Post-Game Talk: Canucks 1, Blue Jackets 0: Lappy saves the day as Columbus sails away to the East

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto

I've got things to say
Keith, you're on wing, due to injury
But I've got to be me
I'll bench you in the third
If you score less than three
Henrik's our captain, so climb aboard
We'll search for that W, but we'll need to score
Lou don't cry
Schneider's the guy
To caaaaaaaaaaarry us

ElaeTMw.gif
kY0VIkr.gif

9dzYcpl.gif
m8FvgRb.gif

y9QOAbG.gif
UzRVV5y.gif

pM48nJw.gif
IoqR5r1.gif

mHK7yOn.gif
S4hF9mA.gif

Y06Qrs0.gif
fKTVRCI.gif

Last edited:

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Haha, STYX. My very first favourite band when I was 8. (older brother was into them... what could I do?)

I can play Come Sail Away on the piano... so... there's that.

Johnny LaRue

Jul 21, 2005
Abbotsford
I am really impressed with the wins. They are holding in and making it happen. It makes me feel guilty that I spent so much time deriding them over the past few weeks. :D

Lemmiwinks

Jun 11, 2011
B.C.
I'll be happy to see Edler slide in to replace Alberts, makes it easier on my nerves (though I did like the physicality Alberts was bringing lately. Hopefully we grind another one out, it's fun winning despite adversity!

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
I'll be happy to see Edler slide in to replace Alberts, makes it easier on my nerves (though I did like the physicality Alberts was bringing lately. Hopefully we grind another one out, it's fun winning despite adversity!

I'm thinking Barker sits and Alberts plays. Could be wrong though.

As long as they leave Ballard on the third line I'll be happy :yo:

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
No matter what, we can't escape playing the Kings in the playoffs. We're in 3rd, they're in 6th. Today Minny wins bumping us to 4th, Kings win bumping themselves to 5th. It's fated to be, and I hate it.

Just win.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
No matter what, we can't escape playing the Kings in the playoffs. We're in 3rd, they're in 6th. Today Minny wins bumping us to 4th, Kings win bumping themselves to 5th. It's fated to be, and I hate it.

Just win.

Agreed. I want absolutely nothing to do with the kings in the first round. Although I think the Canucks gave the kings the biggest test in the playoffs last year. Their fans say so and I think the kings feel so as well.

JA

Styx is one of my favorites. It just happens that since their separation from Dennis DeYoung, they've been touring with Lawrence Gowan. I enjoy listening to Gowan and have his most popular album, "Strange Animal," but would much rather listen to DeYoung perform his own songs than hear Gowan perform them with the band. Hearing "A Criminal Mind" with Styx, however, is a real treat, and it would be tremendous to hear Gowan perform some of his own songs with them.

If I could name a replacement for DeYoung, it would actually be Russell Hitchcock of Air Supply, although that is never going to happen. I find their vocal styles similar.

Anyway, here's hoping for a win.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Styx is one of my favorites. It just happens that since their separation from Dennis DeYoung, they've been touring with Lawrence Gowan. I enjoy listening to Gowan and have his most popular album, "Strange Animal," but would much rather listen to DeYoung perform his own songs than hear Gowan perform them with the band. Hearing "A Criminal Mind" with Styx, however, is a real treat, and it would be tremendous to hear Gowan perform some of his own songs with them.

If I could name a replacement for DeYoung, it would actually be Russell Hitchcock of Air Supply, although that is never going to happen. I find their vocal styles similar.

Anyway, here's hoping for a win.

I...I..I don't even know where to begin here....

I say Ride the Schneid and get the Sedins on the scoresheet.

4-1 VanCity

Karter

Feb 16, 2012
Sherbrooke
We're the type of team that needs to gather up steam game to game for a good run.

Facing the Kings in the first round is the opposite of that.

Nazareth

Feb 28, 2013
Pardon my ignorance, interested fantasy owner here but is Schneider getting the start for sure tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad