Speculation: Canes need Top 6 Forward

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/inside...known-markets-the-nhl-could-expand-to~1557908

~4;30

The defense has been as good as advertised. Prior to the lethargic performance last night, they were Top 5 in 5v5 GA. You still have to score goals to win games. The 2 GF/G the Canes have scored over their last 22 going back to mid-October and the 5 goals over their past 5 games isn't going to cut it.

Carolina does have a couple highly touted teenagers in Necas and Svechnikov, in particular, that will get better in the coming years. There shouldn't be such an urgency that results in the team getting fleeced, but they're ripe to be the next team that swaps a D for a F in a hockey trade.

Reactions: SvechNecas

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Jeff Carter? Not sure is he has a NMC, but he might be a good fit until Necas and Svech are ready

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Kevin Hayes will not directly address goals, but he can be a good playmaker for some of the younger wingers you do have all the while being a solid defensive player.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Canes have the best AHL affiliate in the league littered with 1st/2nd round picks and top prospects (Necas, Kuokkanen, Saarela, Nic Roy, Julien Gauthier, Geekie, etc) and the three players they have called up this year are Clark Bishop, Phil Di Giuseppe, and Saku Maenalanen. If you said “who?” then you would be right.

The Canes are just going to tank this one out. Especially with Jordan Staal injured. Their goalie situation is terrible, their entire Center group is sub-par at every level, and they lack scoring. They don’t need your team’s rentals. They aren’t trading Svechnikov for your team’s aging veterans. This isn’t a yard sale of young talent.

The only interim move I think they should make is bringing in Brassard for something like Buffalo’s 2nd.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Jeff Carter? Not sure is he has a NMC, but he might be a good fit until Necas and Svech are ready

This is the move I want the Canes to make, but I wonder if the Canes have what LA would want as our 1st is, implied repeatedly by Waddell, not available.

The Canes would definitely be looking to move from their depth on D (one of Faulk, Fleury, TVR) and spec depth everywhere (top-end like Necas and Svech not available; but probably anybody else.) but in net.

The Canes have more non-elite quality pieces than they have roster space for, but seemingly can't convert it to their need for scoring, a top-6 C or a solution in net.

Reactions: SvechNecas

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Buffalo's D is banged up after their hell month schedule wise.

Is Faulk still movable?

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Buffalo's D is banged up after their hell month schedule wise.

Is Faulk still movable?

Think this is still the Canes FO's preference. Make an offer?

Vancuover (Besser)

for

Carolina

(Slaven)

No.

Dzingle + Ceci vs Pesce + third pick

Also No.

I don't think any Canes NHL D other than Faulk, TVR and possibly Fleury are available. Fans would be open to moving Pesce or Hamilton, but I doubt Waddell is. Slavin is not available for anything sane or fair.

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
I was told defense wins it all and that canes have the best d in the nhl.. Have they scored 2 goals in a game in the last 2 weeks and since Nylander signed?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad