Post-Game Talk: Canucks 1, Blue Jackets 0: Lappy saves the day as Columbus sails away to the East

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Seriously how exactly did Philly lose him again? Did they just let him walk in FA?

He wouldn't be this good in Philly, they play a style of play that isn't going to help a goalie play well and Ian Clark (yes that guy) deserves a lot of credit of turning Bobrovsky into the true #1 Cop in Town.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
He wouldn't be this good in Philly, they play a style of play that isn't going to help a goalie play well and Ian Clark (yes that guy) deserves a lot of credit of turning Bobrovsky into the true #1 Cop in Town.

Totally agree. He would even have worse stats this year than last if he had stayed in Philly.

Not taking anything away from him (Bobrovsky is still young with great potential) but right now he is benefiting from what I like to call the Dave Tippett effect. ;)

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
Totally agree. He would even have worse stats this year than last if he had stayed in Philly.

Not taking anything away from him (Bobrovsky is still young with great potential) but right now he is benefiting from what I like to call the Dave Tippett effect. ;)

8469608.jpg

"I don't know who you are talking about."

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary

Maybe, but you know Philly fans won't be looking at it that way, and schadenfreude is fun!

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com

Well the Dave Tippet/Sean Burke effect.

Bobrovsky is basically doing the reverse of what Bryzgalov has done.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
The most excited I got during last night's game?

Hamhuis' block? Nope.
Hansen's breakaway? Nope.
Lappy's goal and getting the win? Nope.

It was when I saw Kipper has refused to report to any team he could be traded to.

That's how exciting the game was and how much I enjoy the Flames (and potentially the Leafs) getting screwed.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
The most excited I got during last night's game?

Hamhuis' block? Nope.
Hansen's breakaway? Nope.
Lappy's goal and getting the win? Nope.

It was when I saw Kipper has refused to report to any team he could be traded to.

That's how exciting the game was and how much I enjoy the Flames (and potentially the Leafs) getting screwed.

Yeah, I mean how someone is stupid enough for there to be a market for him who knows. The fact that there is and he is untradeable is pretty funny.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I hadn't heard this Kipper news yet. Kinda funny from a Canucks fan perspective; but from a keeper fantasy team owner perspective it sucks. I didn't trade him last season in hopes that he would get traded to a contender, or at least a real team, at some point in the near future.

Guess he and his family are pretty settled in Calgary and he has no ambition whatsoever to win a cup. His prerogative. Leads be to believe that he'll retire when his current contract expires after next season. Heck, he just may have plans to retire after this season... he's only making 1.5 next season; and after taxes and such he'll probably not even gross 1 mill.... pffft, chump change.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
AV should win the jack Adams winning 5 straight with this lineup.
Paul MacLean says hello...

I hadn't heard this Kipper news yet. Kinda funny from a Canucks fan perspective; but from a keeper fantasy team owner perspective it sucks. I didn't trade him last season in hopes that he would get traded to a contender, or at least a real team, at some point in the near future.

Guess he and his family are pretty settled in Calgary and he has no ambition whatsoever to win a cup. His prerogative. Leads be to believe that he'll retire when his current contract expires after next season. Heck, he just may have plans to retire after this season... he's only making 1.5 next season; and after taxes and such he'll probably not even gross 1 mill.... pffft, chump change.
Guy has been "ridden like a rented mule" by the Flames - have to wonder really how gas is left in the tank.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Seriously how exactly did Philly lose him again? Did they just let him walk in FA?

I've been following Bob since he was in Russia and he's one of the most incredible stories in the NHL. The kid never had a goaltending coach and continually played on the worst teams in Russia but was so talented he made it all the way to the KHL and was signed as an undrafted prospect by the Flyers. The kid was fully expected to spend some years evolving in the AHL but came into training camp and out played all the Flyers goalies making the team. Had a phenomenal rookie year virtually carrying the Flyers but fell apart in the playoffs when fatigue and transition to NA Hockey finally got to him. The Flyers are a team that historically throw money at the problem so even though they had a bluechip prospect in net, Snider stupidly decided to throw 51 million at a train wreck in Bryz because Phoenix's system had made him look good. Bob spent another season as the backup in Philly having a pretty bad season because he needs consistent work to excel although arguably Bryzgalov played worse that season. Then he was traded that off-season to an absolutely perfect situation where he's excelling in Columbus.

This kid is a hockey prodigy. I'm such a big fan because aside from Crosby, I haven't come across a player who's has as much passion for the game and such a strong work ethic. Not to mention Bob is one of the most athletic goaltenders I've seen in a long time and there's a lot of wildness in his style as a product of coming up in Russia with no real formal mentoring.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
I've been following Bob since he was in Russia and he's one of the most incredible stories in the NHL. The kid never had a goaltending coach and continually played on the worst teams in Russia but was so talented he made it all the way to the KHL and was signed as an undrafted prospect by the Flyers. The kid was fully expected to spend some years evolving in the AHL but came into training camp and out played all the Flyers goalies making the team. Had a phenomenal rookie year virtually carrying the Flyers but fell apart in the playoffs when fatigue and transition to NA Hockey finally got to him. The Flyers are a team that historically throw money at the problem so even though they had a bluechip prospect in net, Snider stupidly decided to throw 51 million at a train wreck in Bryz because Phoenix's system had made him look good. Bob spent another season as the backup in Philly having a pretty bad season because he needs consistent work to excel although arguably Bryzgalov played worse that season. Then he was traded that off-season to an absolutely perfect situation where he's excelling in Columbus.

This kid is a hockey prodigy. I'm such a big fan because aside from Crosby, I haven't come across a player who's has as much passion for the game and such a strong work ethic. Not to mention Bob is one of the most athletic goaltenders I've seen in a long time and there's a lot of wildness in his style as a product of coming up in Russia with no real formal mentoring.

Thanks for the story, I had no idea he was so out of the ordinary. Too bad though, I wanted to gouge Columbus in a trade for one of our goalies :(

Northbad

Jul 3, 2010
Vancouver, B.C
The best part about this game for me is that I have Bobrovsky and Schneider on my fantasy team. 1 win, 0.00 GAA, 51 Shots, 100% SV% and 2 shutouts in total.

I still would have rather seen a more exciting game though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad