Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Rough game, wasn’t perfect but got the win. I thought Vesey was good, Panarin was good. Just had to let the foot off the gas and Vancouver made it a game. Starting to have a little concern with Shesty. Hopefully he shakes it off by the time the playoffs get closer.
He's thinking too much offensively. as soon as he gets his first one, then he'll be fine.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Took the foot off the pedal and misjudged their control of the game. Feels like they have played up or down to the level of their opponents all season. Risky strategy, ugly win but still much-needed 2 pts.

Reactions: DanielBrassard

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
They took away the assists from Trouba and Chytil on the K'Andre goal.

Chytil has now gone 2 games without a point, and it's the first time since Jan 12th that the combination of Chytil, Kakko and Laf failed to get at least 1 point.

They had a few moments last night, but overall it wasn't their best game, collectively. I think they'll do better against Edmonton.

Their timing seemed off. Could've been the number of days without game action. Didn't really focus on whether Tocchet had a specific line matchup on them or not.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
that was just a poor effort and while I understand they aren't going to bring it every game (nor should they, really), I am worried about this sleepy starts trend they've had for about a month now.

they really just didn't bother most of the night and little things like Kreider's utterly f***ing lazy intentional offside in the 1st really, really rub me the wrong way. skating at half speed is one thing but openly not even bothering is a problem to me.

Shesterkin is legit bad this season. Like actually bad. Low danger shots are beating him every other game. I obviously don't care as long as he's good in the playoffs, but it's happening.

Just an extremely unpleasant game, it made me more of a fierce advocate of cutting the schedule by 10-20 games. These games against bad west coast teams are a chore.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
that was just a poor effort and while I understand they aren't going to bring it every game (nor should they, really), I am worried about this sleepy starts trend they've had for about a month now.

they really just didn't bother most of the night and little things like Kreider's utterly f***ing lazy intentional offside in the 1st really, really rub me the wrong way. skating at half speed is one thing but openly not even bothering is a problem to me.

Shesterkin is legit bad this season. Like actually bad. Low danger shots are beating him every other game. I obviously don't care as long as he's good in the playoffs, but it's happening.

Just an extremely unpleasant game, it made me more of a fierce advocate of cutting the schedule by 10-20 games. These games against bad west coast teams are a chore.

Eat a Snickers

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

Which goal against was low danger last night?

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Absolutely slept-walked through a game, still won 6-4. I'll take it.

People clamoring that they flew in 2-3 days ahead of the game and jet-lag isn't an excuse - for me I saw a team that top to bottom looked tired/travel-weary against a low level opponent. Just my opinion.

Now that they made it out this way, got that game done, by Friday I hope they're good to go because the AB games are going to be a much different opponent. (and truthfully, I think they respond differently)

FUZfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2018
I DVR'd this one and watched it this morning. I'm glad I did. I was riding that FF button hard throughout the third period. Must've been brutal watching it live.

Reactions: CLW and will1066

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Shesty just may end up being one of those goalies (Of which examples are legion) who has lots of up years and down years.

Reactions: Greg02

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Panarin was absolutely mesmerizing, that was 2019/20 Bread. He was assertive, playing with swagger and trying to fire everything at the net. He had that aura of a superstar.

Mika was very good as well.

Tarasenko looked lazy as hell, floating everywhere. Not good.

Trocheck was ok, still had that tunnel vision that I’ve complained about.

Vesey played a really simple game, almost painfully so because of how basic and X’s and O’s he plays. Zero finesse to his game but he did well.

Chytil was great, got some ohhhs out of the crowd on some of his rushes.

Kakko was pretty bad, pretty slow and his shots had so little power on them. Pretty much every other players shot made a completely different sound when it hit the goalies pads than his did. His body language was also really bad, looked mopey and shook his head when skating to the bench at end of several shifts. Some really bad turnovers too, honestly I’d say he was our worst player today.

Lafreniere looked like he was trying hard but doesn’t process the game at a high level yet. Didn’t look too slow like people say, but not a great game for him.

Kreider’s speed almost generated a few chances but he looked disengaged at times.

Gauthier was Gauthier.

Leshytshow was suck.

Goodrow was fine.

Fox was kinda underwhelming, didn’t feel like I was watching a superstar out there. His stick broke up a few plays and kept some pucks in but not the best game for him.

Lindgren was pretty good, he’s more mobile than he gets credit for.

Trouba was hilarious. The crowd hated him. He threw a few massive hits and Joshua was pissed at him multiple times. Temporarily injured Lazar. Then there were moments where he stumbled over his own feet, was looking a completely different direction from the play, etc lmao.

Schneider was decent.

Mikkola was okay, took a penalty again lol. And is nowhere near as physical as advertised.

Edit: forgot Miller! Don’t know how because he was very good. Man when I was along the glass in warmup and he was just feet in front of me he looks like a f***in tree! Giant of a man. Our best defenseman today

Shesterkin had an off game but the first goal was in a scrum and second he had no stick. The game was also generally very sloppy defensively for both teams. Was exciting seeing him try to shoot on the empty net even though it wasn’t a great attempt lol.

Gallant’s bald head was magnificent in person tbh. But the guy hid in the lockerroom the entire warmup because of my sign and his impending arrest.
All time great analysis thank you

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
He's thinking too much offensively. as soon as he gets his first one, then he'll be fine.

Trying to be the first offensive goaltender in history. In 2029... "Jayden Dill, 21-year-old, you gotta like this guy in the #5 draft slot. Simply a great two-way goaltender. Has offensive instincts to go with a wickedly fast glove hand. Won 35 games last season, .935 save percentage and scored 5 goals."

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If his down years still include a top-10 goaltending performance that's fine with me.

And I'd agree (It'll keep his extension cost down for sure) but I do think we will have to re-think how to build a cup winning roster in front of a more erratic goaltender. For many years we had teams making the playoffs with relatively weak rosters (2009, for example) thanks just to Hank's consistent excellence.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Said it last night and will say it again. I'm more worried about how Fox has been playing than Shesterkin. Igor will right himself for when it matters. Fox? I don't know what's going on with him. Probably injured. I've been underwhelmed by him for weeks since before the All Star break.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
actually i think it's really cool that they can dick around, play horrible defense, the goalie can suck but they still score 6 goals and win the game

The only concern to that is , look who they played.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Rangers on fire and some see bad things, like they do every single game. What a way to live.
Yeah Chosen, whatever happened to "WE WON" and being happy? Jeez, some people (you know who you are) game in and game out ALWAYS find something to complain about. Here's a fun fact; The Rangers are NOT God's gift to the NHL. Our players are not the only players that are getting paid to do a job........and that is WIN. You don't get an "extra" 2 points for playing the "perfect" game.
I found yesterday's game pretty entertaining. Was Shesty on his game? No. Were the kids GREAT again......No. Are the Canucks THAT bad overall. No. Defensively?.......yes. Did the Rangers play a good defensive game? No

Most important Point is....... 2 points. THAT is all that matters. THAT makes ME happy. If the coaches aren't, well........ Let them NOT be happy and it's their job to figure out how to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia