Speculation: Canes need Top 6 Forward

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I was told defense wins it all and that canes have the best d in the nhl.. Have they scored 2 goals in a game in the last 2 weeks and since Nylander signed?

You don’t remember that 5-2 beat down the Canes gave the Leafs? Where Slavin was clowning Marner the entire game? Surely you remember, it was embarrassing.

Weird argument given the circumstances.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I was told defense wins it all and that canes have the best d in the nhl.. Have they scored 2 goals in a game in the last 2 weeks and since Nylander signed?

To be fair that’s a statement about team defence as it’s easier to keep the puck out of the net than it is to score.

Canes D is excellent. Lack of scoring and a quality tender is their issue.

Reactions: AD Skinner

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
It would be a Canes move to miss on Nylander and then overpay for some other meh player to replace Skinner after moving him in the offseason.
At this point I'm very afraid they will overreact and give away valuable pieces for a meh return. They just need to hold onto their 1st and see what they can get for Faulk and/or TVR at the deadline.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
At this point I'm very afraid they will overreact and give away valuable pieces for a meh return. They just need to hold onto their 1st and see what they can get for Faulk and/or TVR at the deadline.

Take a note from the Jets. It took a while to get there but the depth they got and the quality of players they got from just drafting and being patient paid off. The defense is strong and young. The forwards have some good pieces but are young and need to develop. The prospect cupboard is overflowing.

Add another top 10 draft pick and a goalie and they are a playoff team. Hell just get them a goalie that can play 60 games at a decent level. If McStarter was 10 years younger the team would be fine but he can't play at a high level for an entire season.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Take a note from the Jets. It took a while to get there but the depth they got and the quality of players they got from just drafting and being patient paid off. The defense is strong and young. The forwards have some good pieces but are young and need to develop. The prospect cupboard is overflowing.

Add another top 10 draft pick and a goalie and they are a playoff team. Hell just get them a goalie that can play 60 games at a decent level. If McStarter was 10 years younger the team would be fine but he can't play at a high level for an entire season.
I agree. What scares me is the impatience of our owner and the competence of our GM. They don't seem like the same quality of management as what the Jets have had.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
The only interim move I think they should make is bringing in Brassard for something like Buffalo’s 2nd.

I don't think PIT would move him for a 2nd, but I do think there's options there to get a deal done - and no I don't think it would cost Carolina any of their young studs.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Dzingel
for
TVR + pick/prospect

I could see a deal like that provided the Sens plan to trade Ceci elsewhere.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Honest ?, does Faulk have any mobility left, or is he quickly turning into an anchor?
Don't see him enuf to know, and it is huge factor on value.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Silfverberg for conditional 2nd round pick (becomes a first in 2019 or 2020 if he resigns).

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Dustin Brown-Leader
Jeff Carter- 2 way player
Tyler Toffoli- Sniper
Are all available and have reasonable caphits... what’s the offer and what are you looking for...

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Forget about the forwards... Carolina needs a damn goalie. McElhinney was saving the day, but he is not the solution.

Its been like that for a while now, I really don't know why they don't address it seriously. The way they struck out on Grubauer is unacceptable... I don't accept the premise that Washington did not want to trade in-division. They should just have really outbid Colorado and made it happen. Giving a pick just a few spot higher was rightfully not enough for Washington to give them Grubauer.

They better send everything at Bobrovsky in the offseason...

Reactions: Negan4Coach

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Forget about the forwards... Carolina needs a damn goalie. McElhinney was saving the day, but he is not the solution.

Its been like that for a while now, I really don't know why they don't address it seriously. The way they struck out on Grubauer is unacceptable... I don't accept the premise that Washington did not want to trade in-division. They should just have really outbid Colorado and made it happen. Giving a pick just a few spot higher was rightfully not enough for Washington to give them Grubauer.

They better send everything at Bobrovsky in the offseason...
Carter/Toffoli + Petersen but it’ll cost you a lot! The kid is way better than anything the Carolina has!

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Why would they trade for a forward when they have so many future all-stars percolating in the AHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad