Confirmed with Link: Canes get Niederreiter for Rask!?!?

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
When we make the playoffs, it's time to move on Lindholm and Skinner discusion at all. Yeah, we give a lot but this team is really good now. Calgary trade is not that bad, it's just not ideal, but we are not in same position without Ferly and Dougie.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
When we make the playoffs, it's time to move on Lindholm and Skinner discusion at all. Yeah, we give a lot but this team is really good now. Calgary trade is not that bad, it's just not ideal, but we are not in same position without Ferly and Dougie.

Dougie has been great. He destroys Hanifin and it’s not even remotely close. Seeing what Lindholm is doing in Calgary stings but I think it’s fair to say he likely wasn’t wasn’t going to achieve that here. The trade, along with playing with JG and money, seems to have lot a fire under him. He didn’t have that motivation here for whatever reason.

Ferland will be tough to see go in FA if that happens. He is a great glue guy and this team needs more of that. If he stays and we sign Fox I’m completely happy with the trade. I mean that is the dream right there.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So he can't even score any more, and has to pass the puck instead! HAHAHAHAHA.

Meanwhile, Victor...we call him Vic, we've got a good vibe...is merely biding his time and resting his magnificent thews, preparing for his assault on the record books as MN heads down the stretch.

Try not to feel jealous of us up in Minnesota.

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
I still can't stop laughing at this trade, especially considering Nino's torrid pace since he's come here; it'll make up for the Skinner trade in my mind, especially if he leaves Buffalo in FA (which of course I strongly doubt).

None of this would be possible with Skinner still here. His bad attitude, laziness, and sloppy defense zone play is not missed at all.

Rod didnt want him on this team no matter what the return was.

That says everything you need to know

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
None of this would be possible with Skinner still here. His bad attitude, laziness, and sloppy defense zone play is not missed at all.

I think it would have been different if he had more years on his deal. They likely see if the new ownership, coaching change, etc would give him the necessary motivation to get on board with the direction of the team. Having 1 year left and having him walk for nothing/not wanting to re-sign him to a massive deal gave the Canes the out to move him for a whatever type package.

Primetime8

Oct 10, 2014
Columbia, SC

Speaking of Skinner:

First 35 games: 25G 12A 37P +21 23.4S%
Last 30 games: 11G 9A 20P -18 9.8S%

I still think he is a good player but that's a sharp drop. His defense in the 2 games against the Canes was pretty brutal, also. That one where he let Faulk get basically in the slot and just fire sticks out.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
So he can't even score any more, and has to pass the puck instead! HAHAHAHAHA.

Meanwhile, Victor...we call him Vic, we've got a good vibe...is merely biding his time and resting his magnificent thews, preparing for his assault on the record books as MN heads down the stretch.

Try not to feel jealous of us up in Minnesota.

Well, you got Staal locked up for two more years, so... nice. Good for you.

And Vic? That's a name with some sandpaper to it. Maybe a mid career change to Vic Nasty is on the horizon.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Speaking of Skinner:

First 35 games: 25G 12A 37P +21 23.4S%
Last 30 games: 11G 9A 20P -18 9.8S%

I still think he is a good player but that's a sharp drop. His defense in the 2 games against the Canes was pretty brutal, also. That one where he let Faulk get basically in the slot and just fire sticks out.

Their goaltending falling off a cliff is the bigger factor there.

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC
Still trying to figure out how this happened.

giphy.gif

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Still trying to figure out how this happened.
I don't care how bad Nino was playing in Minnesota (I still scratch my head at when Wild fans mention this, he was still scoring .5 PPG without a whole lot of ice time while allegedly being so horrible in the ice time he did get), to trade him for a player like Victor Rask should get their pro scouts fired. I can't imagine anyone who actually watched both players would think this would ever be anything close to an even swap.

ChuckW

Keep the Hurricanes great!
May 15, 2009
Parts unknown
I don't care how bad Nino was playing in Minnesota (I still scratch my head at when Wild fans mention this, he was still scoring .5 PPG without a whole lot of ice time while allegedly being so horrible in the ice time he did get), to trade him for a player like Victor Rask should get their pro scouts fired. I can't imagine anyone who actually watched both players would think this would ever be anything close to an even swap.

People should literally have lost their job for that trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad