I voted on Carolina, because we were on the road with a young team, but enjoy the game for sure! :nod:
They're also a team that can't really spend to the cap (and then some) like the Canucks. Course, depending on the GM - being restricted from bidding on high priced free agents might not be a bad thing....

Still, you have to take that into account (especially since free agent D's - especially the top 4 ones that happen to reach free agency are always going to cost you a fair bit of money).

Anyhow....time for some Gregory Helms:

Reactions: kanucks25

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
Boeser is living proof of the sophomore jinx.I hope he can get the monkey off his back soon.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Boeser is living proof of the sophomore jinx.I hope he can get the monkey off his back soon.

He will. I think it's a combination of many things:

1) Natural sophomore slump
2) Not having a full off season to train
3) Ill advised training program where he bulked up and sacrificed speed (youth stupidity)
4) As the new top pairing and not having the Sedins' deflect pressure, Brock faces all of the Top lines and defensemen of other teams.

I called it before the season started.

1) Brock will have a sophomore slump.
2) The Media and the Chicken Littles' will panic and will start to question Boeser and possibly attack Benning and/or (illogically) criticise Green's usage of him.

The end game in all of this will be Boeser having an excellent come back next year, or even the year after, and shutting everyone up. But yeah - this year will be a struggle for him in my opinion.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Pettersson reminds me a bit of Aho actually. They have the same kind of shiftyness and smartness. The way they fake going the other way and go the other is very similar. Pettersson is not as fast and smooth of a skater as Aho but more crafty with the puck and in tight spaces.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Greetings from Raleigh, everyone!

Half the breakfast room of my hotel was decked out in Rangers’ gear, and one woman was wearing her Eric Staal Canes jersey the next day... which is weird.

I’m in a Hartford Whalers shirt. :innocent:

i ruined my whalers jersey for a halloween zombie costume in the early 90s.

regret

Reactions: Jyrki21

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
canes seem like the biggest disconnect between on paper and on the ice in the league. i'd feel more bad for them if it weren't for that cup.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
Those are actually decent lines. Baertschi on that line could be a good fit and Leipsic, being a train wreck defensively, was miscast in the bottom 6. MDZ scratched is joy inducing, hopefully Gudbranson and Pouliot are in the crosshairs too.

BlueGreen

Jan 3, 2018
He might be playing injured. He doesn’t look like the same player we saw last year so far. He’s slower and not making the best decisions with the puck. Even his shot looks off.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008

Let's hope this means Del Zotto is scratched. Can't believe this guy's a staple in the lineup.

It could also mean both Stecher and Hutton are scratched and Biega draws in tomorrow. Considering Stecher only played around 12 minutes on Saturday and Hutton is forever in Green's doghouse, this is a real possibility.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
It could also mean both Stecher and Hutton are scratched and Biega draws in tomorrow. Considering Stecher only played around 12 minutes on Saturday and Huttonis forever in Green's doghouse, this is a real possibility.

This is exactly what I think is happening.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
It could also mean both Stecher and Hutton are scratched and Biega draws in tomorrow. Considering Stecher only played around 12 minutes on Saturday and Hutton is forever in Green's doghouse, this is a real possibility.

This is what is happening, I’m sure of it. Biega will bring his usual 110% effort, but the rest of the D corps is basically trying to use toy buckets and shovels to bail out the Titanic.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
He might be playing injured. He doesn’t look like the same player we saw last year so far. He’s slower and not making the best decisions with the puck. Even his shot looks off.

He's admitted his back still isn't 100%. I hate this team's medical staff so much.

Would be easily believable as Stecher was I thought really good last game. Broke up some really dangerous Calgary rushes into the zone, was using his stick well and wasn't being shoved around like he usually is. Naturally that puts him in the crosshairs for healthy scratching in the Bizarro World we currently live in. Hutton's obviously a marked man on Green's team.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Wow Baertschi demoted allready.Playing Pouliet and Gudbranson together..is Travis wanti g us to loose this game...
As per usual every year,Baertschi looks anonymous at the start of the year..He's a streaky scorer,so I expect him to start scoring sooner than later...If not,he will be a healthy scratch (Green did it last year,I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate to do it again)...That whole first line really needs to kick it up a notch.

Pouliot and Gudbranson were a pairing in both games against the Flames..I don't think that they have been scored on yet..The Stecher/MDZ pairing has looked like more of a liability out there.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014

Let's hope this means Del Zotto is scratched. Can't believe this guy's a staple in the lineup.

Good for Lipesic he deserves it. And quite seriously Baertchi has looked INVISIBLE. Should have traded him well he had some value cause right now with Boeser and Horvat slightly struggling offensively Baertchi looks USELESS. Maybe he will pick it up HIMSELF too we will see. Hopefully

Good for the Huttster to get back in there too, hopefully he shows he deserves to be there cause i think most of us know he does over some of the other options

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad