• Mikko Mikkola

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Igor Shesterkin

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Just doing Jovo a favor by collectively playing with Kravtsov Energy.

Panarin doesn't like Ed so he went off.

It was funny, we have poked some fun, but it’s starting to get annoying now. Don’t see Kravtsov part of the future and for his own good needs to move on if he is going to have any chance to play in the NHL on a consistent basis.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
And I'd agree (It'll keep his extension cost down for sure) but I do think we will have to re-think how to build a cup winning roster in front of a more erratic goaltender. For many years we had teams making the playoffs with relatively weak rosters (2009, for example) thanks just to Hank's consistent excellence.

I've long subscribed to the notion that we won't have another elite goalie that maintained his elite consistency as long as I'm on this planet.

That's not a knock on Igor who I think will be just fine and just facing some bumps in the road, but we (and the game itself) were truly blessed to have someone like Hank. He was the epitome of elite consistency for a long stretch.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
The NHL rules can be so petty when it comes to giving out to assists. Vancouver player really didn’t have control he more deflected it away and Miller was able to get to the puck and score.

I’ve seen players to nothing and get awarded an assist. Lol.
And if it wasn't deflected, the puck would have reached KAM and gotten those assists.
He didn't have CONTROL, and it wasn't a giveaway.......should have been assists there.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Yeah Fox had a bad game. Igor wasn’t real sharp but a couple of those were deflections and he lost his stick in Trouba’s skate on one.

Sloppy game, but they wouldn’t be on the run they’re on if Fox and Igor were playing as bad as some claim.

Reactions: FUZfan

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
yeah pretty ugly game where it looked like no one wanted to play defense and Igor didn't really want to stop pucks

This extended stretch of playing out of conference opponents kinda blows, feels like the team just shits its way through them sometimes

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
And if it wasn't deflected, the puck would have reached KAM and gotten those assists.
He didn't have CONTROL, and it wasn't a giveaway.......should have been assists there.

Yup Agreed. Looked at the play a few times. The league clearly felt he had control but I didn’t see it. Oh well.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Not really understanding the concern with Fox lol.

Yesterday wasn't his best game but he's been fine or great in every game since the break. Lindgren has been a f***ing ass disaster but I'm not overly worried there either.

That said, the only guy I'm really concerned about long term who is eating right now is Kreider and thats mostly because the team won't let him heal.

Yeah Fox had a bad game. Igor wasn’t real sharp but a couple of those were deflections and he lost his stick in Trouba’s skate on one.

Sloppy game, but they wouldn’t be on the run they’re on if Fox and Igor were playing as bad as some claim.

The 1st and 3rd goal weren't on him.

Goal 1 - Scramble after a point shot. Trouba decides to join the scrum for some reason (we were 2 on 2 down low before Joshua snuck in, that should have been Trouba's guy) who gets the loose puck and shoots it in. Not on Igor.

Goal 2 - Just a mess of a sequence but that Miller shot cannot, under any circumstances, go in from that spot. Igor reacted really late to this shot and was so off his angle.

Goal 3 - Lindgren odor all over this one, Not on him.

Goal 4 - This is a wrister from like 30 feet out. He should eat this shot every time its taken.

2nd and 4th goals were on him. The focus hasn't been there for him this year and that needs to change. I'm glad that they don't need to rely on him to win games but you can't give up goals like he has been giving up and expect to go anywhere this year.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
IMO Kreider has looked floaty and "lazy" most of the season. He's still being productive and I guess his analytics are still good but he looks far more like he's coasting and making softer one and done plays
Maybe he's trying to conserve for the playoffs, I dunno. He hasn't looked very energetic all season. That said...he's still scoring goals and will likely break 30. Big difference in his goal totals this year is power play IMO in that he's not getting the luck on his deflections and the powerplay has struggles more in general

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
Im kinda upset i stayed up to watch that. Happy we won. Ugly hockey.

Onward and upward
Yeah. Regular season weekday that starts at 10pm? I've learned to never stay up for them. Tired and stayed up late to watch a loss? Just a long tired day.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Yeah. Regular season weekday that starts at 10pm? I've learned to never stay up for them. Tired and stayed up late to watch a loss? Just a long tired day.

Basically the only reason i stayed up is because of how well the kid line has been playing. Wanted to see if they can pot another.

And wow Shesty needs to pick it up. Unless he is playing 4d chess where he sucks now to try to make sure other players play better so he can turn it on in the playoffs and everybody is in top form.

Reactions: Atax

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
IMO Kreider has looked floaty and "lazy" most of the season. He's still being productive and I guess his analytics are still good but he looks far more like he's coasting and making softer one and done plays
Maybe he's trying to conserve for the playoffs, I dunno. He hasn't looked very energetic all season. That said...he's still scoring goals and will likely break 30. Big difference in his goal totals this year is power play IMO in that he's not getting the luck on his deflections and the powerplay has struggles more in general

He looks exactly the same as last year but the PP and his deflections have regressed which is exactly what we all predicted would happen. Still producing around his career norms though as you said, which is good. Im also growing more concerned with how banged up he is. Missed games with a shoulder recently and now twice in the last week he's limped off with a hit to the same leg. He should be conserving energy and his health because were not winning if we don't get vintage playoff Kreider.

Reactions: THE BIG WHISTLE

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
And I'd agree (It'll keep his extension cost down for sure) but I do think we will have to re-think how to build a cup winning roster in front of a more erratic goaltender. For many years we had teams making the playoffs with relatively weak rosters (2009, for example) thanks just to Hank's consistent excellence.
Probably an unpopular opinion but I think the team should probably start preparing for what life after Igor looks like.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Probably an unpopular opinion but I think the team should probably start preparing for what life after Igor looks like.

They've got a little while before they have to worry about that but they shouldn't extend him after this contract is over.

They'll find another goalie somewhere, they always do.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

Too much worrying about 3 years down the road and not enough worrying about 3 months down the road around these parts imo

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Too much worrying about 3 years down the road and not enough worrying about 3 months down the road around these parts imo
Lead time for developing a goalie isn't short. The team should at least be thinking about what the plan is and how to set themselves up for success.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Caught most of the 1st before bed. Chytil's first shift he sped through the neutral zone and split through the D to get a good shot off. Kids skating like he's got a bee in his bonnet, very nice.

I later woke up bleary eyed needing to pee, turned on the game to see Kreider play the puck while blatently offsides to Joe's astonishment and turned back around to bed.

Judging from some of the reactions here I feel like I got a pretty good idea of what I missed.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Not really understanding the concern with Fox lol.

Yesterday wasn't his best game but he's been fine or great in every game since the break. Lindgren has been a f***ing ass disaster but I'm not overly worried there either.

That said, the only guy I'm really concerned about long term who is eating right now is Kreider and thats mostly because the team won't let him heal.

The 1st and 3rd goal weren't on him.

Goal 1 - Scramble after a point shot. Trouba decides to join the scrum for some reason (we were 2 on 2 down low before Joshua snuck in, that should have been Trouba's guy) who gets the loose puck and shoots it in. Not on Igor.

Goal 2 - Just a mess of a sequence but that Miller shot cannot, under any circumstances, go in from that spot. Igor reacted really late to this shot and was so off his angle.

Goal 3 - Lindgren odor all over this one, Not on him.

Goal 4 - This is a wrister from like 30 feet out. He should eat this shot every time its taken.

2nd and 4th goals were on him. The focus hasn't been there for him this year and that needs to change. I'm glad that they don't need to rely on him to win games but you can't give up goals like he has been giving up and expect to go anywhere this year.
The second is the one he lost his stick on Trouba’s skate I think. Yes bad angle but all sorts of distraction with his stick caught then dropping it and not having it for the shot. Bad angle? Yes. But he was not able to get set in a normal way.

Reactions: bhamill

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
The Positives

A win is a win. Club is undefeated since the break. 5 for 5. 10 Important points.

Panarin has been amazing. Really playing on another level. This is the Panarin the team needs in the playoffs.

Tarasenko got a helper. 2pts in 3 games as a NYR. Icetime increased from 13 mins to 17 mins last night. The guy looks very happy to be here.

Kreider gets another goal. Pacing 35 goals this season.

Trocheck with another point. 6pts in his last 5 games. +6 In that span. He's won 63% of his faceoffs in the last 5 games.

Rangers blocked 17 shots last night. Trouba as usual led the charge there but the forwards also blocked a lot of shots as well.

Fox's pass to Zbad was epic! Not too many players in the league that can make that pass.

The Negatives

Igor didn't look like Igor. Three games in a row for him with SV% under .900. .862, .897, .880.

Goody and Chytil didn't win a single faceoff all night. Faceoff stats are meaningless, until they aren't!

Kid line kept off the board.

The Canucks were the more physical team.

Rangers were outshot by the Nucks, despite blocking 17 shots on the night!

Rangers kept letting the Canucks back in.

Kravtsov is likely getting traded for another rental.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
The second is the one he lost his stick on Trouba’s skate I think. Yes bad angle but all sorts of distraction with his stick caught then dropping it and not having it for the shot. Bad angle? Yes. But he was not able to get set in a normal way.
He's mentally fragile. Things get a little iffy and he gets in his own head.

Expecting him to all of a sudden turn it on once the playoffs start is expecting a lot, I hope he can find his game before and carry that momentum into the playoffs.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012

Expecting him to all of a sudden turn it on once the playoffs start is expecting a lot, I hope he can find his game before and carry that momentum into the playoffs.
His calling card has been the opposite of mentally fragile. I'm expecting him to be back on point for the playoffs, and there's a lot of time before then.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

I think he just needs more games and to get in a bit of a groove. He has played 3 games since January 27th. He plays better when he plays every other day.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So I googled Canucklehead and got this…

13F04E78-3447-48B5-A967-240D26CC06F2.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4