Post-Game Talk: Canucks 1, Blue Jackets 0: Lappy saves the day as Columbus sails away to the East

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derp Kassian

Jul 14, 2012
Vancouver
I couldn't get this game on center ice in the USA for some reason. It wasn't on NBC Sport nor the NHL Network.:dunno:

CDN team + Columbus... Don't think any network is taking that.

Wasn't impressed at all by this win but with this lineup you take what you can get.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Refs have obviously been instructed to allow all manner of clutching and grabbing for games involving CBJ. It levels the playing field for a franchise that has nothing going for it and has been kicked in the nuts a lot lately.

It isn't right, but the good guys won.

GingersRULE

Jun 11, 2011
I think part of the reason Schneider hasnt been the same form as last year is because AV isnt letting him put in a consistent string of games and get on a roll like he is now..Instead he'll play a couple and then Luongo will go in..Either way Schneids is the man and glad to see him in the zone now..He reminds me of the type of goalie who can do really well come playoff time and get into a zone like Quick and Thomas did..

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
I don't even know what to say, that was one of the worst games of anything I've had the displeasure of sitting through. Be proud NHL, you're literally stealing people's money when you sell crap like that as "entertainment".

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Well at least we know who is starting next game. Now to find out how many Canucks got injured.

ZenMaster*

I think part of the reason Schneider hasnt been the same form as last year is because AV isnt letting him put in a consistent string of games and get on a roll like he is now..Instead he'll play a couple and then Luongo will go in..Either way Schneids is the man and glad to see him in the zone now..He reminds me of the type of goalie who can do really well come playoff time and get into a zone like Quick and Thomas did..

He's top 5 in stats right now, he's playing right on par as last season. Him and Rask are the new breed. It's going to be a pleasure to watch him for the next 10 years.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
I don't even know what to say, that was one of the worst games of anything I've had the displeasure of sitting through. Be proud NHL, you're literally stealing people's money when you sell crap like that as "entertainment".

Wow, was it really that bad?

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
Whatever, take the 2 and move on. Give Bobrovsky credit: the guy is a monster, and if he gets that team to the playoffs, should run away with the Vezina. Schneids played well when he had to, as did the 2nd and 3rd lines, as did most of the D excluding Bieksa.

Those are the kinds of games good teams win. Uglier than Dale Weise in a speedo, but we'll take it.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
I think its pretty clear that lack of practice has hurt him. He picked up some bad habits playing in Europe and didn't get the chance to work the kinks out. He worked with Melanson while Lu started a bunch, got the technical details together, and is now rolling.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Yeah, it wasn't that bad in my opinion. Canucks were buzzing, I thought.

part of it was that columbus was just ****ing awful so most of the shots were chances too and it was really just the canucks playing pond hockey for 55 minutes

i can see this game having been ****ing terrifying from a cbj perspective, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad