Post-Game Talk: Canucks 1, Blue Jackets 0: Lappy saves the day as Columbus sails away to the East

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Oh yeah, Garrison's great defensively! I love that about him so far. It's just his shots are so... random. It's almost pointless to have Burrows in front (or the powerplay in general) if you're not getting the shot through.

I think he injured someone from Columbus tonight, not sure who it was though. He hasn't injured anyone on our team yet, I don't think. Hansen had a close call tonight, and another time in the foot by Garrison's shot. Earlier in the season, he dumped the puck into the zone with a slapshot, but of all places to shoot, he shoots it right at Lapierre's foot, nearly injuring him.:shakehead

Yeah... just a little bit frustrated with that. at least we won tonight!:laugh:

Anisimov.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Apparently Luongo was "watching a game feed" on that iPad all game long but it wasn't working he said. He joked he should have been playing poker lol.

Has anyone else ever seen a backup goalie playing w an iPad during a game??

So odd.

TheFinch

Feb 10, 2013
Shootout is 6.

Hey I really liked the highlights man and always have. Gotta keep it lighthearted sometimes and I only get to listen to the majority of games because of work. Teams really impressing me of late and i hope they can keep working together since that is what it's going to take in this years (possible) playoffs. We might be injured. We might not be playing to our full potential. It might look like a road to tough to succeed through. But damn me if I don't love my canucks Win or Lose if they play as a solid unit you would be surprised what they can accomplish.

Bravo Makaveli thank you for your videos they are top class material. :yo:

Finkle is Einhorn

Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
Garrison was an absolute monster tonight defensively. Just beating every Columbus forward to pucks, setting up great breakouts, shooting some bombs at Bobrovsky, and even showing some offensive poise jumping up into the rush.

Hate to break it to you, but he was TSN's unanimous choice for biggest free agent bust, so you're probably mistaken.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Hate to break it to you, but he was TSN's unanimous choice for biggest free agent bust, so you're probably mistaken.

For real? Wow...

Garrison's been great, from where I'm sitting.

I thought the Canucks outhustled the Jackets for the majority of the game, which was quite encouraging. Ugly game aesthetically, but the team was working hard.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
For real? Wow...

I thought the Canucks outhustled the Jackets for the majority of the game, which was quite encouraging. Ugly game aesthetically, but the team was working hard.

TSN was going on and on about how he's not producing with us, IIRC. So basically, they're stat watching.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I agree. Garrison was a monster tonight, he's worth every damn penny of that contract. Vancouver hockey fans need to be patient sometimes, Garrison has done everything we've wanted from him and maybe even more. Great, great signing by GMMG, especially in market where Dennis Wideman was getting 5.25 million :laugh:

Finkle is Einhorn

Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
For real? Wow...

Ferraro also said something along the lines of he wasn't contributing on the PP, which was technically true seeing as how he had about 26 cumulative seconds on the man advantage up until that point.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
As much I hate to see the 'Nucks lose, Bobrovsky has evolved into my favorite player in the league. So... this night was kind of awesome.

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
Just another reminder of what a silly cash grab this shortened "season" is. Teams are exhausted from the compressed schedule and it's showing. Season should have been cancelled as soon as it hit December.

Agreed 100%, this season should not be happening.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
They blocked 27 shots tonight.

apparently the canucks also blocked 16 so uh, i'm a little dubious of both of these numbers

i think the canucks shot counters fell asleep too

edit: for what its worth i missed about 7 mins at the start of the first so there could have been a disproportionate number of blocks at that time for both sides

i just dont see the rangers comparison. they played a different style of boring as **** hockey and this game was honestly not as bad as people are saying

edit: for example, the rangers were somewhat decent defensively. the blue jackets here were literally as bad as you can be

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
Dominant effort tonight, but a great outing by Bobrovsky. We were airtight defensively. Full credit for the win.

This team is playing the way it has to - hard - to pick up wins with the roster they're icing. Schneider looks like an All Star.

Good times right now. Keep it rolling.

Zarpan

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
TSN was going on and on about how he's not producing with us, IIRC. So basically, they're stat watching.

You'd figure that someone like Olli Jokinen would be a much better choice even if they were just stat watching. Sure his contract is only for 2 years, but he's basically producing the same offence as Garrison as a forward, while being absolutely lit up defensively.

47% faceoff win percentage, high offensive zone starts, poor corsi numbers, and -15 in 34 games. Ouch.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver

hahahha! "If you were at this game, you'ld understand" says Lou. That's great.

Seriously, I don't think I've ever seen a game where the HIGHLIGHTS were this boring. Aside for Hamhuis making the rad toe save and Lappy's shootout move, there wasn't any reason to even watch the game. That's about 40 seconds of entertainment in 2 and a half hours. Terrible.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I made a mistake earlier. I looked at Yahoo Sports tonight and saw Bob got a shutout and assumed he won it in the shootout but now I see the 'Nucks won tonight. Best possible outcome this evening. :yo: Five straight wins now.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Happy I decided to hit the pub for this one. Not as focused on the game + beer = not a bad night.

HAHA... Basically this. Another dull game regardless of the outcome. Glad we picked up the 2pts but boy is this team ever life draining to sit through.

NonBruinHatingCanuck

May 28, 2011
i missed all of the game but overtime.. And saw Hansens breakaway in OT and thought that was pretty exciting... From the comments it sounds like I got to see the only exciting part. Was it really THAT boring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad