Post-Game Talk: Canucks 1, Blue Jackets 0: Lappy saves the day as Columbus sails away to the East

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squall

Mar 22, 2013
Wow that was a boring game.

I feel like Hamhuis was the only Dman who knew how to get the shot to the net. Garrison was just swinging his stick around hoping it would hit the net. As powerful as his shots are, he's taking everybody down with it. Hope Hansen wasn't injured by it.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
It wasn't the Canuck fault, at least they were forechecking and didn't just whack the puck down the ice at the first sign of any pressure. They actually tried to make plays and were trying to win. Columbus was an embarrassment to the league tonight, as were the officials who let Columbus hook, hold and tackle their way to a single point.

Just another reminder of what a silly cash grab this shortened "season" is. Teams are exhausted from the compressed schedule and it's showing. Season should have been cancelled as soon as it hit December.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Wow that was a boring game.

I feel like Hamhuis was the only Dman who knew how to get the shot to the net. Garrison was just swinging his stick around hoping it would hit the net. As powerful as his shots are, he's taking everybody down with it. Hope Hansen wasn't injured by it.

Has he injured anyone on our team, hansen seemed fine? He injured stastny i know the other night which was good for us.

He was great tonight if you ask me, was a rock in his own zone again and had a few nice rushes up ice.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
It wasn't the Canuck fault, at least they were forechecking and didn't just whack the puck down the ice at the first sign of any pressure. They actually tried to make plays and were trying to win. Columbus was an embarrassment to the league tonight as were the officials who let Columbus hook, hold and tackle their way to a single point.

Pretty much how I feel. Too much was left uncalled. Dragged the game down into the mud, where CBus wanted to play it.

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
It wasn't the Canuck fault, at least they were forechecking and didn't just whack the puck down the ice at the first sign of any pressure. They actually tried to make plays and were trying to win. Columbus was an embarrassment to the league tonight, as were the officials who let Columbus hook, hold and tackle their way to a single point.

Just another reminder of what a silly cash grab this shortened "season" is. Teams are exhausted from the compressed schedule and it's showing. Season should have been cancelled as soon as it hit December.

As much as I was missing hockey, I totally agree with you.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
AV should win the jack Adams winning 5 straight with this lineup.

2 weeks ago he was a day away from being fired.

If fans were GMs this team would be a mess and Chris Tanev would play 55 minutes a night.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
AV should win the jack Adams winning 5 straight with this lineup.

2 weeks ago he was a day away from being fired.

If fans were GMs this team would be a mess and Chris Tanev would play 55 minutes a night.

If were giving av the jack adams for 5 games then schneider gets an automatic vezina along with it.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
haha
Paul Bissonnette ‏@BizNasty2point0 5m Hey @strombone1, you catching up on Real Housewives of Vancouver? @NHL pic.twitter.com/hsKfALl30q

Squall

Mar 22, 2013
Has he injured anyone on our team, hansen seemed fine? He injured stastny i know the other night which was good for us.

He was great tonight if you ask me, was a rock in his own zone again and had a few nice rushes up ice.

Oh yeah, Garrison's great defensively! I love that about him so far. It's just his shots are so... random. It's almost pointless to have Burrows in front (or the powerplay in general) if you're not getting the shot through.

I think he injured someone from Columbus tonight, not sure who it was though. He hasn't injured anyone on our team yet, I don't think. Hansen had a close call tonight, and another time in the foot by Garrison's shot. Earlier in the season, he dumped the puck into the zone with a slapshot, but of all places to shoot, he shoots it right at Lapierre's foot, nearly injuring him.:shakehead

Yeah... just a little bit frustrated with that. at least we won tonight!:laugh:

ferroid

Mar 22, 2010
Garrison was an absolute monster tonight defensively. Just beating every Columbus forward to pucks, setting up great breakouts, shooting some bombs at Bobrovsky, and even showing some offensive poise jumping up into the rush.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
There were apparently 79 shots directed towards their net. Some were blocked. Other were wide i'm guessing because they were in the lane.

They weren't really blocked due to any sort of sacrifice ala the Rangers. Canucks are quite good at just firing shots into people

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Garrison was an absolute monster tonight defensively. Just beating every Columbus forward to pucks, setting up great breakouts, shooting some bombs at Bobrovsky, and even showing some offensive poise jumping up into the rush.

What else is new?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->