Injury Report: Canucks 2017-2018 Injury Thread

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Hero ? Who called him a hero ?

Im the one saying its just a bruise. Get out there and lead.

Soft mentality is soft... its what serperates the public to the pros. Its also whar seperates the average pro to the great pro.

Same people who are worried and want him to sit and play it safe are same people who believe in
" participation awards"

If he can play he will play. Nothing heroic about it.

So wait... You are not being sarcastic?
You want him to play through the injury?

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
So wait... You are not being sarcastic?
You want him to play through the injury?
Only NHLers can do anything while injured. The rest of the populace stops working. Sprained an ankle, take the month Mr Officeworker. Got blisters from your work boots, time to take 2 weeks off.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I dont mind the posters who suggest he should sit and rest his bruised foot. Everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter how soft it is.

Aa ive stated, i want him to play through this bruise. Were not talking about a dislocated shoulder or a sprained knee or a bulging disc in his back where there is a high chance of re-injury or further damage.

What i do find LAUGHABLE are the posters who suggest he is being rushed back to play simply to sell tickets and suggesting that Boeser has no opinion on the matter.

1. He has performance bonuses inserted in his contracts. If he hits those markers we can be talking about 500k to 2 mil.

2. This is his 2nd year of his ELC which means he can sign his RFA contract this summer. Now were talking about him possibly making 5mill to 8 mill a year. From 2 yrs to 8 yrs extension. Literally millions of dollars.

So...do you think boeser wants to play through this bruise too ?? Or is this just management and coaches pulling all the strings.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Yea i want him to play through a bruise. What a crazy idea !

So do you not know or care that playing with a bone bruise on your foot can lead to further complications?

Bone bruise is a mild form of fracture. Just like strained ligament is a mild form of a torn ligament.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
So do you not know or care that playing with a bone bruise on your foot can lead to further complications?

Bone bruise is a mild form of fracture. Just like strained ligament is a mild form of a torn ligament.

Thats fine. Like i said. I understand your mentality and living safely..

As long as you dont come in here w. The BS that management and coaches are pressuring or forcing him to play

Reactions: DL44 and Nomobo

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Thats fine. Like i said. I understand your mentality and living safely..

As long as you dont come in here w. The BS that management and coaches are pressuring or forcing him to play

Just to clarify; It's not about "living safely" its about risking a players long term health during a season where we wont make the playoffs.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
It's interesting — a lot of NBA teams, starting with the Spurs, have gotten into the habit of benching even healthy players for rest purposes, in order to keep them fresh come playoff time and avoid long-term injuries.

NHL teams are still on the other end of the spectrum — healthy players rarely sit out just to rest, and guys are still expected to play through minor or even moderate injuries. It's part of the whole "hockey players are tough" mindset. But it does kinda seem like an inefficiency and you wonder if some smart teams might eventually try to exploit it by doing things differently.
I have been shrieking on here for years for squad rotation... I still don't understand why it isn't a thing in the sport with probably the most grueling schedule.

Reactions: Dissonance Jr

HSD19

Feb 19, 2009
Hope Sutter is back soon. Team has desperately missed him and Dorsett.
Yeah defnitley miss Sutter... I mean Gaunce has filled in defensivley in the same role but defnitley miss his offensive production of 2 goals (one being empty netter). Team looks lost without the foundational peice.

Reactions: dim jim and Peter10

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I have been shrieking on here for years for squad rotation... I still don't understand why it isn't a thing in the sport with probably the most grueling schedule.

a) players get paid partly on based points history, sitting games = less points

b) insufficient depth, the difference between 1st liners and spares ie sitting Boeser for Chaput or Horvat for Megna.

Last edited:

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
While some sensitive chap has confiscated my like button, I still very much like this. In the last couple months of the season I'd be shuffling bodies around or leaving someone like Tanev home for a quick 2 game roadie. Teams try to squeeze everything possible out of players thinking that every point is life and death then lose game 1 at home to a team they finished 8 points ahead of and see what it was all worth.

And that's assuming you're better off always playing your best 18 guys vs keeping things a bit fresh. Big soccer club managers would think nhl coaches are insane.

Reactions: Jyrki21

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
Yeah defnitley miss Sutter... I mean Gaunce has filled in defensivley in the same role but defnitley miss his offensive production of 2 goals (one being empty netter). Team looks lost without the foundational peice.

Yeah, and apparently because his last name is Sutter people think he is a tough physical player

Listen up people: HE ISN'T

The most aggressive thing he has ever done is speak publicly about a rookie's gonads (while totally lacking them himself)

Sutter is a wallflower, the kind of guy who when a scrum breaks out, looks for the guy on the other side who doesn't want to fight, the two grab each other a pretend to be "involved"

Reactions: dim jim

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
It's interesting — a lot of NBA teams, starting with the Spurs, have gotten into the habit of benching even healthy players for rest purposes, in order to keep them fresh come playoff time and avoid long-term injuries.

NHL teams are still on the other end of the spectrum — healthy players rarely sit out just to rest, and guys are still expected to play through minor or even moderate injuries. It's part of the whole "hockey players are tough" mindset. But it does kinda seem like an inefficiency and you wonder if some smart teams might eventually try to exploit it by doing things differently.

There is a rule in the NHL

A Team is required to ice it's best line up possible

Anf, for the most part, I think teams follow it

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015
hutton.

i do not like edler and i want to see him gone bad. hes a horrible, stupid teammate.

doesnt pass to wide open boeser on the PP as evident of last game.

has tunnel vision, lacks hockey IQ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad