• Igor Shesterkin

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Panarin is loose and wants a Himbo. He doesn't want a line driver, he needs a workhorse he can ride and drain. Vesey will always defer to Panarin while Trocheck will hold his own on puck retrievals and act more like a center than strome. Vesey has real potential here to be a $800,000 replacement for a $5M Strome.
Himmy's more sound defensively than Strome too. Not that it's hard to do but still.

Which one is Pip?
I'll leave this for the readers' exercise =P

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
That was kinda pants but it's the first game on the West Coast

These west coast trips always seem to suck.

They are late. The team is usually low energy. The opponents and their respective fan bases don’t have the same energy to play against us cause they are so far removed from being rivals.

I’m very ok with scaling down the number of these long distance games and playing more eastern conference or metro division games.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
They got some pond hockey out of their system against a team that doesn't play a lick of defense. You can do that against the bottom-feeders, but you better win the game, which they did.

Hopefully it's just him adjusting to a new defensive scheme, but Mikkola is a penalty machine. He had at least one or two more plays that could, and probably should, have been penalties. One was a jersey grab that I was 100% sure was going to be called. He's handsier than a couple of teenagers in a dark theater.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Tarasenko was f***ing COASTING for 90% of the game. No overreaction at all from him. Is it a problem now? Probably not; guys that have won cups know what the upcoming grind is going to be like and I don't mind guys throttling back in meaningless games so long as he's hitting everything that moves and driving the net like a savage in the playoffs.
Game three with a new team and players.

There's coasting, and there's processing. I don't mind Iced Coffee taking some time to process and understand tendencies of his new team and line mates.

This is why it was good to get this trade done now so that he has that proper adjustment period.

If he's still coasting in Mid-March, then we have an issue.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I love how everyone is now an expert on this guy after a few games. It’s game number 50 something against a putrid team in which the team scored 6 goals but somehow it’s still “take shots at Tarasenko” time already.

It’s insufferable.

It’s a win and that’s what matters.

Tarasenko had an assist and drew a penalty. I thought he was fine. I guess some here are too young to remember Marty St. Louis had 1 goal in 19 regular season games after being traded from Tampa in 2014, that worked out OK id say. I think it's fair to let a guy who played his entire career for 1 team get a few games under his belt before we start calling him lazy and a floater. And whatever intangible effect he's had on Panarin is worth a slow start.

Tocchet's whole MO with Vancouver has been "dont quit and work hard". Rangers were sloppy but they led the entire game after the opening goal. Sign of a good team that they can turn it on when they need to. I expect a much better effort against EDM & CAL this weekend. Both Nucks games were traps and we got 4 points in the midst of winning 6 in a row. Hard for me to complain to much.

These west coast trips always seem to suck.

They are late. The team is usually low energy. The opponents and their respective fan bases don’t have the same energy to play against us cause they are so far removed from being rivals.

I’m very ok with scaling down the number of these long distance games and playing more eastern conference or metro division games.

Less opposite coast trips, more division games. Its not that hard to understand Bettman.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
They took away the assists from Trouba and Chytil on the K'Andre goal.

Chytil has now gone 2 games without a point, and it's the first time since Jan 12th that the combination of Chytil, Kakko and Laf failed to get at least 1 point.

They had a few moments last night, but overall it wasn't their best game, collectively. I think they'll do better against Edmonton.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The entire team looked like they were playing at Kravtsov pace while Vancouver was just buzzing for almost the entire game.

4th line aside (and this was a GOOD game for them) the 3 worst players on this team since the ASB have been

Lindgren
Kreider
Shesterkin

They need to get their shit straightened out. The schedule the rest of the way is tough. 4 games against teams with losing records so even the non playoff teams they have left are mostly teams that aren't completely out of it.

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Chytil has now gone 2 games without a point, and it's the first time since Jan 12th that the combination of Chytil, Kakko and Laf failed to get at least 1 point.

They had a few moments last night, but overall it wasn't their best game, collectively. I think they'll do better against Edmonton.

The NHL rules can be so petty when it comes to giving out to assists. Vancouver player really didn’t have control he more deflected it away and Miller was able to get to the puck and score.

I’ve seen players to nothing and get awarded an assist. Lol.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I'm hearing on the wire that Mikkola got a parking ticket at 6:59 for parking in a no-parking zone that expires at 7.

On HGTV, Harpur to Mikkola would be the Property Brothers offering to work on your house and when you return, they say, we didn't do a damn thing except changed the paint colors on your walls and everything you saw that was in English is now in Finnish.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: FUZfan

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

Outside of a couple shifts early the Kid line stunk for the first time in a month or so. They were getting out worked in the D-zone. Chytil still isnt there yet on the defensive side. It happens though, expect a bounceback against EDM.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Not a Picasso but I’ll take the 2 points
Really? Cause it sounds like a real Guernica.

400px-PicassoGuernica.jpg

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Noticed Dakota Joshua out there a lot. Took a couple licks from Trouba and scored a goal. Wouldnt mid him in a depth role for cheap.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Panarin was absolutely mesmerizing, that was 2019/20 Bread. He was assertive, playing with swagger and trying to fire everything at the net. He had that aura of a superstar.

Mika was very good as well.

Tarasenko looked lazy as hell, floating everywhere. Not good.

Trocheck was ok, still had that tunnel vision that I’ve complained about.

Vesey played a really simple game, almost painfully so because of how basic and X’s and O’s he plays. Zero finesse to his game but he did well.

Chytil was great, got some ohhhs out of the crowd on some of his rushes.

Kakko was pretty bad, pretty slow and his shots had so little power on them. Pretty much every other players shot made a completely different sound when it hit the goalies pads than his did. His body language was also really bad, looked mopey and shook his head when skating to the bench at end of several shifts. Some really bad turnovers too, honestly I’d say he was our worst player today.

Lafreniere looked like he was trying hard but doesn’t process the game at a high level yet. Didn’t look too slow like people say, but not a great game for him.

Kreider’s speed almost generated a few chances but he looked disengaged at times.

Gauthier was Gauthier.

Leshytshow was suck.

Goodrow was fine.

Fox was kinda underwhelming, didn’t feel like I was watching a superstar out there. His stick broke up a few plays and kept some pucks in but not the best game for him.

Lindgren was pretty good, he’s more mobile than he gets credit for.

Trouba was hilarious. The crowd hated him. He threw a few massive hits and Joshua was pissed at him multiple times. Temporarily injured Lazar. Then there were moments where he stumbled over his own feet, was looking a completely different direction from the play, etc lmao.

Schneider was decent.

Mikkola was okay, took a penalty again lol. And is nowhere near as physical as advertised.

Edit: forgot Miller! Don’t know how because he was very good. Man when I was along the glass in warmup and he was just feet in front of me he looks like a f***in tree! Giant of a man. Our best defenseman today

Shesterkin had an off game but the first goal was in a scrum and second he had no stick. The game was also generally very sloppy defensively for both teams. Was exciting seeing him try to shoot on the empty net even though it wasn’t a great attempt lol.

Gallant’s bald head was magnificent in person tbh. But the guy hid in the lockerroom the entire warmup because of my sign and his impending arrest.

Tldr

Reactions: EdJovanovski

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
They can -- and will -- clean up their D. It's encouraging to see though that they are playing much faster as a team, and their breakouts are better when they're not hemmed in. And the transition game is legit dangerous again.

As someone mentioned, they know that they're good now. They're not going to give their best effort against lower-tier teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad